TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
fight.for.it Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I just dont care anymore - September 29th 2015, 10:44 PM

What can you do to actually want to be alive. I want to want to but I just cant. What is the point in life. Your born, some rubbish in the middle, then die. Why not just skip all the difficult and deppressing stuff in the middle and go straight to the end. I dont see any point in it. I struggle at school, I argue with people, I get annoyed, but whats the point in it anyway. In the end we all die anyway. The only reason im alive proberaly is because I have no easy way to do it. I have tried talking to people about my problems but It has just made me more stressed.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: I just dont care anymore - September 30th 2015, 03:37 AM

Hey there.

First off, I'm glad you reached out here because it sounds like you're having a really hard time right now. Do you want to talk more about all the things that tie into how you feel? You mentioned that you argue with people a lot - is there a way to reduce arguments? Perhaps it would be more effective to have a calm discussion with these people about what upsets you and have them do the same. This way some of the issues causing arguments may be resolved. As for struggling with school, do you have friends that can help you study and/or any teachers that can help you out? I believe most schools have teachers and tutors that would be happy to help you out when you're having trouble with particular subjects.

You mentioned that you have tried talking to people about your problems and it made you more stressed. I'm sorry opening up didn't help you but I do want to say you should be proud for opening up to whoever you did talk to and also for reaching out here. It can be scary so it takes courage. Which is why I hope you aren't discouraged from reaching out again since the first experience wasn't positive. Not everyone will have the same reaction, it just depends on who you talk to. Is there anyone you trust and feel close to that you could talk to about all of this? Here's a list explaining who you can go to.

I'm sorry you feel so low to even have this point of view towards life. You're right; if you end your life, you will skip all the depressing stuff in the middle but you know what you'll also skip? The moments where it's not so gloomy and cloudy anymore, when it stops storming. When you meet new people who make you feel happy and accepted, when you achieve things that you've wanted for awhile, to experience new and exciting moments in your life, you know? Travelling and seeing new places and achieving your dreams. Think of all the amazing moments just there, not counting all of them in-between.

I hope you don't feel as I'm belittling how you're feeling right now because I am certainly not trying to. I don't feel the way you do so I cannot fully understand, but I do imagine that you must feel extremely low to have these views in the first place and it's not as simple as flipping a switch to suddenly be happy again. However, I do know that how you're feeling will not last forever which is why my goal is to remind you of how wonderful life can be also. It can be so rewarding and the experience, strength and simply knowing it's possible to get through the toughest moments can be rewarding all on its own. You should have the opportunity to experience all of life's happy moments and the better days that are sure to come so just hold on because you can do this.

I don't believe the only reason you're alive is because you have no easy way to do it, I believe you're alive because deep down you're willing to fight and that you know there's more to life than this. Stay strong, stay hopeful and hang on. Feel free to continue reaching out to us.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: I just dont care anymore - October 1st 2015, 02:54 PM

I think its better if you undertake some activity which allows you to calm yourself, such as maybe singing, charity work, pool and stuff like that. Those things slow things down and train your thinking ability, as well as broaden your horizons. Heck i'm pretty sure those are things that plenty of people would be happy to do, and would really help to make things better for you. And there's so much more to life. So many good experiences, so many adventures, plenty of happiness, some sadness here and there, but what is sure is that you can overcome any challenge. Nothing can't be beaten. I reassure you that's the truth.

And i promise to support you and be here for you anytime. you'l always have us, and you'll never see us leave it sounds funny but that's how we are. Count on us!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I just dont care anymore - October 2nd 2015, 09:15 PM

Hi there.

I'm so sorry that you're going through this right now but so glad you have reached out for help. And you should be proud of yourself for doing so.

Sometimes we need to reflect on things in life and recognise why there is a point to it. It took me a long time to do this but in the end found reasons. Yes I lose them at times and that ends up with me in a bad way but I also remember them at times and it keeps me going. Have you thought about creating a list of reasons to live? It can be from small things like hot chocolate and your fave tv programme to wanting a family of your own and the dream carer you've always thought of. Sometimes we need these things around us (so you could stick it up on your wall or somewhere) to remind us of why we're fighting this battle. Feeling this way can be really draining so it's good to have something there to remind us of why we're beating this. You haven't given up for a reason. Something is making you stay here and not killing yourself. You know? You're still alive for a reason.

Yes, we're born, then there's a middle and then we die. And yes sometimes the middle can be hard going but it can also be good. I'm a big believer that your life is what you make it. You have to put things in place that make all this worth the fight. For example, when I feel suicidal I look at my list of reasons to live, I spend time around others and I put things into place in my life which help keep me motivated. Do these things. Keep reminding yourself of why you're still here and haven't given up. You don't skip all of the things in the middle because its not all bad. There are good things that happen in the world too but sometimes when we feel so low like you do now, it's hard to see that. Open up your eyes and see those beautiful things because you deserve to see them, okay? You deserve a life and you deserve happiness. Make a point to life. I've just gone to university and it's given me a point to life. Its hard but its there.

Can I ask why you struggle at school? Is it because you argue with people? Have you ever thought about talking to someone at school about how you're feeling? What is ti exactly that you get annoyed with? I know you've tried talking to someone before and it doesn't always go how we want it to go so sometimes it's worth trying again because going through this on your own can be a really lonely place and I would hate to see you go through this by yourself. I care about you and wants whats best for you and if there is anything I can do to help you then I am more than happy to try. Even if it's just listening to you when you feel low or sad or have suicidal thoughts. Don't suffer in silence.

You can do this and get through to the other side okay? Please don't give up on hope. Its alive and you're the one keeping it alive! Like I said, you're still here for a reason. There's a reason as to why you haven't given up on the fight and you've got to hold on to that. Please feel free to message me if you need me but in the meantime take good care of yourself and stay strong. We're all rooting for you and are right behind you in this.

All the best,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread