TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rez Offline
2spooky4u
Not a n00b

Name: Simon

Uhhh. - July 30th 2016, 02:08 AM

I learned how to tie a noose today.

That's gonna come in handy real soon.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Uhhh. - July 30th 2016, 02:28 AM

I know that a nooze tie is what people do when they want to hang themselves... so DON'T. If someone like me did it, perhaps thats understandable.

Whatever you're doing, stop it.

You're just 17 and there's so much you can do to make things better for yourself.. I know that things are tough, and that it looks like they might not get better, but they definitely will. Just hang in there, and know that you're worth it...you deserve happiness, and happiness will be coming soon. I know that you're going through a lot... but you can count on us to listen and solve your worries too.

Trust me. I know what it feels like to want to die ( and i still kinda half feel that way, so i completely understand how it feels to think nothing will ever get better ) and the feeling really sucks. But the different between you and me is that you're young. Things will get better for you.. for me, that's a different story.. unless I manage to hang on and keep that promise.

Stay strong, Simon.. you deserve happiness. I hope that I'll be able to help you out.. I don't want you to feel the same way I do.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: Uhhh. - July 30th 2016, 07:59 PM

Hi Simon,

First, I want to say that I'm sorry that you're thinking about suicide. I want to ask if anyone knows that you're struggling or if you know what's going on in your life that's making you feel like this? Suicide can seem appealing, like a way out, but it's not a good way of dealing with whatever troubles you might be facing. There is always an alternative that is better. I'm also always here if you want to talk about anything as well. My inbox is always open, no matter what.

I also want to direct you to a list of some hotlines. I really recommend calling one of these and taking advantage of their services if you're feeling suicidal at all. It really does help a lot. I have used them myself, and they are always willing to listen and offer some help and help you cool down.

Stay strong!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Rez Offline
2spooky4u
Not a n00b

Re: Uhhh. - July 31st 2016, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
Hi Simon,

First, I want to say that I'm sorry that you're thinking about suicide. I want to ask if anyone knows that you're struggling or if you know what's going on in your life that's making you feel like this? Suicide can seem appealing, like a way out, but it's not a good way of dealing with whatever troubles you might be facing. There is always an alternative that is better. I'm also always here if you want to talk about anything as well. My inbox is always open, no matter what.

I also want to direct you to a list of some hotlines. I really recommend calling one of these and taking advantage of their services if you're feeling suicidal at all. It really does help a lot. I have used them myself, and they are always willing to listen and offer some help and help you cool down.

Stay strong!
No one knows because no one cares. Alternatives no longer work. It fucks me over even more. I can't even sleep. I'm tired of these constant nightmares. I have no close friends and my family considers me to be the problem child (rightfully so). I've done nothing this summer besides cry, sleep, and carve my legs into a bloody pulp.

I'm done.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Uhhh. - July 31st 2016, 04:22 PM

No you're not. there's so many happy things that could happen in your future, and if you stay strong and see things through, you'll realize that you've so much to offer, and that the world has so much to offer you.

You're definitely not the problem child, and I see you being so much more than that. You're a miracle in your own right and i want you to see that someday.

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fallingforyou Offline
#radpenguin
Average Joe

Name: Leonie

Re: Uhhh. - July 31st 2016, 05:18 PM

Hello,

I know what it feels like to be desperate to the point where you're convinced that you just can't take it anymore and you're nothing more than a burden to the people around you. Usually death wishes build up over time and it's sometimes hard to determine when and why those thoughts came to you, but either way it's a fact that hard times are just a small part of your life and it's impossible to know what the future might hold.

I can imagine that these words don't mean anything to you right now because you're suffocating and the idea of dying sounds wonderfully easy, as if it will end the struggle once and for all. Back when I wanted to kill myself I went to the hospital voluntarily, but later on I refused to eat, banged my head against the wall and so on because I just wanted to be done. Of course that didn't do anything except for them to give me a lot of sedatives, but when I finally started to co-operate my stay at the hospital took most of the weight off my shoulders and I could see a little more clearly again. Stepping through the door the day I was released genuinely made me smile for the first time in months because it was just so amazing to breathe fresh air again and feel the buzz of life in the city and it's only then that you realize how much you missed it.

The fact that you shared your thoughts on here shows that you still have some determination left to stay alive and that little spark is worth so, so much. No matter what happens you need to hold onto it and keep fighting because it will get better and you will be glad that you are there to witness the better days.

Don't kill yourself.

Hakuna matata - it means no worries for the rest of your days.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Dominant Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Dom

Re: Uhhh. - July 31st 2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezno777 View Post
No one knows because no one cares. Alternatives no longer work. It fucks me over even more. I can't even sleep. I'm tired of these constant nightmares. I have no close friends and my family considers me to be the problem child (rightfully so). I've done nothing this summer besides cry, sleep, and carve my legs into a bloody pulp.

I'm done.
Go to your doctor. I guarantee you this problem is chemical as well as situational. You're young, your life can change but you need help. Once you get help you can pick up the pieces.

My uncle grew up dirt poor and when he became an adult he was successful. No indoor plumbing and no shoes to meeting the mayor.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Re: Uhhh. - July 31st 2016, 07:23 PM

If no one knows about your situation it is very hard for them to show you the support you deserve, and it can be seen as not caring. You have to at least give them the benefit of the doubt. A doctor is a good option as well as someone else posted, and they can try to see if it is something chemical and get you help. There are always people that car. Yeah there will be some that don't, I have quite a few of those people in my life but people do surprise you. They do care and you have to seek them out. Because if you don't, you won't find anyone.

You have to put the effort in to find those people. It sucks, but it's true.

If your family sees you as a problem child, that sucks. They should see you as their child only. Every child has their weaknesses and sometimes they might get into trouble. That comes with parenting. I'm sorry that they aren't being understanding of that. But even if you have messed up that doesn't mean you don't need help. I still think you should bring it up with them. Because despite your problems, You deserve help.

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Rez Offline
2spooky4u
Not a n00b

Re: Uhhh. - August 2nd 2016, 02:25 AM

I've tried getting help. Parents have something against therapy. I don't have access to a guidance counselor because it's summer. I've told two people WILLINGLY so far, both of which fucking hate my guts now. I have zero friends that I can trust and I'm not fucking close with aynone else.

EDIT: I tried a hotline once. The person on the other end got pissed at me. All I did was try and vent but, ya know, fuck Simon specifically.

I failed. Again. Like always.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Uhhh. - August 2nd 2016, 07:31 AM

I think that for you, what you need to do is recover and find things that you can get interested in, or things that you enjoy. I know that you've a lot of reasons to be angry at the world, but it has its blessings for you.

If you fail once, try and try again. it'll definitely be okay.

I got your back , man!

screwdriverneedsgas

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Rez Offline
2spooky4u
Not a n00b

Re: Uhhh. - August 3rd 2016, 06:56 PM

Welp.

Tried telling my best friend. He ignores me now.

This is exactly why I don't say anything. It's just makes it worse.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Re: Uhhh. - August 3rd 2016, 10:54 PM

I'm sorry about your friend. Unfortunately sometimes people just don't understand how to help someone struggling with depression. Give him some time and see if he comes around. I get you don't have access to a counselor during the summer I'm in that boat too because my parents also have something against me talking to anyone about my problems. When do you go back if I can ask? And is there anyway to email them?

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the hotline, some of the people are volunteers and crap happens and you get a crappy person on the other end. I've had those but you can't let one bad experience get you down. It's like riding a back, just because you fail a few times you can't give up because eventually you will get it. And I believe eventually you'll find someone.

Can I ask what is specifically causing the thoughts of suicide? If your friends and family aren't listening we here will always listen. You can also blog about what's going on too.

Closed Thread