TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mz.lonely96 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: melissa

dont know what to do! - May 22nd 2009, 02:22 AM

lately i been feeling like my life is spining out if control and there's nothing i could do about it. i feel like the only thing i have control of is cutting. i wish i could go talk to my friends about this but i feel like they wont understand how i feel. and if i talk to my parents they just wont get it. ever since their divorce its like they only see what going on in their life and nobody else. i just dont know what to do anymore!

…….......I’ve made mistakes in my life.
……...I’ve let people take advantage of me,
…….And I accepted way less than I deserve.
…..But I’ve learned from my bad choices and
..Even though there are some things I can never
…Get back and people that will never be sorry,
…………I’ll know better next time and
…I won’t settle for anything less than I deserve.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rhop101 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Robert

Re: dont know what to do! - May 22nd 2009, 04:14 AM

I think you really should tell a friend if you have a really close one tell them.
Just tell someone this is happening to you and this is how you feel.

My friend who was this girl I liked, I thought was perfectly fine, but she really was suicidally depressed and she told her best friend and her friend spoke up and she got help.

I don't really let myself like her anymore just so I can move on but it hit me really hard and I couldn't believe she was depressed she hid it really well.

But I'm ever grateful that her best friend spoke up i have no clue what i would have done to myself if my friend killed herself.

So please tell someone before its to late.

I actually freaked the girl I liked out and I was really mad at myself but I did after a couple of days tried talking to people about it my friends and they have really encouraged me.

I still do get sad, but its not permanent like it was for a couple months with me from december through february

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LiveLaughLove Offline
L☮VE = the answer (=
Not a n00b

Name: Simone

Re: dont know what to do! - May 22nd 2009, 04:28 AM

Hey Melissa.
I'm really sorry you feel that way... its pretty tough when your own life seems to be slipping out of your control. I'd really suggest stepping back and looking at what exactly you're feeling out-of-control about, though. Particular things, because maybe there really is something to do about at least a few of those things that're stressing you... not sure what they are, though, so its kind of a shot in the dark... but you can PM me aytime if you wana talk. Definitely though, even if SHing might feel like the only thing right now, its not. Especially if you can't say no to it. Is there anything that you really like to do? Usually when you've got something creative that you like doig, you can focus on it really well, and it becomes somethig you feel in control of. Its a good alternative (:And again, if you find that talking helps, my pm box is always open.
Peace&Love,
Simone.

PM anytime (: ................ ☮ ♥ ♪ ♫ la la di da : )
i am beautiful because that's how i see myself.
talented, because i have confidence in what i do.
scarred because at times, i couldn't take it.
strong, because one day, i chose to be.
loveable because i've learned to love myself.
and also because, same as everyone else,
i was born that way.

Closed Thread