TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sara-chan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sara

I dont understand - September 15th 2015, 10:08 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Whats the point in being alive? Honestly. I can't find a single reason for living. Life is terrible and will continue to be terrible. It's empty. Why should I remain alive?

Life is a journey| Every step is a choice you make| Sometimes you'll stumble and fall| Get up, be strong, And set your feet on the road again| Soon you'll be standing tall| Live all you can, and understand| If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off| Whatever goes up, must always come down again| If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off
  Send a message via AIM to Sara-chan  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: I dont understand - September 15th 2015, 10:22 PM

Hey there,

There are a lot of reasons for you to stay alive and I can sit here and list them all day, but the reason needs to come from inside of you. Something, anything, no matter how small it is that gives you hope and reason. Whether it be a friend, pet, hobby etc, even if it starts as something small, over time you can work it into a list of reasons.
There is always a reason and there is always hope, life is a beautiful thing.

If you ever want/need to talk, feel free to drop me a PM.

Take care and stay strong
Charli

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Sara-chan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I dont understand - September 15th 2015, 10:25 PM

You could list them and I could point out how every reason is completely pointless. I really don't see an actual reason to continue living.

Life is a journey| Every step is a choice you make| Sometimes you'll stumble and fall| Get up, be strong, And set your feet on the road again| Soon you'll be standing tall| Live all you can, and understand| If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off| Whatever goes up, must always come down again| If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: I dont understand - September 15th 2015, 10:56 PM

Hey, Sara.

I'm sorry because to be sitting there seeing any reason to live as pointless, you must have already been through a lot. I'm not entirely sure why you began feeling this way or what is going on in your life but I can listen and that's why I want to let you know that you're more than welcome to explain more about your struggles and what's going on. All of us can listen and try to help if we can but mainly, you're allowed to get some things off your chest.

Whatever happens, you keep finding things to fight for. When everything feels pointless, try not to focus on long-term things but rather the small, beautiful and simple things/moments. Open all of the windows and curtains, see the light all around the house and feel the fresh air. Walk around and embrace that moment. Walk outside, just keep walking and appreciate all the simple things. Whether it be the sky, the air, the trees, the birds or butterflies. Anything and everything. Sometimes the simplest things can be beautiful and remind you of why you keep holding on.

As I said, I don't know what's going on but what I do know is that you have your entire future ahead of you. The way you feel right now and what you're going through probably feels like everything life is but that's not true at all. What you're going through is only a portion of life. There will be better days, amazing experiences and feelings you'll have that'll make all of this worth holding on for. My beliefs are that the hard times are never pointless.

Don't know if this helped any but I sure hope it did. Stay strong.

Last edited by DeletedAccount11; September 15th 2015 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Making a sentence make more sense.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Sara-chan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I dont understand - September 15th 2015, 11:04 PM

I cant see anything amazing anymore. I can't describe it. It's like the light in the world has been slowly vanishing since i was 12 and now its completely gone and I've been stumbling around.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: I dont understand - September 15th 2015, 11:16 PM

Have you opened up to anyone in your personal life or professionally speaking about how you feel? Having some guidance and support could help you a lot through this.

What do you enjoy? Do you think it'd be helpful to create a new routine and introduce new things into your life? Like a new exercise routine, try out different hobbies and even try new foods. Explore and be adventurous because you never know when you'll find something you'll become passionate towards.

Having ways to express yourself may be rather beneficial as well. You can do so by journaling, blogging, through creative hobbies like art and creative writing. Don't be afraid to find healthy ways to get these feelings out.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Sara-chan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I dont understand - September 15th 2015, 11:21 PM

I have no one in my life.

I cant afford to really branch out and even stuff I have tried doesnt help. Now it seems pointless.

I've tried a lot of things and my creativity doesnt really go anywhere. I just get frustrated and sad and just ask why am I even doing this

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: I dont understand - September 16th 2015, 01:47 AM

The sad thing is that one thing that could actually persuade you it's worth is is something that no one can give you: a view into the future. You don't know what's going to happen tomorrow, never mind in 5, 10 years time. I can't persuade you to carry on and I can't give you reasons- a reason for me might no even be a reason for you. Depression is such an isolating illness and it's like it's snatched all the light and life out of you. I don't think there's anything any of us can say to make it better, but you certainly aren't alone and so if you did want to talk to us know that we are here.

Personally I think the only way out of this is through it, and I know you can get there. You have to remember that these feelings of wanting to give up and not seeing anything are reported time and time again by those suffering from depression. This is an illness and I used to find it helpful to realize I was feeling the way I was because of that and not because it was the truth. This isn't who you are, this is an illness/syndrome that can be overcome. It can and will pass, lovely, when you find something that works or even maybe just with time. Please keep your head up <3

Take as long as you need.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Sara-chan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I dont understand - September 16th 2015, 02:05 AM

I dont know if I can... I've been trying to fix my situation for a long time and things are only getting worse

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I dont understand - September 17th 2015, 11:07 PM

Its really horrible when you yourself can see no reason to life but I bet those around you can see lots of wonderful things about you and your life and will want you to keep fighting; I know I do. You have come here for some help and that proves to me that a part of you wants to get better and fight this. Like said, I can suggest you reasons to live but my reasons might be different to yours but trust me, this won't last forever.

I have been there, some days I still am there and I have been fighting it for 12 years with a lot of attempts to end it all but I'm still here and there must be a reason for that. This isn't who you are. These are symptoms of depression and suicide would only be a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You deserve life.

I don't know if anything has happened to make you feel this way but know tat we're, I'm, here to listen to you if you need to rant and that we'll give you the best support we can here because we care about you. We will advise you our best and try to help you through this. You are not alone, okay?

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#11 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I dont understand - September 19th 2015, 04:20 AM

Do you have the ability to see a therapist? I think that might be something you should consider. I think a therapist could help you find reasons to keep living and could also help you gain some new perspectives on things going on in your life. While you might be dealing with a lot of things right now those issues can resolve themselves with time. If you harm yourself you'll never get to see those things change. If you want you could write here about the things that are going on in your life. It might help to vent about those things and some of the staff might be able to give you some insight into the situation or help you see it from a different perspective.

If you are going to harm yourself I suggest that you go to the nearest hospital and let them help you. I know that asking for help can be really hard, I only did it once, but I assure you it's a lot better than harming yourself.

If you ever want to chat feel free to message me. I am pretty much always available.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Sara-chan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I dont understand - September 19th 2015, 06:44 PM

I cant afford therapy and even when I used to get it, it never helped in fact it made things worse.

I can't afford hospitals or doctors.

Closed Thread