TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fanatic Offline
In Christ Alone ♥
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mary

Rant. - October 27th 2016, 06:24 AM

I feel still stuck i always feel stuck. Man some reason i can feel that if I dont get help as soon as possible, I'm going to break going to die. It just keeps iching closer where im always severely depressed. I do hate it because I feel like I've given up and am starting not to care about anything anymore..I cried so much this week, I slept so much and always feel like i cant function anymore..i feel so empty and have no motivation to do anything i like anymore and no motivation to be around the people i care about. I feel like im getting only counting down the days of when I will give up on everything. Where i become an emotionless, uncaring person..

"I'm not a piece of cake for you to just discard
While you walk away with the frosting of my heart
So I'm taking back what's mine, you'll miss
The slice of heaven that I gave to you last night
." - "Cake" by Melanie Martinez

Send a message via Skype™ to Fanatic 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
RiggedSystem Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Keaton Randolph

Re: Rant. - October 27th 2016, 06:49 AM

Hey, I'm sorry you're going through this. Depression sucks. What helped me get through being depressed was just getting out of the house. Even if you want to stay in bed all day, get up, get dressed and go for a walk. When you're inside your head all day it gets rough. Do you want to keep those emotions? Go out. You don't have to be social at first. After a while, though, you should hang out with a friend, or family member. Are you seeing a therapist? Talking about why you feel depressed will help.

If you need someone to talk to, you can message me. I won't be able to fix your problems, but I can listen.

Keaton

Official writer and creator of The Rigged System, a blog for helping teens with mental health issues. Come check it out at:
http://riggedsystem.weebly.com/

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Rant. - October 27th 2016, 05:31 PM

Hey there.

Thanks for coming to us for some help with this. I know reaching out can be a huge step and be really hard for some people so well done on doing so. I hope we can help you in one way or another!

Depression can be very difficult at points. Have you been diagnosed? If yes, can I ask how by and also if you are currently getting support and help from that person or anyone else for that matter?

Something I have been realising is that I am in so much more control than I thought I was. We can have bad thoughts (like having suicidal thoughts) and urges to harm ourselves in different ways but they are just urges and thoughts. And yes they are really hard to cope with, but they can not hurt you. The only person who can hurt you is ultimately yourself. For me, it's been about re-teaching my brain that actually I don't need to do these things to myself where as I used to think I had to do them to get through the days. But now I am teaching the pathways in brain that I don't need self harm etc, by staying in control of the urges.

Things can and they will change. Nothing ever lasts for ever, not even the good things. So the bad will too pass. I know it becomes tiring and exhausting and it feels like their is no point in it all but there is. That's why you are still here today fighting, because there is a point. You have a life and a future ahead of you and it can be anything you want it to be. You can make your dreams come true but in order for all this to happen, I honestly beliebe you need a good support network, to learn coping skills and distractions, to talk to people when you need that support and to work hard and put your all in to your recovery. Until then, it won't improve.

I was wondering what has left you feeling this way or even if there is anything. Has something happened in the past, happening now or even something you are worried about in the future? If there is and you would like to talk about it with us then know we are here to help and support in as many ways as we possibly can. We care about you and we volunteer for that reasons. Users come and give support because they care. You ARE cared about. Sometimes nothing really triggers feeling this way. It can also be a chemical imbalance in your brain causing you to feel depressed? I am now also wondering whether you are on any medication as well?

Just remember things can get better and you have a bright future ahead of you so keep on fighting and remember you are never alone; don't be afraid to reach out to people including us. And if you ever feel at risk to yourself as in you feel suicidal or you are going to hurt yourself, conact us, a family member, a helpline or even call emergency services or take yourself to A&E/ER. People can help you. Don't suffer in silence.

Hope and wishes.
Jesssie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Fanatic Offline
In Christ Alone ♥
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mary

Re: Rant. - October 30th 2016, 02:59 AM

Thanks for the support, you guys. I'm somewhat doing better. I do know tho there's a lot to fix about myself and a lot I need to work on.

"I'm not a piece of cake for you to just discard
While you walk away with the frosting of my heart
So I'm taking back what's mine, you'll miss
The slice of heaven that I gave to you last night
." - "Cake" by Melanie Martinez

Send a message via Skype™ to Fanatic 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Rant. - October 30th 2016, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanatic View Post
Thanks for the support, you guys. I'm somewhat doing better. I do know tho there's a lot to fix about myself and a lot I need to work on.
I am glad to hear you're doing better but I know things might still be a bit rough. Just remember we're always here for you okay? You are never alone in this.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread