TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jordan1234 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Help me please - March 29th 2017, 02:27 PM

Honestly I just don't know what to do anymore for the last 10 years I have been trying to put up with everything I went through years of abuse as a child lost all my brothers and sisters i literally feel so alone I just don't know what to do anymore�� I've self harmed took drugs done everything to try and help the pain but nothing is fucking working I usually deal with my problems myself but I can't anymore please can someone help me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Help me please - March 29th 2017, 05:12 PM

Hi Jordan,

First of all, thank you for joining Teen Help. I hope we're able to give you the support you need during this difficult time.

A lot of users here have gone through a lot of depression spells, and have been low. I was actually going through a bad depression spell last night, and used my techniques I have to help make me feel better.

Are you currently seeing a therapist or a counselor at all? Have you talked to a trusted adult or a doctor about how you're feeling? They might be able to offer a safety plan to keep yourself safe when you're feeling alone and you're depressed. I have talked to a few of my friends, ones I know offline, and some of them have said that medication has saved their lives. Personally, my medication has saved my life on many different occasions. I would highly recommend talking to your doctor about this to see if he can put you on something that might help lift your spirits.

What I usually do when I feel down is I either go for a walk, play with my dog, watch a funny movie, write, try and make jokes with my friends, or play a video game.

Here is a link for TeenHelp's Safety Zone. It helps give you information on what to do if you're currently in a crisis.

We also have a list of hotlines that you can always try calling if you need a professional to talk to about how you're feeling.

There's also a thread in the Depression and Suicide forum, there's a list of Reasons to Live. I hope that these might help you feel better as well.

Lastly, here's a list of Self Harm Alternatives. I also use these when I'm feeling suicidal, so I am hoping you can find something to help distract your mind. I know the list is extremely long and can be overwhelming, but just do a couple at a time.

I hope some of these ideas help you feel better. You deserve to be happy. Don't forget we are always here for you. You have lots of support on here as well. We have lots of different types and areas that you can receive support from. Here's a list on how to receive support. .

Stay strong, you have lots of reasons to stay here, and you have lots of people who care about you and want you around. You know where to find me if you want.

Stay Strong,
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Re: Help me please - April 1st 2017, 02:21 PM

Hey there! I am scared that you might not have seen (or know how to view it) my PM about it, so I shall post it here again. I hope you dont give up on life, and know that we are here to try and help you!

>> I have been trying to put up with everything

- Keep going. I can imagine how hard it is for you to struggle this way. I dont know much about you, but it is very difficult indeed. But you are here, and i must say its a very good choice. You will get the support you need, and trust me, if I can go to where you are right now, I will try my best to cheer you up personally. Too bad I had to do this with a screen away.

You are strong. You manage to tell us your sadness and problems. You might not know this itself can be so difficult to others, you know? Like me. I want to commend you on this, and I hope you can keep telling us what you felt, because we, despite being non-professionals, knows how hard it is to go through these, and we don't want to see people around us to suffer the same way.

>> I went through years of abuse as a child lost all my brothers and sisters i literally feel so alone

- I am absolutely sorry for you. I wish I can go back in time to help you out as a child but I am so sorry I can't. All I can do, is to give you support here, and to encourage you to work for a happier life. Abuse can be very very traumatic, I never had it, but I saw how others stuggle so hard for it. I am sorry that I can't be of help, but I will keep trying to listen. Because letting your problems out to another person certainly helps!

I also absolutely understand how lonely you can be without having sibilings. I know. You will be staying at home, feeling no one you can talk to. Espcially when you are afraid of your parents, or they are always busy, its very easy to feel left out and unwanted. Its very depressing when you are at home but still felt alone and unsecure. I might not have expierenced how difficult it is to lose a sibling, but I am sure its very painful for you, and again I apologize for that. So what I and all others here can do, is to be your friend, and listen to your heart. We want you to know you are not alone, and definitely don't deserve to be alone.

>> I usually deal with my problems myself but I can't anymore please can someone help me

- You don't have to suffer in silence. You really don't have to. Do you know that I am glad that I can have a chance now to help you? Please dont torture yourself anymore. I am really sad to see you suffer this way. Why? Because I see my stupid self in you, who tries to hide every problem from others. The truth is I can't help myself, so I hope I can help others not to suffer the same way as I do. I am sure everyone here will try their best to help you!

