TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Notsure Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sam

Not sure what to do - September 3rd 2016, 07:26 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Right now i'm a huge danger to my self. I made a suicide attempt two days ago, and was going to attempt again yesterday. But there's a small part of me that wants to live, i have no idea why but oh well. I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to ask my dad if i can go to a psychiatric hospital or something. My dad doesnt know anything about my depression, but apparently he cares, so maybe he would understand. What should i do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Not sure what to do - September 3rd 2016, 08:42 AM

ask him to help you get to one... and be honest with him. If he cares, then he'll help you..

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: Not sure what to do - September 3rd 2016, 12:25 PM

You could have sustained injuries or complications from the last attempt. It is important you get to the emergency room as soon as possible, especially because yoire still feeling suicidal. If he doesn't understand or if you know he might not take you seriously, try calling the police directly or if you know of a crisis hotline number. Definitely tell someone though, starting with your dad. If it doesn't work with him, keep trying.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Notsure Offline
Average Joe

Re: Not sure what to do - September 3rd 2016, 12:53 PM

I'll try to talk to my dad later today. Any advice on telling him?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Notsure Offline
Average Joe

Re: Not sure what to do - September 3rd 2016, 08:04 PM

I told him. Went worse than i expected. I'm in an extremely bad mood right now. Definitely the worst i've ever been. I really regret telling him.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Special Agent Offline
Staff On Leave

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Junior

Re: Not sure what to do - September 3rd 2016, 09:47 PM

I'm sorry that it did not go well. We are here for you! Is he going to take you to hospital to get evaluated?

You are welcome to PM me anytime!

-Special Agent

-Jr.

"your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."

-Nido Qubein

Live Help Mentor | HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Notsure Offline
Average Joe

Re: Not sure what to do - September 3rd 2016, 10:00 PM

Nope. He is getting me a doctor appointment for Monday. And he is suggesting stuff like talking to people, i've been doing that for over a year. Now my family are going to be bothering me all the time. I doubt i'll get through tonight. But there's no way i'm talking to my dad.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Not sure what to do - September 4th 2016, 08:42 AM

it'll be tough for now, but it'll get better later. i promise ya

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Not sure what to do - September 5th 2016, 10:34 PM

Hi there.

I'm actually glad you spoke to your dad. It seems like you both have a decent relationship but when you tell someone something like this, it is going to cause concern to those around you because at the end of the day they love and care about you just like we do here. Probably even more than we do if I am honest. They are your family. Your parents. You're their baby. They will care and worry but that's okay and its okay for you to lean on them for support too.

I think getting that appointment is a good idea. I don't know how it works where you live, but where I live in England, things have to be very bad or go very wrong before you're offered a bed in a psychiatric ward and once you're in it's damn hard work to get out. I mean I went in for what was meant to be a period of a few weeks and ended up staying in for nearly three years. That's tough going. Although if this is something you feel you need, push for it at the same time. Personally when I am at my worst, I don't really recognise that I need help and I do not really want help so I go into isolation and hide secrets about what I am doing to myself but for you it may be the complete opposite. Maybe you need to sit and think about what would be best for you right now and even talk to us about it. We don't mind

What ever happens, do what is best for you and use those around you for help and support and never be alone. You're loved and cared for and nobody in the world wants anything bad to happen to you. If you ever want to talk, please feel free to do so with us, me. We won't bite, promise!

Hope and wishes,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Notsure Offline
Average Joe

Re: Not sure what to do - September 5th 2016, 10:50 PM

When i'm at my worst i don't really want help, too. But when i talked to my dad, i didn't really care or have anything to lose. I really don't know what i want, which is getting very confusing, as there's now a bunch of stuff going on around me, like "help" from family, appointments with GPs, CAMHS and high supervision from my dad. He's going to check on me every few hours throughout the night to make sure i'm still alive, which will be quite annoying, as you can imagine. My GP said if i feel like harming my self, i can go to a hospital. Although i highly doubt i would ever do that. Though i did want to a week ago... Yea i have no idea what i want. But i don't really mind, so i'm just somewhat going along with everything.

Part of why i don't want support from my parents is because i don't like them. Like most teenagers, i find them annoying. However, i don't feel that child-parent bond that most people do, to me they are just a person that provides a place to live and food etc. I don't have an emotional connection to them. I guess that's cold, but i can't control that, and i don't mind anyway.

Thank you.

Edit: i have also started talking to Childline. Not too sure why. But i feel a little better after a good chat with them, just helps me get my thoughts out and work out what to do quicker, as they can give advice, so i don't need to spend as long working everything out myself. Then i have more time to do entertaining/relaxing/calming things and i'm less likely to enter a down mood due to thinking about things that are concerning me for a long time.

Closed Thread