TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic_Storm Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Hello Darkness, My Old Friend. - April 11th 2016, 06:02 PM

I think my depression is coming back.
I haven't been depressed in over two years, that's also when I stopped self-harming.
For the past few weeks, I've noticed I'm not as happy as I used to be.
I'll get occasional urges to self-harm, nothing I can't handle.
But mostly I just notice my mood is low.
Like I literally cried on my way to work this morning.
It all started with a lot of different reasons.
I started a new job and it just doesn't fit me. I dread having to come here. I seem to mull over the fact that I can't get away from it.
My doctor closed his practice and I can't find a new one, and I can't get my anxiety medications and I don't know what to do. If I run out before finding a doctor I'll be in worse shape than I am now.
I also have to go to the dentist and get dental work done, and I'm not looking forward too it. Like I don't want to be drugged up, it terrifies me.

I don't know.
This just seems like a dark time in my life.
I know that I have a good life.
I have a strong relationship, good friends, a good job, etc.
But I'm just not happy.
I also find it hard to open it up.
:/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Hello Darkness, My Old Friend. - April 12th 2016, 12:10 PM

Hello there!

I think that for you, it's better if you stop your current job and get another. Sometimes, we just aren't destined for certain things ( some things are just not suited for us ) and it's better for you to try something else. Perhaps you could try getting a more cheerful job, where you help people out, play with kids or mix around with some people who love things that are fun. Maybe its better if you also take a trip to the hospital and tell a general practitioner or someone who's knowledgeable about your current situation, and it'll be possible for you to be referred to a doctor who can help you out. It
s better to not delay this action because the sooner you get your medications, the better you feel. ( Though eventually you'll have to be able to make yourself happier without medications.. but I think that's possible too. )

Most of all, I do think that you just have so many thoughts on your mind, and you don't really want to tell the people you know because you don't want them to worry about you. But this is how things are : You've probably helped plenty of friends out and listened to their problems plenty of times : Let them do the same thing for you It's better this way because friendships and relationships are a two-way street. If things flow both sides, both parties are happier You deserve to have your needs and feelings taken care of, too. There's absolutely no reason to hesitate when it comes to this : If your friends and relationships are really strong and warm, then they'll only help you and reassure you that things are really getting better.

No one's worries should be kept to themselves. Once you learn to open up and talk about your worries, slowly but surely you'll find that there's less on your shoulders, and more people will be there for you .. and willing to help you.

Those people include me You can talk to me any time too.. I wanna hear that things are getting better. If you need a friend or just someone to rant to or get advice from, I'll be around.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread