TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: J

No Reason To Live - September 23rd 2015, 03:06 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've been at breaking point for a few months but I've had this amazing guy for the past... 2 months come the 26th--3 days away--tonight we ended and it's pushed me over the edge, I'm currently drinking heavily and unsure of how to push on, he wants to be friends but also have a break I dunno what to do.. I fell in love with this guy and now all I can think of is how to just stop living, hoping for the most painful solution because I hate myself Best thing to happen to me all year and I fucked up! Well fucking done, bravo, where's that cane to drag me off stage when I need it?

Sincerely,
Pissed and just done.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
rigirl10101010 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lizzie Star

Re: No Reason To Live - September 25th 2015, 02:09 PM

I know losing a guy can be hard, but there are a lot of fish in the sea. He might've seemed like the perfect guy, but some things just don't add up. but i can tell you one thing drinking won't help. When ever I feel super depressed, I talk to my friends and they help me feel better. And If you want to, you can always talk to me again. So i'm sorry it didn't work out with that guy, but mabye being his friend can help in some way.
You might think that there's no reason to live, but that's not true. There is always a reason to live, always, always, always. because living is playing with your friends at the beach or the park. Living is all your happy summer memories all wrapped into one.
So don't focus on the bad stuff in life,
Live

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: No Reason To Live - September 26th 2015, 06:37 PM

I've more things to add on . The fact that one person is done.. means that there's a chance for you to meet someone who'll appreciate you more and care for you in the future. Never lose faith because you're better than you think you are, and there's always a reason to think positively, there's always a reason to not doubt yourself.

Because i know that you're sweet, nice and deserving of love, butterfly kisses and a warm feeling in the stomach. You're that special, and never ever think otherwise.

You know that you'll always have me, right? cause i'll always have your back.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: No Reason To Live - September 27th 2015, 04:29 PM

Hello

Firstly I am really glad that you have posted here. It sounds like you are going through a really rough time and you honestly deserve all the support you can get to help you through this. I know its hard but you aren't alone and we're here to help.

Losing someone you feel really close too and have feelings for can be really difficult and I can relate to that. I know what you're going through isn't easy right now but it will honestly pass and you will get through it because you're a strong person. I can't make everything okay but if you keep holding on then you will get there and through this but you have to keep fighting, you know? You have so much to live for and deserve the best and even more so, you deserve to look after yourself.

I don't know if you want to talk about it more and more about how you are feeling, but know we're here to listen and support you as best as we can do. You are not alone in this so please reach out for help when you need it the most.

Take good care and keep your chin up, you can get through this.
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: No Reason To Live - October 3rd 2015, 09:00 PM

Hi, J.

I'm sorry to hear about this but like Jessie - I'm really glad you posted here to reach out to us. You shouldn't have to go through this alone.

You seem to have really cared for this guy and that's why I can understand very much just how low you must feel. You had to have gotten so close to him in this time which is what makes this so painful. I just want to remind you that even though this must be extremely hard, never stop holding on. Losing a person you know and care for so much and being so confused about where you stand now (friendship or a break) would understandably cause a person to feel as there's no point anymore especially when you were already dealing with a lot before this relationship.

Do you have anyone in your personal life you can confide in about this? Losing someone important to you is obviously never easy so it could bring a lot of comfort to you if you were able to lean on someone like one of your parents, a trusted adult (family member or teacher etc) or a friend that would understand. Just don't be alone through this, J. Speaking of, would you like to talk more about what happened to us? What caused the break-up? Of course, you have no obligation to share that if you aren't comfortable but I wanted to let you know you're more than welcome to open up if it'd help.

What may also help is to find a way to express your feelings about this. Write a poem or a song about your feelings, journal, blog and maybe even draw/paint if that would help. Regardless, don't bottle all of this up. Having an outlet is healthy and it could help you get things out. Perhaps you could write a list of positive things and a personalized list of reasons to live similar to this list. Go for walks and embrace the sunlight, maybe even bring a device along to listen to upbeat music. Creating happy moments on your own is important and you deserve to be happy and you will be, so for now, just hold on, okay?

You can do this. Remember that we're here so don't be afraid to continue reaching out. Stay strong and PM me if you need.

Closed Thread