TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Elmrin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bluebird

Question Does Anyone Feel the Same? - August 20th 2016, 12:41 AM

Like you're stuck. You want to lash out, scream, break, cry, feel.. But it won't come. You want to be shattered, to slam your head against the wall. It feels paralyzing. Like you're an animal trapped in a corner, instinct tells you to act, to do something, but you're just stuck. You can't move.

On the surface you still have emotions, happiness, sadness, joy, excitement, but they are feeble, never deep. Under the surface it feels dark, it's cold, iced over. Numb. You want to hurt, but you want it deep down, you really want to feel it down there. You want the ice to shatter.

To sum it up, paralyzed is really the best word. So.. Does anyone ever feel the same? What do you do to break the ice..?

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Special Agent Offline
Live Help Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Junior

Re: Does Anyone Feel the Same? - August 20th 2016, 03:42 AM

I definitely understand what you are saying. I have been there it is the worst feeling in the world! I'm sorry that you are going through this but please know that you are not alone. I am here for you if you want to talk. I went through this between the ages of 14-18 and I could not stand it.

-Special Agent

(#3 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: Does Anyone Feel the Same? - August 20th 2016, 03:50 AM

Hey there Bluebird.
What an eloquent way to put this! I think I've felt this way before. It is a certain flavor of depression and anxiety for me.

There's a way to de-numb and that has to do with allowing ourselves to fully experience the range of emotions which means being vulnerable. Emotions do not discriminate so shutting down negative emotions will likely lead to shutting down positive emotions too. There's a way to break out of this cycle. There is hope. I mean I try to believe in hope. Numbness has to do with emotional suppression and so releasing emotions after sitting with them and feeling them however uncomfortable is a way to exercise ourselves into coping healthier instead of reverting back to old habits.

Allow yourself to cry. But I think writing something that resobstes with you can make you cry in a healing way. As you describe the paralysis as an icyness there's a way to dethaw what is frozen. It is like melting the ice and then when it is a bucket of water, to spill the bucket. If you think of the water collected in the bucket as incidents containing emotional pain, and that it eventually freezes, acknowledging the pain is a way to break the ice slowly.

This can be done in a variety of ways, whether with a professional or not. But expressing the pain, acknowledging it as real and valid and allowing yourself to feel it. These are the things that nurture emotional growth.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Does Anyone Feel the Same? - August 21st 2016, 10:05 AM

I understand it completely, because it feels like there's some sort of part of me that wants to be killed off. But at the same time, there's a part of me that's hoping for a miracle to happen ( We shall see ) But what I do know if you keep living on, you can definitely overcome this and replace the bad feelings with thoughts of happiness, love , joy and a perfect future.

I'm going through these feelings right now, and if you need someone to rant to or someone to talk to, I'll always be around. You can count on me!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Brooke
Not a n00b

Name: Brooke

Re: Does Anyone Feel the Same? - August 21st 2016, 05:06 PM

yes it sounds very familiar and im glad someone can put into words i have emotions but i just dont fully feel them like im there but im just a shell a robot thats learnt how to feel, but still struggles, but i also try to numb myself and then get annoyed im not feeling the emotions i want to feel like sad when someone says something upsetting as you said the emotions there but its not deep

Closed Thread