TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
READ IT Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

no real friends - October 6th 2015, 11:59 AM

hello every one its me herder123 i made a post about killing me self well life is going good but still have no friends online i have 187 but my mom says there not real friends i know there are not real friends and she says i need to go outside more and make friends but im just scared to get bullyed and people don't like me because i look and talk any help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: no real friends - October 6th 2015, 09:28 PM

Hey there!

I'm sorry you're afraid to get bullied because I assume that means you've been bullied in the past. I can imagine due to your past experiences, it's scary to try and make friends when you're worried about the same thing happening. To have a plan in place, if you do experience bullying again can you go to someone for help? Such as a teacher, the school principal and/or a parent.

Just want to remind you that not everyone will bully you. I am sure you have a lot of qualities that make you a good and loyal friend. Your truest friends will see that. I suggest approaching others your age that seem quiet but friendly. Less likely to be focused on popularity and such and simply wanting a genuine friend. How about approaching someone at lunch and asking if you can sit with them? Let the conversation flow from there. Perhaps you could get to know those in your class better and join clubs at school to meet others with common interests? If there's others your age in your neighborhood you could also say hi to them as well.

Just be yourself, be friendly and surely you will find some nice people that will become good, true friends that don't mistreat you. Don't stay friends with people who aren't nice to you and don't respect you. You deserve better and plus, true friends are worth waiting for!

I wish you the best of luck. Take care and stay strong.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
AMA on teenhelp Offline
im just a dead man walking
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: no real friends - October 7th 2015, 07:08 AM

this is READ IT btw got my old account back but thanks for your post im gona try what you said

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: no real friends - October 8th 2015, 12:48 PM

Hello

I think you don't need to be that afraid of the world.. rather, the world is a welcoming place full of opportunities and great people to be met. Give it a chance.. there's so much positivity around, so many new experiences, and a lot of smiles to be had. I don't know what happened in the past to make you afraid of going around and meeting new people, but i reassure you, it's much better than you think it is.

If you need any advice or someone to rant to, we'll always be around. Always. and i really do mean always.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Re: no real friends - October 11th 2015, 10:41 PM

Hi there I'm so sorry to hear about how you're feeling.

I know it's hard not having any friends in real life but those friends on the internet are just as good friends as what real life ones can be but I wouldn't suggest giving out personal information to them unless your 110% sure that they are who they say they are which is the main issue with the internet these days. Have you thought about speaking to someone about this? Perhaps you could speak to a trusted family member or a counsellor. having someone to talk about your feelings is really beneficial in the long run. Do you have any clubs you would be able to join in your local area? Do you like sports you could join a sports team and you might meet some friends there or you could just try and go to your local park or club and you might meet some new friends. You're not going to make friends by sitting in your room all day doing nothing I would suggest going out there and giving it your best shot!

I know it's hard thinking you're going to get bullied again it's heartbreaking but you need to put any past experiences out of your head and try your best because I know you can do it you're an amazing person you deserve the very best out of life. Which is why I mentioned speaking to a counsellor because they will allow you to have someone to talk about your feelings I know it may seem scary at first but they are there to help you perhaps you could ask your local GP or school to get you in touch with some. I know some schools have support networks where each school has their own fully trained counsellor well in this country anyway I'm not sure where your from.

GoodLuck

Closed Thread