TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation !URGENT! (solved) - November 26th 2016, 12:58 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

A random person on YouTube has told me they are going to hang their self in 4-7 days when they run out of money (250 Euros) in their house. They live in the Netherlands and have Bipolar disorder, lack of emotions, sociopathic tendencies, their parents don't care, and their girlfriend left them. They say they don't want or need any help (I've given them many helplines and told them how much I care) and my parents refuse to call the police. Is anyone out there willing to call the police? I live in the US, but apparently the cops are able to track people down through their IP address and then talk to their Internet Service Provider. It may also be possible to contact the Netherlands' police from here. Their Google Account is [Edited] I have talked to 741741 and most people say to contact the police, but as I said, my parents won't let me. Thanks. Please respond ASAP.

Last edited by it was a sad day; November 28th 2016 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Please do not post identifying information.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Resource Editor

I can't get enough

Re: !URGENT! - November 26th 2016, 01:29 AM

Hey there,

We cant report them.

However, it sounds like this person is seeking help and you just did that. It's not up to you to know if they are okay or will get the proper help or support. It's like here at TeenHelp, we give tools and suggestions, if they take them and try to get help for themselves than that is great, if they don't there isn't much we can do other than continuing to support them through what they are going through.

I hope this was helpful. Know you provided some information to the person, now it is up to them to seek help and use your referrals.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: !URGENT! - November 26th 2016, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WretatsyRemedial View Post
Hey there,

We cant report them.

However, it sounds like this person is seeking help and you just did that. It's not up to you to know if they are okay or will get the proper help or support. It's like here at TeenHelp, we give tools and suggestions, if they take them and try to get help for themselves than that is great, if they don't there isn't much we can do other than continuing to support them through what they are going through.

I hope this was helpful. Know you provided some information to the person, now it is up to them to seek help and use your referrals.
Didn't they say they don't want help though? And why can't anyone report it?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: !URGENT! - November 26th 2016, 01:51 AM

Hi there,

I'm really sorry you're going through this. I know how stressful it can be as I was in a similar situation. All you can do from a distance is try as hard as you can to be there to listen and give them phone numbers for people to call which you have done. There's not much more that can be done in this situation. Hopefully they won't follow through with their threats.

Please keep us updated.

Stay strong
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Resource Editor

I can't get enough

Re: !URGENT! - November 26th 2016, 01:53 AM

Usually people cry out for help and share their pain with others because they are truly hurting and don't know how to ask for help and receiving help scares them.

Most cases they have read your response and may or may not look into those resources.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: !URGENT! - November 26th 2016, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Usually people cry out for help and share their pain with others because they are truly hurting and don't know how to ask for help and receiving help scares them.

Most cases they have read your response and may or may not look into those resources.
Quote:
Hey there,

We cant report them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Brittany. View Post
Hi there,

I'm really sorry you're going through this. I know how stressful it can be as I was in a similar situation. All you can do from a distance is try as hard as you can to be there to listen and give them phone numbers for people to call which you have done. There's not much more that can be done in this situation. Hopefully they won't follow through with their threats.

Please keep us updated.

Stay strong
Brittany
Hey there, thanks to all of you for the help. Just to clarify, is it really Ok that I do not reach out to authorities? As I said, my parents want me to be done with this situation and to stop talking to this person.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: !URGENT! - November 26th 2016, 02:20 AM

If your parents won't allow you to call the police then there isn't a whole lot you can do. In an ideal situation you would be able to call the police and let them know what is going on. But, your parents are worried about you doing that. The best thing you can do is try and offer this person support and see if they will take you up on some of the suggestions they make. At the end of the day, if they won't take your help there isn't a lot you can do.

Best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: !URGENT! - November 26th 2016, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post
If your parents won't allow you to call the police then there isn't a whole lot you can do. In an ideal situation you would be able to call the police and let them know what is going on. But, your parents are worried about you doing that. The best thing you can do is try and offer this person support and see if they will take you up on some of the suggestions they make. At the end of the day, if they won't take your help there isn't a lot you can do.

Best of luck.
Well, I am hesitant about calling the police as well because of the difference in countries and the jurisdiction, but I still want to. My parents are very accepting and understanding people but when it comes to a situation like this they have a different way of thinking. He said if he actually thought the person was going to hurt himself then he would act differently, but now that there is a time frame I don't know what to do. I have tried to ask my dad over three times, like I said, so I don't know if it would be worth me trying to convince him again. Thanks.

Closed Thread