TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

i feel like crying but i physically cant - July 17th 2016, 04:49 AM

ive been so depressed lately and i just feel like crying. when i was little i always tried to hide my tears and would deprive myself from crying. so now i physically cant cry for anything; not even my gmas funeral and when im sad or hurt.

i usually get irritable and angry when im sad or mad. but i feel like if i just let it all out in tears, id feel better and it might prevent me from hurting myself. i feel like crying but i cant.

i know that i can make myself cry bc i like acting but its never real when i do it that way.
advice and support would be apprectiated. thanks.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: i feel like crying but i physically cant - July 17th 2016, 04:58 AM

Hello cheyenne.

I think that its better for you to let yourself cry because there's no reason to let your feelings out. When i encountered the setback that happened two weeks ago (you know that thread.. that setback nearly killed me. Now, it just killed my heart, but my body still lives ) I think that its better for you to just think about what has happened, and its better for you to know that you deserve the right to express your own feelings.

Find a place where you can be yourself at.. and just be around no one but yourself or a trusted friend and just cry it out. Let the tears flow out..nothing helps more than a good cry.

I hope that things work out well for you.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Re: i feel like crying but i physically cant - July 17th 2016, 07:01 PM

thanks but ive tried. i physically cant cry no matter hoe much i try. even alone i just cant let tears fall even if i want to.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: i feel like crying but i physically cant - July 17th 2016, 07:33 PM

Hey there,

I have experienced this kind of thing before. I tried drinking a lot of water because sometimes it's hard to cry of there's a physiological problem involved. Another thing, is maybe what you're going through is hard to verbalize or fully express. Maybe you're overwhelmed by so many things and there's a silence instead of crying. It's okay for that to happen. The tears will come when it's ready to. Something that helped with that process though, is finding things that match what I'm going through. I would do a search on the web for quotes that had certain key words. I would listen to music that I felt "matched" or was associated with how I'm feeling. I would watch films that related to the mood I am in. Sometimes it takes other people, other resources to help us get out what we want to be said. Sometimes we are not able to say it ourselves yet so when others say it, it can give us that relief that someone understands, we are not as alienated and the tears will come during that "aha" moment. I think that's the point when tears will come because it means you're letting go and healing. If you don't give yourself that chance to be vulnerable and open to feeling, it's going to be hard for the tears to come. If you find something that you can relate to on a deep level and feel like using that material can help you cry but need an extra push, you can also try writing out a reflection of what is it about what had been said that makes so much sense to you. You can also try a stream of conscious which means you just go on a rant of whatever comes to you about the particular topic and keep going for a few minutes. This is a well known technique, it is also called "free association writing". Hope this makes sense.

Closed Thread