TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BreathingIn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Unmotivated for a dull life - May 10th 2016, 02:28 AM

Where to begin? I've been done with college for a year, I still live at home, and work a crappy customer service minimum wage job. I hate the town I live in and feel like I would do anything to get out.

No matter how hard I try to get a decent job to make a living for myself, I fail. The more I fail, the more unmotivated I become. I don't feel like applying for any more jobs because nothing is coming out of all the time and energy I spend on it. I don't even want to bother any more.

I'm unmotivated to live a dull life like every one else. Like all the real life zombies. The ones who work 8-5, and then some. They were skirts and blouses and kitten heels every single day, make sure they look prim and proper, have their nice luxury car, buy expensive coffee every morning... I don't f-ing want to live like that. And I guess I'm not meant to since I can't get a "real" job.

I literally don't know what else to do with my life. All I'm doing is earning pennies at this stupid job and being miserable at home with a mentally ill mother who is up my butt 24/7.

I don't bother with friends because they're too much work... I get annoyed when I get one text. My first thought is "Leave me alone...".

Idk why I'm miserable and Idk what could bring me out of my misery. I feel like I'm going to be like this forever.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ninasju Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Nina

Re: Unmotivated for a dull life - May 10th 2016, 07:05 PM

I can't help but relate to this post, I don't live at home anymore but when I did I felt constantly trapped and I don't even visit my hometown anymore
Sometimes it's impossible to find motivation... Or energy... Or even the waste of effort to talk to someone
I'd advice you to save up money for a trip, get some perspective and go to a new place for a little while (it can really help to feel that there's a place for you in this world)
I'd also recommend considering turning your daydreams into reality... Do something you dream of, OR freak out and sing as tone deaf and loudly as you can, try to do something for you, and be kind to yourself
I know when you have a family you can't always put yourself first, but once in a while you really (really) deserve to
I hope I could help a little, and btdubs you'll never be an everydayzombie, I know cuz I've been scared of becoming one my whole life, just always be yourself

"Honey don't stop trying & you'll get what you deserve"
- Axl Rose

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Unmotivated for a dull life - May 11th 2016, 03:24 PM

I think that perhaps you should something else you would love to do. You could become a writer, a charity helper or someone who makes people's lives happy. There's jobs like that.. and you could even become a sportswoman. I completely get where you're coming from because you're someone who wants something out of the ordinary to give you the spirit to continue on.. and sometimes it's best to follow what you desire.

Perhaps its better if you try out multiple things to find out what you really really want. Slowly but surely find what you want, pursue it and you'll eventually know that you'll be able to get happiness, and also provide it for other people. Perhaps the thing you're looking for is something where your very actions generate joy, such as a singer, musician or simply a leader of some sort. Try something extraordinary, and you will find your calling. Stay strong because things do get better.

I promise you that things will work out, and if you stay strong things will be okay.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Unmotivated for a dull life - May 12th 2016, 06:42 PM

Hey

What jobs are you applying for? Ones that interest you or just anything? Maybe you need to find something you feel passionate about and look for a job related to that. I always say someone who has a job does it for an income but someone who has a career does it because they love it and feel passionate about it. For exmaple I am a support worker because I am so passionate about helping people and I am going to do a college course in September to do counseling because thats really what I want to do with my life; counsel children and teenagers and thats what I want to do. But I want hobbies in my life too like going to the gym, volunteer work with children, charity work to raise awareness about mental health and so on.

You're only going to live a dull life if you make it a dull life but in order to have a bright future, you have to know what you want from it to start putting things into place. Does that make sense?

I know it can be frustrating and I can relate to that but I believe you'll get there and if you ever need to talk to us then we're here for you any time. Stay strong and keep fighting. You are worth it.

Hopes and wishes
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#5 (permalink)) Old
world_changer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Unmotivated for a dull life - May 14th 2016, 12:55 AM

Hey,

I know that you are in a hard spot, post college is extremely hard. A lot of people are in your situation, living out home, working a minium wage job (that wasn't in their degree), and going through many dead ends. It's tough, and I understand that you don't want your life to forever be like that. I would keep pushing forward with jobs apps, even apply out of your area. The larger range you apply to the more likely you are to find a job in your field.

My guess is that you don't want to bother with friends is because of your depression of your circumstances. But I think talking and getting out with them could help. Then you wouldn't be stuck at home (which seems to be a place and source of unhappiness for you). When we're depressed it's easy to want to isolate, but we need to be out there with people in order to start feeling better.

Maybe talk with a counselor and work through this circumstance in your life. <3
Everything will be okay, and if you keep working hard you will eventually wind up doing something you love. It just takes time. I know, I've been there.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me. =)

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jade24 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Unmotivated for a dull life - May 17th 2016, 12:05 PM

I think you need a counselor.

Closed Thread