TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Zemie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

cant deal with this (mostly venting) - August 19th 2016, 06:41 PM

i've been losing hair for like over a year and literally no one would belive me, my family wouldnt take me to a doctor until like last month. it's literally so thin now i can see my scalp on the time and it's horrible i feel so ugly and i feel like a freak.

I'm trans and i was on hormones for about a year and a half, which i think is what made my hair fall out, so i stopped about 2 months ago and now im back to being miserable and angry all of the time and I'M STILL LOSING FUCKING HAIR

my trans doctor wouldn't proscribe me anti hairloss stuff, and i saw a campus doctor and she said it was a bad idea also, and when my family finally took me to a doctor the topic didn't come up, but whatever. i finally got a blood test then and apperently there's nothing medically wrong with me to cause hair loss? so whatever

i literally want to kill myself like half the time, even though i know hair is literally so trivial and stupid, but it was literally like the only thing i liked about myself. like i know i should love myself or whatever but being trans literally sucks but i always had comfort that whatever happened i still had nice hair and now it's literally like the universe is just torturing me

whats bad too is my family literally wont believe me. they're like 'oh your hair is uspposed to fall out it's normal' but when i'm losing clumps of hair it's literally abnoraml and i can feel my hair getting thinner and thinner and i can see my scalp and no one cares. it literally makes me so anxious and sick. i live with my grandma a lot of the time and shes always like 'oh look they can do hair transplants' whenever she says that it literally makes me so upset and disgusted that i would even need to consider getting that done, besides the fact that it's unrealistic and expensive and blah blah blah

sorry this is just mostly me venting but i'm just so fed up and frustrated with being miserable all of the time. i dont know what to do like

i think the only reason left i could be losing hair is that i dont eat enough but i'm also scared of looking more female now that i'm off hormones that i'm afraid to eat a lot of the time and i just dotn know what to do. i got a calorie tracker app so i could try and eat more but it's really hard and im always like Edited away from what it says i should be eating but i'm literally terrifed of gaining weight and i dont really like food or eating

Last edited by LlamaLlamaDuck; August 19th 2016 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Please don't post weight or calorie numbers - they are agains the Code of Conduct. :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: cant deal with this (mostly venting) - August 20th 2016, 02:17 AM

Hi Alex,

I'm sorry that you are having a tough time right now. It's okay if you're upset over losing your hair - I think I would be too to be completely honest. That's okay. What upsets you upsets you and you can't always control how you feel - just your action to that. I think it was the right thing to seek medical help, even if it actually wasn't that helpful for you. I'm sorry that they weren't able to find a reason for why your hair was falling out. While it could be the hormone changes or the not eating enough, I can't say because I'm not a professional and do not know. I do however think you should get more medical opinions on it - especially if it is causing you to feel depressed and suicidal. It is also a good idea to tell a professional about that as well.

A campus doctor was a good resource as your parents didn't have to take you, is there anyone else available you can look into seeing without your parents since they don't want to pursue the issue anymore? It is your body and you should be able to look into keeping yourself healthy and looking into things that worry you.

You also mentioned that you talked to the family doctor and the issue didn't come up - you really need to be proactive and talk about it. You have to be honest about what's going on. You can't expect them to know everything that's going on without knowing some background of what is going on. And sometimes you have to fight for answers and keep on pursuing it. You can't give up if it is worrying and a part of your overall health!

Good luck!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: cant deal with this (mostly venting) - August 25th 2016, 08:31 AM

I think that another thing you should remember is that stress and strong, agitated emotions can affect your body in a way that causes you to lose more hair. So to add to what Lauren said above, its better to cultivate habits that help you to calm down, and also allow you to slowly but surely distract your attention and help you to not think about this hairy issue I know that it affects your day quite badly, but the less you view it as an issue, the less of an issue it is. I also think that indirectly , this will also help you lessen the problem as stress also leads to loss of hair.

If you need any more advice or just someone to rant to bout your problems, I'll be around.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread