TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ikigai Offline
la razón de vivir en japonés
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sue

Whatever - April 15th 2017, 09:46 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey.
Today I contacted a person that's very important to me. I don't really want to reveal all the details of the conversation, but I hadn't talked to that person for around 8 months.
I'm feeling so bad right now. I don't know what to do. After the talk I felt as if I was insane. I really wanted to self-harm and I didn't because I didn't have any tools and I'm visiting my family rn and there's barely any privacy here.
At first I was feeling like sh, just as I mentioned, but now I'm only feeling empty. Everything seems senseless after that conversation. I love a lot of things in this world and I wouldn't like to leave it, but I don't know how to go on at this point...

Nada es verdad, todo está permitido

Last edited by Ikigai; April 17th 2017 at 08:46 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Whatever - April 16th 2017, 06:30 AM

I'm sorry that conversation was a bit overstimulating for you.

Perhaps it was too much information for the brain to comfortably handle.

Do you have a safe place or safe person you can go to when you need some down time to unwind?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
paxvan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Whatever - April 16th 2017, 07:41 PM

If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here.
Also don't worry, it's perfectly fine.
I have a similar situation to yours, and I feel like shit, too.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ikigai Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Whatever - April 17th 2017, 08:50 PM

I'm sorry that conversation was a bit overstimulating for you.

Perhaps it was too much information for the brain to comfortably handle.

Do you have a safe place or safe person you can go to when you need some down time to unwind?

I don't.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ikigai Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Whatever - April 23rd 2017, 01:02 PM

today i made my Dad cry because of the way i behaved. i just wanted to be alone and didnt want him to go with me. but i didnt want everything to turn out like that either. its all just hopeless i guess.
i cant believe a week has passed already.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount16

Edit avatar

Re: Whatever - April 25th 2017, 08:38 PM

Hey there, Sue.

I'm sorry to hear about this conversation. Considering you haven't spoken to that person for about 8 months, I can see how it would bring up strong feelings, especially depending on what topics the conversation covered. I understand and respect the fact that you don't want to go into the details of the conversation, but if you feel like you need to talk about it you can PM me, okay? I don't mind listening and will keep it between you and me.

In a way I am glad you weren't able to self-harm at that time because it allowed you an experience you were able to stay safe in. Is there anything that helps calm you or distract you when you're feeling that way, with self-harm urges in the mix? Coloring can be relaxing if that's something you enjoy.

Many of us have behaved rudely and upset those around us when we are feeling so low, so be kind to yourself, okay? It may seem like a mess now, but it may be very beneficial to talk to your dad. You could apologize for upsetting him and explain you just wanted to be alone, and from there on it'd be great to talk about how you've been feeling lately. Do you think you can talk about that with your dad? You can start small by simply saying you've felt depressed, and if he seems supportive you can go into the deeper issues such as the thoughts you've been having and the self-harm. If talking verbally is too difficult you can write him a note.

Emptiness can be a difficult feeling to have, and it can influence almost every single thought by making each action and even life itself seem pointless. That isn't the truth though. I understand it feels like you don't know what direction to go in at this point and aren't sure how to go on, but life is worth it. You mentioned you love a lot of things in this world; write down those things on a list for when you need positive reminders. And even write down goals and experiences you'd like to have in your life. Things will get better, okay? You can do this, Sue.

You can message me anytime - my inbox is always open to you. Take care and hold on, take it one day at a time.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Whatever - April 25th 2017, 08:48 PM

I'm here for you, and I wanna help you out.

I'll be pm-ing you.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread