TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lora Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Sadness - May 21st 2009, 06:09 AM

I really really feel sad. I was crying a while ago. I feel something is wrong but I don't know what. I just no I am so sad.

I feel that everything is wrong. I feel that I am alone and not capable of doing something good. I feel so down and unworthy. I don't have self-esteem.

I have no reason to live. BUT. It haven't occured to me, to commit suicide. I can't commit suicide, I think it's a selfish act.

But I am really deppressed. I want to get over this.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: Sadness - May 21st 2009, 06:15 AM

Hi there,

welcome to TH! I'm glad you found here.

*hugs* I'm sorry to hear that you were crying, hun. Take a deep breath - we'll try to sort out what's going on. If you're okay sharing, is there anything that's been going on with family or friends or school stress? Sometimes stuff like that, even something hasn't happened actually today, can bring up sadness at random points.

And hey, you did do something good - you reached out and are trying to get help. You should be really proud of yourself!

And you have lots of reasons to live - yourself included! And all the great stuff that you still have to do/find/watch (like movies!)/eat/read/learn

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: Sadness - May 21st 2009, 07:06 PM

Hi Lora

I really really feel sad. I was crying a while ago. I feel something is wrong but I don't know what. I just no I am so sad.

Its very natural to go through phases of sadness and crying. & you shouldnt be embarrased about your sadness. If you feel something is wrong then why dont you discuss it with a teacher or counsellor, or doctor

I feel that everything is wrong. I feel that I am alone and not capable of doing something good. I feel so down and unworthy. I don't have self-esteem.

Its good that you realise what half the problem is. you dont have any self esteem. This is why in your eyes you think everything is wrong. Its also common to feel down & unworthy. But you are not alone and you are capable of doing something good. You just need some motivation, help & reassurance.

I have no reason to live. BUT. It haven't occured to me, to commit suicide. I can't commit suicide, I think it's a selfish act.

Once again, thats really good, a brilliant step forward. Not wanting to kill yourself. You are obviously a thought full person. & you are obviously a strong person as well. You may feel you have no reason to live, but your so young, your just a teenager, the older you get, the easier it gets. Trust me. Been there, done it, got the t-shirt.

But I am really deppressed. I want to get over this.

Like I said, I here for you if you want to talk, BUT, you would probably need a doctor to help with your depression or low self esteem. Its hard to deal with on your own & isnt fair to.

I have faith in you

Jamie
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Sadness - May 21st 2009, 10:42 PM

Hey Lora :] Welcome to TH.

I'm really sorry you've been feeling this way lately, and you're definitely not alone in the way that you are feeling. If you spend a lot of time on the forums, you'll definitely come across a lot of people feeling the same way as you are right now. But I can guarantee that you'll also came across a lot of people who have stories of recovery to retell, and things that they have gotten through, such as depression.

The first thing you need to know is that this is in no way your fault, not at all. A lot of people go through this kind of thing, probably a lot more than you would think. It can happen to everyone, and it's in no way your fault whatsoever. You didn't choose to feel this way, sometimes it's simply something that is not always in your control.

Second, you're definitely not unworthy of anything. I understand that self confidence issues can make you feel that way, though. Why not try some techniques to boost your self confidence up a bit? Think about all of the things that you've done both for yourself or for others that have made you feel good about yourself in life. Every time you start to put yourself down or feel useless, remind yourself of those things. Reminds yourself of the things you like about yourself, every time you think you think negatively about who you are as a person. It's hard, but not impossible to improve your confidence in yourself.

Something really important is that you have someone that you can talk to about these things. It's a hard step to take, but telling someone about how you're feeling can really make you feel a lot better about yourself. These feelings won't last forever, and I think it's important to get how you feel out there for other people to know, so that you can begin to feel better yourself.

If you ever need to talk, I'm always willing to listen. Best of luck

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Sadness - May 22nd 2009, 01:11 PM

we all have faith in you

remember that everything in life will get better if its bad...

and i'm confident that everything will get better.

remember everyone of us is in this together.

you are NOT alone . and thats set in stone.

supportive always.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

Closed Thread