TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Come and disappear with me
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Courtney Winchester

Don't know what to do - January 13th 2017, 09:06 AM

So I have always suffered with depression and anxiety, which caused me to leave school way too early but it was fine and I got slightly better, forward a few years to when I tried to go to college, but I couldn't, I had a complete breakdown because I was too scared, so again I just left, this time around I didn't really get any better I got worse if anything but My sister persuaded me to go to college just for night class for GCSE science, i didn't panic at first that much and eventually it was ok, I still freaked out a lot and had panic attacks, but I could handle it but recently I've gotten so stressed because of it and I'm not sleeping or eating and crying all the time because of it, and i just don't feel well doing it, i really don't think i can handle it anymore, not to sound like I feel sorry for myself or anything, but I have enough going on in my life, I think the idea was a good one, but I don't think I'm ready or 'well' enough and now I don't know what to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
F3L Offline
F3L
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cerrina Foster

Red face Re: Don't know what to do - January 13th 2017, 10:47 PM

One of the struggles I've always faced is having a will stronger than my emotions, and it almost always causes me to slip after the first few days. And than finals come. Just don't let your limitations pull you back. If school is something you truly want to do, than take a few deep breaths, mediate, listen to some calming music, and you will be fine

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Don't know what to do - January 13th 2017, 11:18 PM

Hi Courtney,

I'm really sorry that you're currently going through this. I know how hard it can be sometimes. I had a hard time going back to school as well. Eventually I began to think to myself that I would be happier once I graduate college and get a good job. You will need support to get you through it. Most colleges offer counselors on campus which might be included in your tuition. That was one of my biggest supports through college.

I didn't think I was going to make it through my first year. I eventually got a proper diagnosis and was put on medication that helped me get through my last two years. So maybe you can try talking to your doctor? Let them know about how you feel? Maybe they can offer some support for you or guidance.

Stay strong,
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: Don't know what to do - January 14th 2017, 12:05 AM

Hi Courtney,

Like the others have said, sometimes people need more support than others to get through school and that's okay. I'm sorry that it's causing you such much stress though. Do you see anyone on campus about your struggles or do your professors know about how you've been feeling and how you struggle in class? A lot of times they can work with you in ways that make it a little less stressful on you and make it easier for you to succeed in the course. Talking to your doctor and getting an official note might help a little better. I know where I go to school they make a lot of accommodations like having someone who will take notes for you, extra time on exams and quizzes, and even taking exams outside of the normal class away from everyone in a quiet room with a proctor. Maybe you can see if these options work for you?

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

Closed Thread