TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jamdoughnut Offline
my other ride's a rainicorn
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jam

How do I tell them - May 4th 2016, 07:22 PM

How am I supposed to tell them? I'm obviously not ok, I can't handle basic living at the moment and this has become unbearable. Only thing I feel is pain, and sickness, like I'm sick in the head. Just go to the screaming thread, it explains it a little better.
But I need to let them know. My family knows it's there, but they don't know the extent of it, and don't understand the half of it. I need to tell them so that I can get the help that I need, but I don't know how and I'm terrible with communication. How do you tell your own mom that you want to die? Anytime I try to explain anything like this to anybody I get scared and I can't think and I eventually just breakdown, and so I never fully get to explain it or I don't get all of what I need to say out there.
Please help. Not sure how much more of this I can take.

I know you are looking for a sea that lies beyond your reach
But im hoping my heart can stop you before you reach the beach
I know you have places to go
I know that you want the sea
But im hoping my heart will grow and that you'll
come back to me.....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: How do I tell them - May 5th 2016, 02:02 PM

Hello again Jamari.

Perhaps if you're uncomfortable with telling them just how much you are going through, it's probably better to tell them a little bit at first and then slowly increase the amount of information you want to tell. I know how it affects parents and how they take it badly when they know that their kids are suffering. But you do need support, and your parents seem kind , understanding and nice. I do know that it'll be a blow to them, but it'll be a bigger blow when it escalates.

From my point of view, it's better for them to get to know the full extent eventually, but you could soften the blow at first. They need to know, but just remember that the most important part of this situation is how you stay safe through this, and just how strong you'll be able to be through this.

Just so you know, if you wanna practice ranting out on here first, you should.. it'll help you get comfortable with telling them later .. anything that can help you is a good thing.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread