TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lyss_ Offline
Lyssa
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alyssa

Done - April 10th 2016, 10:34 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

It's been a while! All cuz of the guy most of this post will be about. Not sure if this should be in the Relationships section but here it goes:

First a little background. So three months ago I had this 'friend' I met while I was with my ex last June. We never talked outside of school, just a guy I knew. Things got closer three months ago. I was in a bad state of mind at that time too, but he seemed honest. I didn't know much about him when he first tried to get closer so I thought hey why not, we could become close. So as I learn more and more I get more attracted to him. He has legit goals and the means to reach them, and he was really sweet. He made it clear he as crushing on me. I've been dealing with depression and sometimes get suicidal, and for some reason he made me feel like everything would be just fine. So we made it official.It was soo great up until today. I tend to be a bit oversensitive, and he got mad at me kinda quick. Both for the same reason too, we just hold each other to high standards because we know what we're capable of and we never got in huge arguments we couldnt get over. Anyway. Great relationship. We talked about the future a lot, going to college near each other, travelling etc. Even if we weren't together. Just being there for each other.

Now to today! So I went to his house and had no idea he was sneaking me in. His dad came home and he got in trouble. As we're walking to the bus stop, I was poking fun. Saying things like 'Damn, you suck sometimes why would you sneak me in' and 'Ugh im gonna get you I swear'. We get on the bus like normal. As soon as I get off he completely changes. He was getting really ma even though I stopped teasing. He told me he didn't wanna talk to me and that he needed to think things over. I had a feeling it would end in a breakup. Two hours later it's "Yeah I'm done". And he said he can't talk to me anymore like ever. So of course I was hurt. Then he said after today thats it. So we were on the phone and I was asking him why. "I think its best for us". So he leaves me sitting here heartbroken asf, alone. He was all I had.

I'm putting this thread here because of my extensive fight with depression and suicidal thoughts. The past three months he was always there to listen and give me guidance. I did the same for him. And tonight has just been really horrible. When I have a breakdown everything comes back, not the initial cause. Literally everything has crossed my mind. Overdosing, running away, stealing my moms car, quitting school. Between losing him, my dad's lifestyle, and the stress I get from school I just can't anymore. I've literally had no motivation to do school related work at home the past 3 weeks, my grades are suffering. I told my mom about how stressed I am and she told me I need a break and to try to work with my teachers. I'm at my breaking point and I have no idea what to do anymore.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Done - April 10th 2016, 10:43 AM

Long time no see!

I'm sorry this happened... perhaps its better for you if you try to talk to him a little .. I'm sure that he might miss you too. Something tells me that it's his dad who wants him to break up with you ( he himself might still really like you ) . Only problem is that some parents are just kinda strict and they don't want people to date so early ( that's partially because of a conservative mindset) . I think that what you should do now is meet more people out there, and not think that it's the end. We go through losses, but it's how we overcome it , meet new people and eventually meet those people who will be around for us forever.

Don't think about how you've messed up or how badly things have went . Things can and will improve, and it's better for you to slowly but surely make peace with yourself and accept that this happened. I know that this is going to be tough and that the rebound period is going to be extremely long ( I know that you're an emotional person, and that losses really hit hard ) but you can get through this.

For all you know, this negative experience could lead to you doing something that gets you some new friends, and perhaps that new guy who won't cause you any drama, and perhaps results in an even happier relationship. Don't think about the painful moments of the past... just take it one thing at a time, and do what you have to do. I do agree with your mom in regards to taking a break. Sometimes we just need a moment of calmness and happiness and this might actually help you lotsly.

Most of all, sometimes guys just make bad decisions and his decision to breakup with ya just means that he was kind of angry at that point in time, and he didn't mean to be so rough or so mean about it.

It's tough, but you can get through this. All of us are here with you!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread