TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Elle_94 Offline
Not a n00b

Unhappy I feel so sad now. Someone please help? - May 17th 2016, 12:27 PM

Hey everyone.

I really need some support to right now but I don't know what to do or where to turn.
I've always been self concious about my looks, like really, really self concious. I hate how I look, especially my body. Everyone around me has always told me there's nothing wrong with me and that I'm nice looking and not overweight. But I just always felt that people were just being kind. I decide to post to a community on a website called reddit where people post their image and others will make brutally honest comments about their appearance. I hoped I'd get some nice/okay feedback but I didn't. More or less everyone told me I was "chubby," "not pretty," "kinda fat" "need to hit the gym" and "have a single mothers body." That last one really cut deep. I'm 18 and I've never had kids but I already look that awful! I'm so sad and I just can't stop crying. It's just destroyed my self esteem. I feel like I never want to show my face to the world again. If you'd like to see the post it's here. I've tried to make out that I'm taking the critical comments well as I know I kind of asked for it but I just didn't expect people would be so nasty. Especially the replies I've had through direct messages. Some of them were quite abusive. If you'd like to see the post for context I've added the link below.

Thanks in advance.

https://m.reddit.com/r/amiugly/comme...self_concious/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Samuel Offline
Sam
Not a n00b

Name: Sam

Re: I feel so sad now. Someone please help? - May 17th 2016, 12:34 PM

People can be really crude and mean sometimes, that really sucks. Nobody should treat someone like that, everyone has different looks and characteristics about them. It's just who we are, and we shouldn't be judged for them.

I didn't understand what you said about the post and the link below you mentioned. Something I don't understand?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: I feel so sad now. Someone please help? - May 17th 2016, 12:47 PM

Firstly,
ignore them. Reddit is full of assholes who are out to be mean for no reason. Just ignore them.
Next, you are pretty. I read the post, and saw the pics, you are very pretty. Just ignore the reddit people, they are mean for no reason.
Working out helps me feel good about myself, so if it works for you thats great. And end of the day just remember, the people who matter to you, think you're beautiful and a great person. And frankly, thats more important (in my opinion). The people on the web are just posers pretending to be tough, simply to feel good about themselves.
PM me if you wanna chat.
Hope this helps you.
Keep your head up. You are awesome!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Bewiggedroom43 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kieran

Re: I feel so sad now. Someone please help? - May 18th 2016, 07:34 PM

I don't get why you were on reddit.
Very few good things have come from reddit so it's to be expected.
Ignore them and have a waffle.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Destroyprophecy Offline
Average Joe

Re: I feel so sad now. Someone please help? - May 19th 2016, 01:04 AM

don't listen to them everyone is beautiful in their own ways. I understand what you are going through i grew up fat when i was young and it took me a long time to lose weight. i am still always worried about my image it is always nice to find someone who make you love yourself and make you feel good about myself. even though people tell me im not fat anymore i still feel it sometimes so to make myself feel better i eat a lot better and do daily stretches and walks etc. I really understand where your coming from there are times when i have cried because i hate the way i look. For me what makes me feel better is to put on nice clothes and makeup and such that makes me feel better about myself. Message me if you need more help

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Crimson Apples Offline
Crimson Apples
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alice

Re: I feel so sad now. Someone please help? - May 19th 2016, 04:17 AM

Your opinion about your body is important and matters more than anyone else's. I'm really sorry you were hurt by those comments and jabs, but I get what you posted what you did. If I'm ever feeling a lot of doubt about how pretty I am there's always this little part of me that wants an honest answer to whether I am or not, and even when I convince myself I'm not, there's still a tiny bit of hope that I can't turn into confidence without someone else there for me. There's nothing wrong with any body type- you still are who you are and should be loved all the same. If you're ever feeling self conscience about your body or weight, just remember that you're a beautiful and gorgeous sexy beast, and anyone who thinks otherwise because of society's standards isn't worth your tears. Self confidence, a smile or both is what can really shine through.

Hope this helps, smile and good luck!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
evangelize2016 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel so sad now. Someone please help? - May 19th 2016, 04:24 AM

Although people can be quite hateful at times, that's nothing but an attack of Satan himself. He wants you to feel unhappy about the way you look and about how you feel about yourself. He wants you to think you are "ugly", "chubby", and all those other names you mentioned. But that's when you have to rebuke Him and start listening to God. God, on the other hand thinks you are a beautiful young lady who has a lot of potential and has created you in His image, even so He sent His only begotten Son to a cross for you so that you may have life and have freedom over this situation in which you are going through. So put a smile on your face, and when people start calling you names, just pray for them and walk in the other direction! I'm praying for you and God bless you!

Closed Thread