TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Silly_Schutze Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I really can't do this anymore. - April 19th 2016, 02:01 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I could tell you literally anything about Literature and History even Biology but when it comes to my dreaded subject of mathematics whatever level it is. (Algebra 1 or Geometry) I haven t a damn clue for anything. I try alot in school especially in math . I ve spent hours upon hours at home studying for tests that I d end up getting a D on. I want to become a lawyer when I get older its been my dream but first I want to join the Military as a Paralegal (MOS 27-D)right after high school , later after a 4 year contract go to a university.
My dad has tried to help me alot. He's 60 years old and an economist so this should be his thing but he hasn't gone over Geometry in over 40 years so he tries his best and I love him for it but it just doesn't help. I have a tutor coming to help me the day after tomorrow and I have a test the following week. I've decided if I don't pass I have a bottle of pills downstairs and some water...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: I really can't do this anymore. - April 19th 2016, 04:20 PM

Hello.

I do think that sometimes, everyone has problems with subjects and that you need to study a little harder than what you think is reasonable, but the fact is that we can all make it in some way. We got nothing to lose if we try, but dying is the one mistake we don't wanna make. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and there's nothing that suggests that we ever have to do that. Even if you're not so good at maths, there's no point worrying too much about other things because there's going to be so many things that you're going to be able to do. No point thinking too much about what could go wrong.. but you should give yourself a second chance every time you face a challenge you might have some trouble overcoming.

The right mindset to adopt here is " Accept success, but learn from failures and accept them even more " . I like to think that way, because when it comes to this sort of thing... you don't learn if you can't make mistakes. So make all the mistakes you want, as long as you come out of it a stronger, better person.

I know that whatever happens, you'll be able to realize a dream of some sort. Stay alive, and even if some stuff doesn't work out well, I know that fate has a kind future in store for you, and you're destined for a lot of happiness. Lots of things could go well for you... provided you never give up, and stay determined.

You can overcome everything you want to overcome.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lotus Eater Offline
You are not alone.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I really can't do this anymore. - April 19th 2016, 06:42 PM

Hey,

It'll be a good idea to make a note of the topics/types of questions you're struggling during your revision before you meet with the tutor. This way they'll be able to dedicate more time to those areas during your lesson. I used to do that with my math tutor and it helped a lot since we had a limited amount of time per lesson. If possible, you can also schedule to meet with them again before your test so that you can go over anything you've missed or that you're still struggling with.

That said, I know it may feel like the end of the world when doing well on your tests is so important to you, but it is okay to not do as well as you'd like to. Not all tests are of the same difficulty level, and it's okay to find a particular subject difficult. We all have our strengths and weaknesses (like you said, you're good at literature, history and biology). Just revise as much as you reasonably can over the next week and do your best.

I know that some teachers will let students resit a test or make up extra credit for it (depending on the test/teacher/subject) so if you don't do as well as you'd hoped, you can always approach your teacher and discuss your options.

Either way, you're smart and driven. You know what you want to achieve so there's no reason why you can't and shouldn't achieve it. As difficult as it may be, please try not to let this test distract you from that.

You have me.
Until every last star in the galaxy dies.
You have me.

- Amie Kaufman

NEED TO VENT? CLICK HERE.
Never forget, you are not alone. ♥

Closed Thread