TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I'm a fucking spaz
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: 3mily

Exclamation someone please help me. - June 11th 2016, 08:09 AM

I've been thinking.

On Sunday, I got in some huge trouble for hanging out with a friend, whom my parents hate, who is also 9 years older than I am. The part I can understand us being in trouble for is that we were alone. not ALONE alone, but not in public eye, which my parents weren't pleased about. now this, I can reasonably except being in trouble for. punish me. take my phone, internet access, ground me for however long you like. hell, spank me if it makes you feel better. but that is far from the treatment my friend and I received. I was taken home, yelled at, beaten, screamed at, and sent to solitary confinement. notice I say beaten, not spanked. there is a difference. my friend however saw the brunt of it. he was given instructions by my bishop to NEVER set foot in the same church building I attend ever again. and told he should move out of state as soon as possible. he was told that he was lucky this was all he was getting, since my father was prepared to press charges. how do I know this? because my bishop came to my home later and kept feeding me information and accusations and lies and name callings until I gave in and cried hysterically. Pretty much everyone who knows me well knows that my friend and I would never get into any sort of trouble together. we were just talking, nothing more! but like I said, the being alone I can see punishment fit for. but this... Its over the top. it really is.

I've been dying on the inside since that day. as a matter of fact one of the things I was speaking to my friend about was my depression. its been getting worse, and I noticed it. my cutting has also been hard to resist and has been getting worse. I asked my friend for advice. he was in a similar situation as a teen, and he is someone I feel confidence in. sometimes hes been the only one there for me. My parents have been rejecting me and behaving harshly, BEFORE the incident. the way they are now is nearly killing me. I'm sick of them being so goddamn controlling. my mom just beats the shit out of me whenever she fucking wants, and then my dad pretends he don't give a fuck. my brother is being stubborn and annoying, and everyone else acts like, "oh what?!" I WANT EVERYONE TO FUCK THE HELL OFF! I HATE THEM I HATE THEM I HATE THEM! I HATE EVERYONE! and don't even breathe "cutting wont help" WHAT WILL FUCKING HELP?!

my mind is in a dark place right now. I have literally next to no motivation at all to do anything but cry. please, I need help. I feel like I have nothing left to live for. i'm starting to think suicide looks amazing. someone please help me.

"Those who aim to avoid their fate, often meet it on the road to escape."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: someone please help me. - June 12th 2016, 03:28 PM

I think that its probably better if you continued talking to your friend online or in any way possible, because he clearly knows how to make you happy, and he also understands you. I know that your parents are kinda worried, which I can definitely understand but I don't see how abusing you or limiting your freedom and making your life worse is helping things.

What you need to do is to join new activities where it'll be easier for you to mix around and find friends like him , perhaps ones around your age (your parents will be less fearful about this ) and also perhaps escape from your parents ' harsh treatment. It's definitely not nice to feel restricted, and to be honest they never even listened to you and they just wanted to keep you under their control, which is in no way positive or conducive to your happiness.

I know that its tough, but the best thing for you to do is to weather this for now, keep in touch with your friend and perhaps be able to talk to other people about this because the more outlets you get to talk to, the less trapped you feel.

You'll always have my support, and if you need someone to talk to or rant to, I'll be around.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: someone please help me. - June 13th 2016, 05:06 AM

Hey there,

I recall a thread some weeks ago, with a user that has a similar situation. In this user's situation, said user's friend was saying sexual things and said user had mentioned being in love with each other, wanting to do pursue it further and the like. Your thread did not mention any of this. But can I ask the reason your parents and bishop do not want you seeing your friend? I feel like hearing that side is important.

That said, the way your parents treat you is wrong. They should not be beating you up. That's not a way to teach someone something, especially if they're going through such a rough time and need the support. You deserve to have support and I'm sorry your parents have been so harsh. Are there any community centers you can spend time at? I know where I live there is a community center for ages 12-21 and has various social services available including recreational activities. Do you know of any place like that near you? You can also ask a school counselor because they may have a reference sheet with places like that.

You mentioned in a previous thread that you'll be seeing a counselor. How is that going? Do you feel like you can open up to this counselor about what you're going through?

I do not suggest to go behind your parents back and see this friend of yours. They may have a real legal reason for not allowing the two of you to see each other. They may also not and they can be completely unreasonable. Maybe try finding out more about what they have to say.

In the meantime, do you have any hobbies? Hobbies can help keep you busy and you can discover something that's enjoyable to you. Hobbies come in many forms, from writing, reading, art making, spending time in nature, with animals, collecting items such as stamps and coins, or anything you think you'd like to try. These are on the top of my head but there are hundreds of different things. Dedicating time to a craft can be a very rewarding experience.

Hang in there, okay? Things will get clearer with time. Take it slow, one week, one day, one hour.

Closed Thread