Remember, you deserve hapiness. You can be happy again!

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.

Last edited by Thinking; April 4th 2017 at 09:23 AM.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Help me please - April 4th 2017, 09:08 AM

I don't know what to do.. other than let you know that I'm here as a friend if you need someone to rant to.

I'm here...

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic_ Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cass

Re: Help me please - April 4th 2017, 05:16 PM

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I can understand why you would be feeling the way that you do with everything that has happened to you. It sounds like the things you have tried are typically more on the negative side, i.e. the drug use and self-harm. The issue with those types of coping mechanisms is that they never last long until you're feeling like crap again. I'm curious if you have tried counseling? Having someone to talk to on a regular basis and help sort out everything that has happened is really good. They also can offer you healthy and positive coping mechanisms that will help you become a better and happier person.

I know that life seems really tough right now but it will get better. Just keep hanging in there and if you want to talk about anything please feel free to private message me or at any time.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MintyMary Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help me please - April 4th 2017, 06:56 PM

*bearhug* I know the feeling. Here's the thing, we are survivors, we have survived everything that has come at us so far as we try to make our way through this crazy thing of a life. And we are stronger for it! As Dory from Finding Nemo likes to say, "You just have to keep on swimming!" And as someone who knows from experience, it will get better. It just takes time. If you have a chance to go to therapy, take it! It helped me a lot. I hope you feel better soon. You are amazing, don't forget it!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount16

Edit avatar

Re: Help me please - April 5th 2017, 08:30 PM

Hi there, Jordan.

I'm sorry to hear about everything you have been through the past 10 years.

Would you want to or feel comfortable opening up about what you mean by losing your brothers and sisters? I want you to know that you're more than welcome to go into more detail to get this weight off your chest. You can message me if you want to talk more privately. The abuse you went through on top of everything else must have been excruciating. I hope you are safe now, away from people who are abusive to you.

Considering everything that you went through I can understand why you would turn to other methods to cope, and it is positive that you did put effort into coping. But self-harm and drugs doesn't truly help you, it just brings you down even more. I know it is hard if you have been relying on drugs and self-harm to deal with difficult emotions, memories and life events but I suggest looking into healthier ways to cope. Recognizing what triggers you to self-harm and use drugs can help, because then you can create a plan to keep yourself safe from those two methods of coping and utilize something else until the urges pass. For example, an adult coloring book. They're relaxing and can help you calm down without hurting yourself until the urges fade. From there, you can search for other ways to cope such as via hobbies and creative outlets, or journaling about your feelings, thoughts and memories to get them out somewhere.

Things can become very difficult to cope with, and hard to escape from but there are certain things you can't escape from and as hard as it is, it is important to open up about it and face it head on to keep it from always being on your mind. I understand you are used to dealing with problems on your own so it may be hard to open up to someone else, but it can help greatly. Is there anyone in your personal life whom you can go to for support? Other than that, professional help such as a therapist or counselor could be greatly beneficial. I know reaching out may be scary, but remind yourself that you have been through a lot and it's unfair to yourself to expect yourself to deal with all of this alone. Asking for help is okay.

One thing I do want to ask is if you have been to church? I have recently been attending church often, and it's filled my heart with a lot of love and warmth, and has aided me in figuring how who I am and which paths to take. Surrounding yourself with people who will encourage you to seek positive paths, and love you and support you through your process can be positive for you and help you a lot. I still struggle but I find that I am at more peace knowing God loves me, and letting Him take the reigns when it is too hard for me. To simply trust in Him knowing everything will work out somehow even if it's a long difficult process. There's always a rainbow after the storm.

Another thing to always remind yourself that you can get through this. Take it one day at a time and be kind to yourself. Step by step. Create a list of goals and things you wish to do in your future, and begin shaping it how you want it to be. You've got a lot of life ahead of you and there are so many extraordinary days ahead of you worth holding on for. You are worth holding on for so stay strong and know that you can reach out here anytime if you need support, kindness and a listening ear. You're welcome to message me anytime. Take care and hang in there, Jordan.

Closed Thread