TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I'm a fucking spaz
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: 3mily

Question ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH! - April 9th 2016, 05:31 PM

Well, thanks to the wonderful people and advice provided by this site, I finally went to see a councilor!!

But, because my parents have made several harsh and out of line threats that they would send me to "the fucking treatment center" it was very difficult for me to be honest about when I last cut. It was also very stressful having the school take my mother back to ask her if the councilor was something she agreed with. finally I was allowed to go.

Unfortunately, seeing the councilor wasn't a good idea. the councilor told my mom when I last cut, and she freaked. luckily im not in a treatment center.

I did however have EVERYTHING moved from my room to the garage. I have to ask for clean clothes. whats worse is my dad is convinced that cutting is suicidal. Sure, I was almost there, but its not the same.

What I want is help and love and support. not some Bull shit. I've had enough. My life is not great. Its not wonderful that my mom hits me whenever she feels like it so I go cut. Its not wonderful that they find out im cutting and remove everything.

im in kind of a bad spot right now and I could use some advice. please, I don't even know what to do anymore. im one step away from just running away from this place or fucking jumping out of my window.

"Those who aim to avoid their fate, often meet it on the road to escape."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH! - April 9th 2016, 07:47 PM

Hello

Thanks for coming to us again. I hope we can help or offer some reassurance.

I can understand it must be hard to have your parents react in this way and to have your room stripped. When I was in hospital I had my room stripped a few times to the point where I had nothing, not even bed sheets so I can get how hard that must be for you and how frustrating it must be to have this action taken upon you.

You say your dad believes that you self harming is you having suicidal thoughts. Have you considered sitting down and talking to him about what is going on for you and how self harm helps and how you feel it is very different from suicide? Its just a thought but it might be helpful. Or you could even get them to meet with your counselor now and have her explain what you are going through and why you're acting in this way if you feel that it might help. Another way to say all this is by writing it down if you don't feel you can verbally do it.

I know this time is stressful for you but try and stay safe. If you feel urges to self harm, try and talk to someone whether its me, someone else on here, a helpline, a friend, your counselor etc. And if you feel like you might really hurt yourself and you feel suicidal, you can call the emergency services or go up to your nearest A&E/ER. I know thats a scary thought but honestly, it's not so bad. Its a big deal but you can get through it. And if you ever want to talk, I am always here so don't be alone, okay?

I hope things start to look up for you. Don't be afraid to reach out for help.

Hope and wishes,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH! - April 10th 2016, 10:36 AM

I think its better if you try to talk to your parents in a diplomatic way. What I do know about them is that they are stubborn and sort of unwelcoming. It's better to rant to other people and friends because they're more likely to understand your feelings. If they reacted that way, then something tells me that they're having problems in regards to understanding your feelings.

I do think that you deserve better, and you could perhaps reach out to online sources for help (such as us ) and other people. There's also plenty of help sites such as this one that have great people who offer great advice. Don't let your parents reaction to this put you off recovery : Knowing that your kid is hurting themselves is often a bit too much of a burden / guilt for some parents to bear, and those with bad tempers will usually react angrily in a way. I do know however that your mom is abusive , and trying to talk to her when she's in one of those bad moods will be like punching a brick wall-everything you try ends up rebounding on you in some way or another.

Try to arrange a meeting with another counselor, and this time.. let your counselor know how your parents are. You should also try to reason with your parents... have them know that you need some fun and relaxation, and that what you're going through is a direct consequence of all the stress/mental pressure/anguish that you're facing. I know that your sorta abusive mom is also part of the problem, but I'm pretty sure that telling her that will just make things worse ( Some parents just think that they're right all the time ) so it's best to talk about any parent-related problems to an online source of help where it'll be less likely to trigger her angry response.

I do hope that everything gets better, and that your parents become more supportive. Some parents just lose their mind when shit happens .. and it's kinda a bad thing that happens. The world is sort of moving at a faster pace, and sometimes this can lead to people making bad decisions that they'll regret later. Something tells me that scolding/taking away your privileges is one of those misinformed decisions. Just try to talk to them diplomatically over it later when they aren't in one of those moods.

I also think that once you overcome this mental anguish and get more support, the SH issue will slowly but surely go away. Most of all, never for one moment think that you're too weak to overcome this, because you aren't. We're here for you too so talk to us anytime, any day!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
world_changer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH! - April 14th 2016, 12:52 PM

Hey,

I know this is hard for you.
You're counselor should be a safe place for you to talk but it feels like it might not be. Have you considered switching counselors? I know the privacy laws change from state to state. But a counselor should not be able to tell anyone unless you are an immediate danger to yourself (i.e. suicidal).

I'm also sorry that your parents took everything from your room. That's dreadful and not healthy at all. This is something I feel like you could bring up with your therapist and let them know, maybe they can talk a little sense into your parents so that you can get your stuff back.

Also, it's not okay for your mom to hit you. Have you ever told anybody about that? If not, I urge you to tell someone. That behavior needs to stop.

If you need anything, I am here for you.

Closed Thread