TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sad8 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Don't give a fuck anymore - October 14th 2015, 08:16 PM

I JUST DONT CARE I HATE LIFE IM GONNA KILL MYSELF U CANT STOP MR I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY IM POSTING THIS

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Sad8 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Don't give a fuck anymore - October 14th 2015, 08:17 PM

don't try and talk me out of itJ

(#3 (permalink)) Old
JazzyJazz Offline
Associate HelpLINK Mentor
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Don't give a fuck anymore - October 14th 2015, 09:23 PM

You're posting this because deep down a small part of you wants to stay alive.

No, we can't stop you, not if you're that intent on doing it.

But if you were, you would have just gone ahead and done it. Not taken the time to register with a website.

I think it's a really positive step that you've come to TeenHelp.

I'm not going to try and talk you out of it, but can I ask what it is that's making you want to end your life?

Be kind to yourself.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Glass Slipper Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Don't give a fuck anymore - October 14th 2015, 09:48 PM

Hey,
Welcome to the site. First I think there is a part of you that doesn't want to kill yourself because if you did you wouldn't be posting on a help site and would have just done it. I honestly don't know how old you are but I am guessing you are a teenager. You have so much time left in your life to figure out who you are and everything. I know it's stupid to say this but it is true. Life does get better and it is worth living. I honestly get suicidal but then things get better and I'm glad I didn't end my life.

I think it would be helpful if you talked to someone. I would suggest a trusted teacher, or family member, or a trusted adult about how you are feeling. That way they can help you talk to your mom and dad(or whoever you live with) so that they can get you therapy or whatever you need. You might want to suggest a phycologist if you don't have one that way they can maybe prescribe you some meds that might help with your mood. These are suggestions but I think they might really help.

I am always available to talk to. You can always PM/VM me. I am always willing to listen and help if I can.

I hope this has helped and I hope you continue to hang on.

We may shine, we may shatter,
We may be picking up the pieces here on after,
We are fragile, we are human,
We are shaped by the light we let through us,
We break fast, cause we are glass.
Cause we are glass.
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Don't give a fuck anymore - October 14th 2015, 11:21 PM

Hi there and welcome to TeenHelp.

Firstly, I agree with the users above. To me, the fact that you posted means that underneath all the hurt you must be feeling, you don't truly want to end your life. You just want help and to feel better. I'm really glad you reached out here because reaching out in the first place is a big and positive step. Secondly, I'm sorry you feel this way. I was wondering if you'd like to talk more about what's going on? What caused you to begin feeling so low to get to a point where you want to attempt suicide? You have no obligation to share that especially if you aren't comfortable doing so but I wanted to let you know you're more than welcome to talk about it if you'd like. Sometimes it helps to get things out and while we may not be able to offer advice to fix your situation, we're happy to listen and be here.

I do not know exactly what it is you're going through, but I do know that what you are feeling right now will not last forever. To feel this low, you must have already been through a lot but none of that was for nothing. I have a belief that the hardships all of us face have meaning that we'll see only later on. Knowing sadness allows us to appreciate and fully embrace happiness; sadness lets us build up tolerance and strength to get through future troubles; holding on allows us to see what beauty lies in the future. No one knows what their future will hold, it's a mystery but what I do know is that there's bound to be happier days and happier moments that make life worth living. Life changes all the time, in big and small ways which means it will change in a positive way at some point.

We have control over some of the things that change and then with some, we have no control. I think it's important not to lose sight of what we do have control over. One of those things is reaching out, taking care of yourself and choosing recovery. I can't imagine how difficult things are but I'm willing to bet you're strong enough to keep holding on through the suicidal urges. Focus on small positives. Even the smallest things that make you happy because there's always something positive in each day. Whether it be because it's a sunny day or you have a favorite hot beverage, or maybe your favorite show airs that day. It can be anything. Any positive can be a break from the sadness.

Taking care of yourself starting in small ways could make a big impact as well. Maintaining a healthy diet, exercise and sleep pattern can go a long way. Then you can go from there in finding things that make you happy such as hobbies and interests for example. Along with ways that you can express yourself via creative writing, art and music for instance. Journaling can be a therapeutic outlet as well. Many find simple things such as adult coloring books relaxing and distracting. Perhaps you could try that out? Making a list of reasons to live similar to this list but more personalized to your goals, wishes and things you'd like to experience/places you'd like to see could be a good motivator to keep holding on as well.

Have you opened up to anyone in your life such as your parents, a family member, a friend or another trusted adult like a teacher or your school counselor? Opening up can be scary but if you open up to the right people, it could be a big help to have their support and simply have someone listen and acknowledge your feelings. You shouldn't have to go through this alone. If you feel as you may go through with your suicidal thoughts, I really recommend you call for an ambulance or go to your local hospital. You can also call a hotline.

We want to talk you out of it because the truth is, you have a lot of life left to experience and all the bad things that lead you to feeling suicidal are only a fraction of life. It isn't all life is. Throughout life, I think everyone goes through incredibly painful days, weeks, months or even a year(s) but I strongly believe that there will be a point in the future where they are thankful they held on to live for such great moments and days that were ahead. I believe this will be the case for you as well. Just stay strong and hang in there, okay? This can't be easy but you can do this. Don't doubt yourself. Hold on, pain ends.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Don't give a fuck anymore - October 15th 2015, 09:19 AM

i hope that you won't hurt yourself.

I know that you're gone through a lot... probably way more than me. But because of that, you also deserve to be happy, you deserve to smile wider than you've ever smiled before. And you also know that you deserve better. So give yourself a chance. Give life a chance. It is full of hurdles and tasks. But there's also the small, little things that make it better and give life the magic it deserves .

That magic will enter yours one day. So give it time... and be patient. . You'll make it through. I know it's cheesy, but it's the truth. And not experiencing any of the good things this world has to offer.... it's kinda not really nice to you.

I promise you that you'll be happier than you can ever envision yourself to be right now. and that happiness will stay.

that's a promise. and i'm here to help you keep it. Pm me and rant to me anytime you've loved, cared for and we'll be here to listen and help.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Sad8 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Don't give a fuck anymore - October 17th 2015, 01:19 PM

Thank you everyone, I still feel very suicidal but I'm not going to do anything-I think ! I am 15 soon, so am still a teenager. I don't know who to tell though

(#8 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Don't give a fuck anymore - October 17th 2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad8 View Post
Thank you everyone, I still feel very suicidal but I'm not going to do anything-I think ! I am 15 soon, so am still a teenager. I don't know who to tell though

I'm really glad you responded and let us know you're okay. I'm also glad you don't think you will act on the suicidal thoughts.

Here is a helpful thread that explains who all you can reach out to help to. Can you talk to your parents, a family member, trusted teacher or the school counselor?

You're having a difficult time right now but I hope you are able to reach out and get support through this. You've already showed strength by not acting on the suicidal thoughts and you should be proud of yourself for that. I know things are tough right now, but it won't always be like this. There'll be better days.

Stay strong and keep holding on, you can get through this.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Don't give a fuck anymore - October 18th 2015, 11:29 AM

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at Teenhelp. I know that can be scary so I honestly think you have done really well in doing so. Be proud of yourself!

I'm not going to say there's not a part of you that wants to die. Maybe there is. But I think a part of you isn't sure about that too. I think somewhere deep down you also think you might want to live and want help which is why you have come here. Going through what you're going through can be really hard and even confusing because of all the emotions you are feeling and all the thoughts you are having and I can relate to that but like I said, you have done so well in reaching out to us here and I am so glad that you haven't done anything and that you have stayed safe because thats what I want; for you to be safe.

Has something happened to make you feel this way? Either recently or in the past? I know if there is something it can be hard to talk about but maybe if there is, talking about it might actually help because we can support you through it emotionally and give you advice and help on the situation too. Also you never know, someone here might have been through something similar and while they'll never be able to fully understand, they may well just be ale to relate and help you even more. However, I'm not going to force you into talking about if there is something that has triggered this. Just know that if there is something, then we're here to listen and support you through it and we won't judge you, okay?

Have you ever thought about writing a list of reasons to live. For example:

My reasons to live
  • For my family
  • To live my dream career
  • To have children
  • To travel the world
  • To help people
  • To have duvet days
  • My pets
  • To write a book
  • Support charities

They're just some of the reasons I want to live. And I admit when things are dark like right now, its hard to see them, but you an create a list of your own reasons, and create a poster or something similar, decorate and stick it up on your wall and when you feel really low or suicidal, you can go to it and remind yourself why you actually want to continue fighting. I did this when I was in hospital and it actually helped me half the time and stopped me from doing anything. So its something I''d like to encourage you to do. And it can be small things and big things so don't let anything put you off!

I think Nala said things like this, but having a healthy lifestyle can really help too. So having a healthy balanced diet. That doesn't mean you can't eat junk food! I honestly believe nothing is bad for you as like as you eat it in proportion. Avoiding alcohol when you're feeling low especially. Having a healthy sleep routine can really help us too. So going to bed at a certain time each night, maybe reading for half an hour (avoiding artificial lights from laptops and phones and so on) and trying to sleep at a certain time but if you can't sleep and its been 20ish minutes, get up and do something calming like colouring. The new adult art colouring books are really good. I use them alot! Or having a nice milky drink but avoiding caffeine! And then getting up the same time in the mornings too. Just getting healthy routines in to place.

Do you have anyone to talk too at home? Whether its a family member, a friend, a teacher, a tutor, a counselor, a school nurse, a GP or so on? We're always here for you so don't get me wrong, but sometimes it can be helpful to have someone to talk to in real life. Having that emotional contact and trust can be really good and helpful and I think you would benefit from having that. Again, scary to reach out to someone but if it might help then its going to be well worth it and I think it may just help you. Do you feel you could reach out to someone like one of these people I have mentioned above? If you feel you can't talk to them at first, you could always try writing them a letter and giving it to them. I know I used to find that easier than talking so I did it all the time.

I know all of this is so hard for you but I am so proud of you for getting through it so far and I honestly believe you can keep doing so so don't give up and keep on fighting, you little warrior. I know its a hard one but you've got this and use the people around you okay? We all care and want to help you as much as we can so don't ever feel like you are bothering us because you aren't.

Stay safe,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Don't give a fuck anymore - October 18th 2015, 01:22 PM

the fact that you're just 15 means that your best years are waiting for you make full use of them and gain loads of happy memories forget about how the past was, concentrate on the future and smile and be happy. There's so much to rejoice about, there's so much to get into. Believe in yourself!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
David Armes Offline
Average Joe

Name: David Armes

Re: Don't give a fuck anymore - October 20th 2015, 12:03 PM

Dying is not a way. See a Councillor and get them to help you.

What happened to make you want to die as that is a way in which I can help you get over your pain having been in a similar position myself?

Take care of yourself..

David

David Armes

always happy to help

keep positive

Closed Thread