TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Natalie27 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nat

Unhappy Lying about Feelings - March 7th 2017, 06:15 AM

I've been seeing a youth counsellor at my school on a weekly basis since February last year ever since my grandfather took his own life. I've been through 3 events of grief through my schooling and this most recent one has been the hardest. Grief got real difficult for me at once stage and I started harming so I speak to this guy like my own dad when I feel disconnected to him at homeMy counsellor outside of school FINALLY understood after a year of appts only recently that coping strategies really haven't been working. I don't see her all that often but more so that I attend school 5 days a week I see this youth counsellor often. The thing is, I may have got my wish that people are finally understanding but I'm still coming across as the most happiest and joyful person around at school and elsewhere and I'm not sure if I'm liking it. I'm basically lying to my school supports that everything is sure fine but in the inside by heart is aching and I'm tired of trying for everything. Now, I see this youth counsellor quite often so I no longer know what to say or do to get across how I'm feeling This guy is real genuine and I can talk to him about anything so please help! Thanks.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
danh19 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: daniel

Re: Lying about Feelings - March 7th 2017, 09:24 AM

I just want to say I glad he has helped you so much and I sure he knows how grateful you are

(#3 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Lying about Feelings - March 7th 2017, 07:34 PM

Hey Nat,

I think it is really go that you are seeing someone at your school to get help.

You are not alone in hiding your true feelings a lot of people do this, including myself. I feel like the best way to not lie about your true feelings is talking about how you really feel. Even if you hide the true you to everyone else but tell this person the truth it would help a lot.

I know that for me I am so used to hiding the true me that I don't even think about it anymore I just do it. One thing to do is try and pull down the mask a little bit at a time. Take it day by day so like one day instead of pretending to be happy and having a fake smile on maybe you don't smile and just let your face do natural things. If people ask if your okay you can still tell them your fine just know that you made a change by not smiling. Or maybe one day instead of answering every how are you with fine or good, say I could be better, or i am so so, something like that. Then if they ask you to explain you can explain or tell them you don't really feel like talking about it. Or you can even tell them when they ask you how you are you could say I don't feel like talking about it.

Tiny little steps to showing the true you could really help you come out of your shell. It takes a lot of practice. I honestly am still working on it. There is a couple of people at my college that I let see me breakdown or not happy and I talk to them. I think as long as you have someone you can show the real you too, then hiding your true self to other people isn't really a big problem.

I really hope this has helped a little bit. If you ever need someone to talk to, need to vent, need someone to listen, or just want to strike up a friendly conversation, my PM/VM is always open.

Your Friend,
Essa<3

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

Closed Thread