TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
falloutgirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy is this life (its a bit shit tbh) - September 30th 2015, 08:45 PM

i feel so empty and i have for a while, sometimes i even consider running away or suicide!
i want to feel happy again, i miss the days when the littlest things would make me happy but now all i fell is pain or on a good day i feel nothing but whats better pain or nothing? i just dont know, i think i need help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
falloutgirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: is this life (its a bit shit tbh) - September 30th 2015, 08:57 PM

someone pm me?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: is this life (its a bit shit tbh) - October 1st 2015, 12:33 AM

Hey! I see that you're new here so welcome to TeenHelp.

The very fact that you decided to reach out is fantastic all on its own. Opening up isn't easy but I'm glad you're talking about how you've been feeling. However, I'm sorry that you feel this way. Only feeling low or feeling nothing sounds really difficult to cope with. I was wondering if anything in particular has contributed to how you're feeling? You mentioned feeling as you want to run away sometimes. Are things kind of rocky at home with your family? You certainly don't have to share whatever it is if you don't wish but I wanted to let you know you have that option if you ever feel like opening up more, okay?

Since you go back and forth between feeling suicidal or feeling nothing, do you think it would be a good idea to include things in your life that do make you feel? This can be anything like a hobby you enjoy or even spending time with family members and/or friends whose company you enjoy. Perhaps you could try out new hobbies? You're bound to stumble upon something you feel passionately towards. Having ways to express your feelings can also help you process your thoughts and emotions as well without bottling them up or allowing the negative emotions to fester. Do you have a journal? Journaling can be rather therapeutic to some so maybe you could give it a try if you haven't. There's also creative hobbies you can express yourself through, like poetry, story/song writing, art and crafts.

How about also branching out and talking to people at your school that seem friendly that you've never really spoken to much? Building new friendships can be a healthy and refreshing thing to do. I thought I would also mention simple things. Simple, everyday things that can really boost your mood. Go for a walk and embrace it. Don't just walk... embrace everything; the sights (whether it be flowers, birds, insects, animals etc), sounds and how the air feels, how the sun feels shining on you or through the trees. When you take a moment to fully appreciate simple things, it can have sort of a positive impact on your day if that makes any sense.

While I'm not entirely sure of everything going on in your life, I do want to remind you that this isn't all life is. I cannot stress that enough. The difficult feelings might make you believe it's all there is to life but that's majorly misleading. Life has a lot of ups and downs and you know what? The ups can be amazing and the great moments make life worth it. I also believe hardships can have a positive effect on people later on by showing them that they can get through so much and that they're stronger than they know. Another huge plus is gaining compassion and understanding from each experience. It all helps you grow in one way or another, you know? Just keep holding on and stay strong. You can get through this.

P.S: You can PM me if you need to talk. I just PM'd you as well!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Re: is this life (its a bit shit tbh) - October 1st 2015, 04:54 PM

Hey there. I have felt similarly before, but not to the point of feeling suicidal, more like an overall numbness and repeatedly asking myself "What is life? Why am I here? Why are things so shitty? Why can't I enjoy it?"
What has helped me is to take a little time every week and put myself in the way of beauty. Usually this involves watching the sunset or sunrise. As simple as it is, it really is amazing. A week ago I started feeling this numbness again that I always feel when I'm forced back into the school routine, and I was walking back home when I decided "fuck it, I'm going to go through the park today, even if it's slightly longer than the usual way." As I was walking through the park, watching people chatting and sitiing on benches, the sunset was amazing, and I was truly in awe. At that moment I had this overwhelming sense of freedom and happiness, and I felt so grateful to be alive. I told myself that I would be more than happy to go through a year of hell just to experience this sunset.

Even if you have doubts, I suggest you try it, just once, and see how it makes you feel. It can't take away all suicidal thoughts, but it sure helps.

Take care,

Skye.

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: is this life (its a bit shit tbh) - October 1st 2015, 11:28 PM

Hi there.

Thanks for reaching out to us here at Teenhelp. I know doing so can be really scary and that it can be really hard to reach out so I think you should be really proud of yourself for doing so.

I am so sorry to hear you've thought about suicide. I think about suicide a lot too and know how hard it can be to do so. But I want you to know that you have a life that is worth living. You can have anything you want in life if you work for it, you know? Have you thought about writing a list of reasons to live. You don't have to do this all at once; it can be something to do over time. But making a list of reasons to live can really help us to get through the times when we do think about suicide and about attempting it. Make life worth living goals too. Things you would like to achieve in life. For example, I want to help children with special needs, I want to run the marathon, I want to write a book etc. These are things that keep me going in dark times and give me a bit of motivation. We need things to motivate us sometimes you know?

Do you know what it is that is making you feel this way? If you do and you want to talk to us about it know that we are here for you all of the way. You are never alone in this and we will always try our best to support you through the hard times and give you the best support and advice that we can do. When you're ready, we're here for you, okay? But don't feel any pressure either. If you don't yet feel comfortable in talking to us about it, that's okay too. We understand and respect that a lot. The fact that you have reached out like you have now is a great first step forward and I hope that some of this helps you a little.

Do you have any other support from family, friends, a teacher, your GP, a counselor etc? If not maybe this is something worth looking into? I know its scary and can be daunting but having someone there to support you and help you through the rough times can be really helpful too. You don't have to suffer alone in this and I would hate to think that you are. Reach out for help. Talk to people. Write it down and pass it to someone. Anything. Just don't struggle in silence. People love and care about you and want to help but they can only do so if you let them in. I know its hard but you can do this.

So keep on fighting and smiling and beating the tough days because you ARE worth the fight and you can do this. We're all behind you in this.

Hopes and wishes,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: is this life (its a bit shit tbh) - October 4th 2015, 08:46 AM

I feel like when it comes down to it, how good or how bad things will be for us depends on how we look at things. If we think positive, and strive to overcome every bad experience, and learn from everything we go through, we'll come out all the stronger. And i think thats a very important skill to have. No point overthinking things and no point thinking negatively... whatever happened in the past stays in the past. You do deserve to feel better than this, so if there's anything which started this, or if you've started to beat yourself up, stop doing so.

We can be our own best friends. I suggest you start remembering what makes you special, and what you can do to help people out. You're someone with a lot of happiness coming your way, and i promise you that no matter what you face, you'll be able to beat.

I'll always be here if you need someone to rant to .

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread