TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
world_changer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Sadness. - July 18th 2016, 03:40 AM

So, I have a history of depression and major anxiety issues. My depression has basically all but went away. But things in my life are changing and I feel like I have this weight to me, that wasn't there a few months back. So, I'm basically just going to walk you through all of the things that happened.....

1.) I lost a really good but unhealthy job. That was more of a blessing because it brought my anxiety down by a lot. Money is a little tight, but my boyfriend is able to support us until I can find a part-time job, since I have classes coming up.

2.) I made a new friend, when I make new friends (typically w/ males) I get attached and fear abandonment from them. My friend recently came out to me as gay and I've been helping him through that. And he tends to help me with my anxiety. This relationship could be amazing and we could be great friends. Except I'm scared we aren't going to become closer and if we do he won't like me....and it's all really pathetic that I feel this way. I dont fear my other friends, but we've been friends longer, so I think I just know that they won't leave...

3.) On the topic of my new friend. I want to tell him way my anxiety attacks started because I never have anyone to tell and I think he would get it. But it's hard to tell people I started having panic attacks because I botched a suicide attempt, and now I am always afraid I'm dying..... plus, I don't want our conversations to always be heavy, I want us to enjoy simple silly things like all of my friends.

4.) I'm having a few family issues that I can't escape from at the moment, and it's kind of pushing me overboard.

So really my "depression," has came back for like a week....but it still really sucks. :/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Sadness. - July 18th 2016, 03:19 PM

Hello. I think that what you need to do is remember that while you might need to learn to give people more space, its probably better for you to also have some faith in yourself. It's better for you to just go into every conversation burden-free, and just enjoy being yourself. There's no reason for you to really doubt yourself, as there's plenty of reasons to be happy with yourself. For example, you might label yourself as clingy / easily attached, but if you look at it from some other angle,

that just means that you're loyal and kind.. and that you won't betray close who are close to you.

Also, just remember that while your family issues are stressful, its probably better for you to rant it out on here. Its anonymous, and I'm sure that a lot of us have probably went through some of the issues you've, and we'll probably be able to help you somewhat. Just don't overthink things because you're stronger than you think you are, and its better for you to just be calm, positive... and not doubt yourself.

They key to overcoming anxiety is to remember that while you WILL be facing severe challenges, one fact is that you're good enough to overcome it all. Have faith, be strong.. and don't look back at your mistakes. Rather, know how you can correct them and believe in a brighter future crafted by yourself for you.. it's going to happen.

Trust yourself.. you're better than you think you are.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread