TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

I ruined my dads life - July 3rd 2016, 06:33 PM

I spent 500 on minecraft and my dad is outraged, so am I cause I got scammed. Now everyday, my dad is so upset. He wants to beat me so hard but he never got a chance because relatives were here, right now we are short on money and i wasted so much cash. Please help me, i can't see my dad in stress and agony. I want to kill myself now what DO I DO!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BayernManiac3 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I ruined my dads life - July 3rd 2016, 08:01 PM

Own up to your mistake. Get a job mowing the grass or washing windows or anything and earn all the money you wasted back. Scrub floors do whatever you can for relatives or neighbors or friends to earn it back and keep giving it to your dad. That's how you fix it. Not by killing yourself.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: I ruined my dads life - July 3rd 2016, 08:20 PM

I'm sorry that this happened. But suicide is never the answer to any problem. I know it might seem like it's the end of the world right now because you made a mistake, and it maybe have been a big one but your life is more than that. I know your dad would be devastated that it had pushed you to think of that. Don't give up, okay?

I do think you need to talk to him about it and talk about ways that you can make it up to him. Since money is tight, it might be a good idea to look into things you can do such as trying not to ask to eat out, trying not to ask for things at the store, helping with chores, mowing the lawn for others. Talk to your dad one on one and apologize and ask what you can do to make it up to him.

You made a mistake, but that doesn't make it the end of the world for you and your dad. If your dad is being abusive though, you need to go to an adult about it. Because nothing justifies abuse. It doesn't matter how badly you messed up. I know I sometimes feel like my dad could deck me too, but it depends on the person and situation so if you think that is a possibility you need to talk to someone.

I hope this helps and I hope things work out for you. I'm here if you need to!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

Closed Thread