TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
itzz.casper Offline
~Unicorns~
Average Joe

Name: Casper

Ummmmm - November 6th 2016, 02:43 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So I have really bad depression. I havent cut myself in over a month (really proud) But I been overdosing on pills,[EDITED] smoking, and slammin my head against a wall. U might be thinkin wow she is only 13 yeah but I know alot more than I should. And Im afraid if my depression keeps acting up imma wind up doing somthin stuipd. I already have plans for a permanent tattoo that will be happin soon. But if I keep doing this will this help bring out my demons? Will doing all that harm me more than the razor blade did? Idk and its really bothering me so bad and I just dont know any advice???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

I'm not looking for sympathy, just understanding- Jacoby Shaddix <3

Last edited by Palmolive; November 6th 2016 at 05:17 PM. Reason: removing a form of self harm that many people might not be aware of.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
KatieLynn2000 Offline
Stich and Harley Quinn <3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kate-Chrisina

Re: Ummmmm - November 6th 2016, 03:16 AM

Alright first off congrads Cas for not cutting urself. And my advice is think about Ava and Donivan before u get a tattoo, would u want them having tattoos at 13? and ur demons are wilding up because u have feelings ur ignoring them so ur demons are forcing the way for u to do notice them, and when u smoke it keeps them calm for a while till u feel again. So maybe listen to ur feelings instead of pushing them away. Maybe that will help with that smoking, pill taking and banging ur head against a wall. Think do u want Ava and Donivan to do that?

Let them know, that all u got, that you are not ur skin

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Ummmmm - November 6th 2016, 05:25 PM

Hey there.

Congratulations on being a month cut free, that is really great and I'm glad you're proud of yourself for this. Before when you were cutting, were you engaging in these other self harming behaviours? If no then do you think they have taken place of cutting?

I am also wondering how you feel at the moment? Do you feel happy, sad, low, depressed, anxious, confident etc? What is triggering you to feel this way and causing you to act on these behaviours? Maybe if we know what is triggering you to do these things to yourself, we can work on how to manage those triggers or how to try and deal with situations that are going on for you right now.

Personally I have nothing against tattoo's. I have four. However you are under age and I will not encourage you to do something which isn't legal. This leads me to wonder where you are getting it down and who is doing it because I know for example, my tattooist would not tattoo a 13 year old and always requires proof of age such as a passport document on the first go. If you are getting a tattoo by someone you don't know who are willing to break the law, it leaves me questioning whether the tattoo will be done well and cleanly even.

Just a few thoughts. Feel free to reply. I am always willing to help and you don't deserve to go through this alone. We're here to help you Keep fighting.

Hope and wishes,

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread