TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

I'm done with this world - June 22nd 2016, 01:07 PM

After everything that goes on, my family tells me I harass them. Really? That's just so wrong on so many levels. I got frustrated taking it all in and called them out on interrupting me. Saying they can wait 3 seconds till I finish my sentence to talk to my father instead of having a side conversation with him. He ends up ignoring me and just talking to them instead. They told me no one hurts me, it takes too much work to go out of one's way to hurt me, therefore what I say is false and it's all in my mind making things up. So many things are going on. I'm not even going to bother type them out. But now being overwhelmed counts as harassing everyone. I'm done here. I'm so tired of this dysfunctional home. I'm so tired of the power they have over me and the blame they place on me. I used to work with kids and I know how hard things can be just for a healthy child even. I wasn't a child too long ago and I just wish it wasn't so painful and stressful and now as an adult I'm just picking up the pieces. It is hard to not blame myself. It is hard to not resent the adults who are still unsupportive up to now. It is hard to not resent my sisters who were treated better than me and therefore tend to not understand where I'm coming from and tell me I overreact. I'm tired of being told I dont work hard enough to improve myself when I'm trying more than all of them combined. I'm tired of paying close attention to them and doing the best to support them, be sensitive towards them and their belongings and their space when they couldnt care less about me or my belongings or my space. I'm tired of being misunderstood-so so so tired of getting the shorter end of the stick time and again and trying to stand up for myself-already full of self doubt, not quite there with my communication especially when setting my boundaries and then ending up frustrated and crying, yelling and being told I'm bothering the neighbors but they never address the issue of why I was yelling or crying in the first place. I know it's wrong to yell but it gets so hard to not snap. They get to play these games with me and I have to take it all in and not snap. But no one tells them to stop playing these games with me. Well...except I tell them to stop once I snap but it doesnt work. I'm tired of doing this. Clearly I dont have a place in this world. I dont think anyone will ever understand. And if I try explaining, you might tell me I'm harassing you. There's no place in this world that I can feel safe. Maybe others have found a consistent and consistently safe space. I've been looking for that for a very long time and I came to the conclusion that it doesn't exist for me.

Last edited by ~Radio Flyer~; June 22nd 2016 at 01:29 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Luke
Gender: Technically, I'm legally female, if that's what you'd prefer, but I prefer being called a guy

Re: I'm done with this world - June 25th 2016, 02:41 PM

This sounds like an extremely difficult time for you to go through with your parents. I understand that they are being unfair and inconsiderate of your feelings. What I've read leads me to believe that your parents are emotionally abusing you. I went through something similar with my parents. They don't listen to me, and interrupt me and insult me plenty. I too have sisters who were definitely treated a lot better than I was.

What I do now, is I stay in my room often, and I avoid my parents a lot. Out of sight, out of mind. Though this doesn't always work, maybe you could try to distance yourself from your parents more often. If they don't see you, they will be less likely to remember to insult you or harass you. Depending on your age you could maybe move out of the home. You could also seek refuge at a close friends house.

If none of this is of any option, you could also seek help from the law. Any type of abuse, including emotional with enough severity (and your situation seems worthy of court) can be taken to court, and depending on the situation, you could be put into a home with another close relative. If you don't have any close relatives who aren't like your parents, you could be put into a home with a close adult friend of yours. Whatever you see fit as to getting away from your parents, go or it. You could maybe join a summer camp or a group during summer, and when school gets back in you could join an after school club. The list goes on and on.

You seem like a good and hardworking person, even though I don't know you that well. You really do need someone to reach out to you, and I'm happy to be that person. If you have a close friend that you can call or text or go over to their house, maybe you could talk out your problems to them. Sometimes just a friendly ear to listen helps.

I really hope this helps, stay strong!^^

(#3 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: I'm done with this world - June 26th 2016, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATwentyCharacterName View Post
This sounds like an extremely difficult time for you to go through with your parents. I understand that they are being unfair and inconsiderate of your feelings. What I've read leads me to believe that your parents are emotionally abusing you. I went through something similar with my parents. They don't listen to me, and interrupt me and insult me plenty. I too have sisters who were definitely treated a lot better than I was.

What I do now, is I stay in my room often, and I avoid my parents a lot. Out of sight, out of mind. Though this doesn't always work, maybe you could try to distance yourself from your parents more often. If they don't see you, they will be less likely to remember to insult you or harass you. Depending on your age you could maybe move out of the home. You could also seek refuge at a close friends house.

If none of this is of any option, you could also seek help from the law. Any type of abuse, including emotional with enough severity (and your situation seems worthy of court) can be taken to court, and depending on the situation, you could be put into a home with another close relative. If you don't have any close relatives who aren't like your parents, you could be put into a home with a close adult friend of yours. Whatever you see fit as to getting away from your parents, go or it. You could maybe join a summer camp or a group during summer, and when school gets back in you could join an after school club. The list goes on and on.

You seem like a good and hardworking person, even though I don't know you that well. You really do need someone to reach out to you, and I'm happy to be that person. If you have a close friend that you can call or text or go over to their house, maybe you could talk out your problems to them. Sometimes just a friendly ear to listen helps.

I really hope this helps, stay strong!^^

Hi,
I see what you're saying. I do isolate myself in my room alot. They go to the beach from morning to night. They come home at night and I mean there's only so much I can isolate myself when I live with them. I also share a bedroom and don't really have the privacy when they are at home. When they're not home, I stay in my room and usually sleep off the day. I have no motivation these days. I think now that I've finished school I have no external consequences for staying in bed. Soon enough I'll be forgotten.

I start a job on Thursday. But I have so many things to do that i'm just not getting done. I have no energy. I just can't do it.

I don't plan to go to court. Firstly, I am over 18. Secondly, I just don't feel like it will help neither me nor my family. I know it is a good option for many people but for me it's just not.

I don't have any close relative. My immediate family is all I've got, as imperfect as it is.

I have friends, I just don't talk to them much. Actually they're pretty much all online now. But lately we hadn't talked much, and they're all busy. Even the ones I've at first met in person. More so, I am questioning if I even friends. Who knows at this point.

I used to do things and active in finding ways to cope. Now I just sit there and let the time pass. I don't know, I just don't want to live anymore. Like, at all.

Closed Thread