TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Free Range Cat Offline
Free Range Cat
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Louisa

Not Sure Help? - December 28th 2016, 09:34 PM

For the past few months I've been feeling quite sad and low and i get nervous really easily and I'm constantly paranoid if people are talking about me or laughing at me or something. Sometimes its worse than other times but its always hanging over my head. Im not sure if I'm depressed or I've got anxiety something and my parents told me that it wouldn't be for long and that i would feel better soon so i dont know if I'm making a big deal of things or there is something up? Quite a lot of stuff has happened over the past few years as my granny passed away last month, I've got exams in a couple of weeks and my mum has had severe M.E. for the past 3 years and can't leave the house. My dad also works away and is only home at the weekends. Over the past couple of weeks especially, I've been felling worse than before and i feel constantly paranoid and stressed and i have a very bad habit of overthinking things and inventing unreal situations in my head and its all adding up to make my life very unhappy. Sorry this is so long but i was wondering if anyone could help me? x

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FrozenRobot7 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Danielle

Re: Not Sure Help? - December 29th 2016, 02:55 AM

I can relate very closely with everything that you have said. My advice to you is to talk to people that aren't just your parents. I suggest a therapist. They are a neutral person in your life and can really help not just how you have been feeling, but also with everything that has gone on in your life. I know it might be hard to "come out" to your parents and say that you want a therapist, but I think it would benefit you greatly

I also think maybe talking to your friends might help too. You don't have to "overcome" such a big boundary with telling your parents, and your friends will always be there for.

I hope that you find help with what you are going through, and if you every need to talk just PM me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Free Range Cat Offline
Free Range Cat
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Louisa

Re: Not Sure Help? - December 29th 2016, 11:34 AM

thank you for replying I'll try and talk to my parents. 😊

Closed Thread