TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Catlady Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Hard time living. - July 14th 2016, 02:57 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Not sure where to put this but it'll go here. I am having a VERY difficult time finding my purpose in life. So I keep telling myself just kill yourself there's no reason for you to be here. I'm surrounded by people who have very clear and amazing talents and it's like in the only who doesn't. Sleep and being depressed is my life I just really need advice on finding a purpose. So if you have any please share. I've tried everything and suck Maybe my purpose is to die?

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. ~Oscar Wilde.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Hard time living. - July 14th 2016, 03:53 PM

Well, I'm pretty sure that you've plenty of talents... seeing as you just saved my life.

I feel like one talent that you'll always have is that you wear your heart on your sleeve, and that you're such a sweet girl who cares about others, and that your purpose might be to help other people be happy, while also enriching yourself with empathy and a lot of positive feelings in the future. I feel for you, but I also think that you've a lot to share, a lot to contribute... and a lot of smiles to make.

You're here to spread joy to others, and I think that it'll allow you to start a light of hope within yourself. You're better than you think you are and there's nothing that can stop you from being positive. Don't you even think of dying dear... you're such a bundle of joy.. everyone would be blessed to get to know you.. you're a miracle by just being yourself.. time to let the world know just how special you are.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Catlady Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Hard time living. - July 14th 2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Yoshi View Post
Well, I'm pretty sure that you've plenty of talents... seeing as you just saved my life.

I feel like one talent that you'll always have is that you wear your heart on your sleeve, and that you're such a sweet girl who cares about others, and that your purpose might be to help other people be happy, while also enriching yourself with empathy and a lot of positive feelings in the future. I feel for you, but I also think that you've a lot to share, a lot to contribute... and a lot of smiles to make.

You're here to spread joy to others, and I think that it'll allow you to start a light of hope within yourself. You're better than you think you are and there's nothing that can stop you from being positive. Don't you even think of dying dear... you're such a bundle of joy.. everyone would be blessed to get to know you.. you're a miracle by just being yourself.. time to let the world know just how special you are.
Thank you! This helped me a lot. Really I forget that my "gift" or "talent" might not be like everyone else's who has a sport or a singer etc. I will try to remember this

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. ~Oscar Wilde.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Hard time living. - July 15th 2016, 04:57 PM

You're special in your very own way.. and there's nothing like you and I don't think its possible to be you the way you are. Believe in yourself.. you're much stronger, much sweeter and you've such a big heart. I don't think I would be typing this if you didn't help me out that day.

You were one of those who saved my life, and I thank you for that.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: Hard time living. - July 16th 2016, 10:34 PM

I really love everything Green Yoshi responded with and I think he's 100% right and you are too - sometimes our talents and purposes aren't always something that's visible to the eye! And that is okay. Because that doesn't make them any less important. Sometimes having a simple ability to be kind and bring others joy or help them in a time of need is a heck of a lot better than singing or something like that.

In my opinion anyway. Keep doing what you do best: be yourself!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#6 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: Hard time living. - July 17th 2016, 02:05 PM

I have an insider joke with myself that my purpose in life is to help others find their purpose. But that kind of purpose should not be overlooked. Sometimes people think of purpose in terms of gifts or talents in terms of entertainment to share with the world and while that's important too, people often overlook the direct act of helping someone with something as something just as important.

Some people also think in terms of a great grand purpose that they have to find, but sometimes it's the small things that make such a positive impact on someone's life. When I think of my cat for instance, he gives me so much joy and he didn't even do anything particularly talentful! He was just being present, non-judgemental and compassionate and his presence taught me such important lessons in life. Being yourself can be a purpose in itself, because at the end of the day, not many people have the courage to be themself. You're still young and it's okay to be lost and confused right now. You'll start gravitating towards certain things more than others eventually. Keep exploring, keep trying new things and pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and you will learn what your interests are if you don't know them right now.

Experiences shape who we are, and so if you are more of an in-between kind of person, you're showing people that it's okay to be an in-between kind of person. I lived my life until my teenage years, thinking I'm always going to be the odd one out, I never fit into anything. There's people who dance, sing, and play sports and I'm here who get good grades, yes, but nothing special. People said I was good at doing homework but even homework was such an intense struggle for me, that no one understood because it resulted in good grades. And there were things beyond school that I just would never get the hang of. And I had many thoughts like you did, maybe my purpose was to die, or maybe my purpose was to set an example of how people shouldn't turn out like and so on. It can be very taunting

I think what needs to be remembered here is that, you're more than the sum of your successes and failures. You're a whole person, a complex being, with many different qualities, experiences, likes, dislikes, memories, thoughts, sense of humor, perspectives, history, family history etc. etc. The fact that you're unique means that you have something others don't, which is that no one can replace you, no one can be you for you. Even if someone dressed up like you and said "hi my name is Catlady", it would not be the same.

So whether you find your purpose now or later, it's all part of the journey. Try not to panic because finding one's purpose at a slower pace than others doesn't mean that your purpose is less or not as good or anything. It's not a competition, or a race, it's about where you are now, where you want to be and how you will get there. It's going to be okay, okay?

There's a neighbor who lived in my old apartment building and he'd always ask me what I plan to do in life, and I'd often stumble and say I'm not sure yet. And he'd be so warm to me and say "it's okay, I still don't know what I want to do either" and it was so sweet of him because he was an older man, and he was telling me it's okay. Most people get annoyed when you say you dont know what you want to do, they think it's like something you just know from the start, but for many of us, it's not like that. We've been in compulsory school for many years, often having to do things we didn't necessarily want to be doing and then we're asked to decide what we like to do in life. Some people "just know" and others take a little longer. It's all okay. But if you don't stick around, you'll never know how great your potential is I hope you feel better since you've posted this. I'm here if you want to talk more. I've been in your shoes, questioning things so much and getting myself in circles and I understand the struggle of uncertainty.

Take care

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Re: Hard time living. - July 24th 2016, 09:47 PM

ur purpose most certainly isnt to die. what do u enjoy doing? what good r u putting in the world? i know there has to be a purpose or else u wouldnt be here.

i know a lot of people who have a hard time knowing their purpose but everyone has one. maybe u could be open to trying new things (nothing stupid please) and so u might find something u really enjoy. u could make new goals and have new things to live for.

there r so many things u can do. i believe in u, Kaliope.

im always here for u if u want to talk.

Closed Thread