TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mr. Moon Offline
Manic Writer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Joshua

Alone - May 20th 2009, 09:27 AM

I need help right now. I feel entirely alone. I am a bitter shell of who I once was, and this is it. One last step to the edge of self annihilation. One last chance...

Logic, Science, Philosophy.
  Send a message via AIM to Mr. Moon  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Name: Cody

Re: Alone - May 20th 2009, 09:51 AM

Hey Joshua. I know things are really tough right now, but they CAN and WILL get better. Just hang in there.

Could you talk to me about what's going on?

~Cody

Normal User

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Alone - May 20th 2009, 11:15 PM

Hey Joshua,

I know where you're coming from right now. It's so easy to assume we're all alone in this big world. It's often what we convince ourselves. We try to con our mind into believe no one is there for us, we don't belong and we've alway been alone. That is a very strong feeling. I can't imagine actually being alone, it is likely a horrible experience. Though, you can't blame yourself if it's true. People who really care would stay with you through thick and thin, happy and sad, angry or overjoyed. Someone who really wants to help you would give you their shoulder to cry and they'd understand that you're in pain. Most important, they would never leave you. You can't take the fact that you need reliable people as a bad thing. It's logical to believe you can lean on people who say they "care." Though, the truth often comes out when it's time to show it. Words are very easy and pretty at times. But proof is what will show you who is a real friend and who isn't.

No matter who has left you or who has hurt you, you're never alone. There are people that like seeing you happy, people who would give up anything. As we grow up in life, we start to learn how important relationships are with friends and not just partners. We begin to notice that friends will always be here if you pick correctly. You deserve better than what they can't give you. You can find people who will stick around. The world is so big, you can't ignore that fact. Everyone needs to manage on their own sometimes too. If we never learn, how will we ever solve anything on our own. It's always nice to have support, but we must learn for ourselves, by ourselves, too.

My point being is you're not alone. You have this website wanting you to continue and hoping for a change. There are always people to reach out to, sometimes it can't be done by the other people. You need to put forth effort to get help too. You can talk to counselors, your parents, teachers, many people. Confront your problems and ask for help. It's okay to need help, the best of people do. You can do this, you're strong. You're way too strong to fall back on suicide. It won't solve anything, all it can do is harm the people that do care, but you just don't see. For the sake of your loved ones, don't give up. Especially since your life is just starting. If you need anything at all, don't be afraid to PM me. Take care.

~Stay strong and have faith.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

Closed Thread