TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
naynay1500 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Antoinette Jordan

Exclamation i hate life - October 2nd 2015, 02:00 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

why do i hate my life i really wish i could just jump off a bridge and die cause nobody cares about me everyone treats me like crap and bullies me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CrusadingAvenger Offline
An Inspiration For The Broken
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Re: i hate life - October 2nd 2015, 08:53 AM

Hello there Antoinette,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such difficulties with your life right now. It sounds like you are having some suicidal thoughts. If it's really serious that you plan on executing this plan of suicide, then I recommend that you speak to a professional immediately about this. Please be assured that you are not alone. There are people out there who are willing to help you. All you want to do is be willing to help yourself and seek out the help you need. I'm also sorry to hear that everyone is putting you down, but if you ever want to talk about it more in detail and want some guidance, feel free to send me a PM. Remember that everything you are going through right now isn't going to be like this forever. There's always a solution to any complex situation. It's only a matter of time and patience of when you find your solution to solve the obstacles you are facing.

I hope what you're going through doesn't impede you from enjoying your days. Take care of yourself, and don't hesitate to message me should you need guidance and support.

All the best from your inspiring avenger,
Cap

“The main thing is realizing that even if you feel terrible for a while, that’s not how you’re going to feel the whole time. . . . Things change if you just keep moving.” - Gary Vaynerchuk

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: i hate life - October 2nd 2015, 09:03 PM

Hi there.

I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling this way. I know it can be really hard but you have honestly done really well reaching out to us for help and I hope we can help you in one way or another.

I want to start by saying I am sure, that people do care. Your friends and your family? I'm sure they love and care about you and want whats best for you. And we care too. I care about you. If I didn't then I wouldn't be replying to this. But your post touched me in a hard spot and I hate to know you are going through this. You're not alone and we're in this together now, okay?

I'm sorry you are having suicidal thoughts. That must be really hard to go through. You ask why things are so bad. Only you know the answer to that. Sometimes we can feel this way for no reason but sometimes we can go through something hard in life that can be traumatic and it can cause us to feel this way. If you have been through something and you want to talk about it, know that we're here for you okay? If you want to talk about it, then we're here to listen to you, support you and give you the best advice we can. We definitely won't judge you for anything. We just want to help you through this because you don't deserve to suffer in silence and because we care.

If the suicidal thoughts get too much for you to cope with, please reach out to someone, whether its us, friends, family or a professional such as a GP or a helpline who can really help you. I know it can be scary to reach out for help but you have a life worth living and you deserve to be alive for it. Have you ever thought of creating a list of reasons to live? I don't expect you to do this all at once. You can come up with reasons over a period of time. And then maybe you could create a nice poster with it all on that you can stick on your wall so its there to remind you every day of why you're fighting this. Because believe it or not, you're still here for a reason. You have reached out for a reason. You know?

Just remember you aren't alone in this. If you ever want to message me then feel free to do so and I will always try and help the best I can do. You're worth this fight so keep at it and don't give up on yourself. The things that are worth having are the things we have to fight for.

Hope and wishes,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: i hate life - October 3rd 2015, 08:32 PM

Hey there.

I'm really sorry about how you feel and the fact that you're being bullied. Are people at school bullying you or is it others? If it's at school, I encourage you to bring this to the school principal's attention. You shouldn't have to simply deal with people picking on you. It's not okay and I'd hope people at the school would help make school a better experience for you.

Especially when you're being bullied and are feeling depressed, I can definitely see how you would then feel as no one cares. The thing is, I believe people do care for you, Antoniette. When you're in the darkness, it can be so easy to underestimate how much people care but I am more than willing to bet that people in your life care a whole lot more for you than you know. Which is why I really want to encourage you to reach out to someone. You already took a step here by reaching out which was great so I hope you can reach out to someone in real life as well whether it be your parents, a family member or even a trusted teacher. Anyone you know and trust. Having a support system could do you a lot of good, you know? You shouldn't have to face all of this alone. Here is a thread that explains who all you can go to for help.

At school, is there anyone your age that seems quiet but friendly? Talking to new people and making new friends is a good idea because surely you'll meet a friend(s) who treats you nice and respectfully. You could potentially make friends by joining a club or sports at school along with it being a fun school activity as well! Having friends who treat you well, taking a new class you might be interested in and other school activities might be a way to make school a happier experience for you.

I can't imagine how you must be feeling to feel and think the way you do right now. That's all the more reason why I want to remind you that while things must be tough in your life and that makes you hate life; you won't always hate life. You've got your entire future ahead of you and sure, life isn't easy but it's worth it. So many good things can happen and change over the span of just 5-10 years. Focus on what is good and bring more things into your life that make you feel happy. This can be anything from immersing yourself in a new hobby to making a new friend. Make goals and plans for the future and hold on so you can reach them.

Always remind yourself that somewhere someone does care. We care and I'm sure your family cares a great deal for you. Just remember that the way others treat you doesn't define who you are as a person. I'm sure you're a kind, caring person with a lot of good qualities. Focus on your skills and all the good things about yourself and your personality as a reminder that you're better than the way that you're currently being treated.

Stay strong and keep holding on. You can do this.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: i hate life - October 4th 2015, 08:54 AM

The people who treat you like crap don't really matter. The only reason they do that is because they see something in you that surpasses what they have, and the fact that you've something, some advantage that they don't. That's why people bully people in general. To make themselves feel superior.

But the fact is you're just as good as them, if not better. Ignore them. And remember to meet up with and appreciate those who appreciate you cause those are the people you should really care about. No hate, no drama. Just a dose of pure, warm-hearted friendship . And i'm pretty sure that's what you need.

Be strong.. i know you can overcome this. You'll always have us and we'll never, ever leave. that's our promise

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread