TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Special Agent Offline
Live Help Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Junior

Depressed.... - April 25th 2017, 03:13 AM

I am feeling really depressed tonight and I do not know why..... I am just not happy and its killing me I try to be happy and put on a smile everyday but there is always a part of me thats not happy. I hate this I hate that I cannot figure out what wrong.....

I am not making any sense I am sorry

-Jr.

"your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."

-Nido Qubein

Live Help Mentor | HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Depressed.... - April 25th 2017, 04:32 AM

Hi Junior,

I'm sorry that you're feeling this way. I completely understand how hard it is to pretend you're happy when everything is falling apart on the inside. I'm glad you've decided to reach out for some advice. I don't know exactly what's going on in your life, or why you're on leave, but it must be something big to make you feel this way. Have you talked to anyone about how you're feeling and why you're feeling that way? Has something happened recently that's making you feel this way? Have you tried doing activities that you like to distract your mind?

I had a rough couple of weeks and I took a break from everything, including TeenHelp, to focus on myself. I watched a lot of TV during that week. Maybe you could try watching funny movies/TV shows, or going out for fresh air and exercise? Can you try joining a club?

I hope you start feeling better soon. It's terrible fighting with your own mind every day. Keep your chin up, things will get better.

Stay Strong,
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Re: Depressed.... - April 25th 2017, 07:57 AM

Its okay... Its okay, dont even say sorry, and we are always here to support you okay?

Anything you feel makes sense. Or in a better word, you dont have to care whether it make sense or not, because they are your feelings, and they are valid. Depression has the power to make you think that you feel sad on little things or even nothing, but ultimately there is a reason for you to be depressed, and you are definitely not the cause of it.

I am very sorry to hear you felt this way. It must be horrible when you always have a sad self behind the smiles. It must be difficult...

I really dont know what to advice you to do to be happy, because I am also struggling the same thing as well. But remember, all of us here are your friends and will always try our best to listen and help you when you need.

But I know one thing, is that there are days which you can be happy, no matter how tough it is. There are always little beautiful things around you that you can notice and appreciate them. There are the people who care for you and whom you care for, they are your strength to keep you going. And depression can be fixed, when your life starts to get happier, depression will go away by itself.

I know you can do this. All of us here will witness how you fight with it and be happy again!

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Depressed.... - April 25th 2017, 08:43 PM

I understand how you feel... I know how hard it is to be happy these days because someone i know in real life keeps giving me her piece of mind when she's angry because she can't deal with helping me, but I guess she probably doesn't know how hard it is.... Life has been tough for me too.

But I wanna let you know that I'm here for you... I'll try to help you to the fullest of my powers, with whatever I have, with everything I have left.. because you deserve happiness.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount16

Edit avatar

Re: Depressed.... - April 25th 2017, 08:53 PM

Hey there, Junior.

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. Since I've seen you go on leave I had wondered if you were okay.

Has anything happened recently to make you feel this way? Any event, experience or something someone did/said that made you feel this way? Memories brought to the surface? Depression doesn't always have a reason attached to it and that's okay, but if there is a specific cause then it's important to identify it. Keeping a journal of what you did that day as well as journaling your thoughts and feelings throughout the day can be helpful, not only to see if there's any connections but also to express your feelings. Sometimes writing down your feelings and thoughts can help decrease the intensity.

Is there anyone you can talk to about this? Family or friends? I am wondering if you have a counselor or therapist? Therapy may be beneficial to you. Depression can decrease your motivation and energy significantly but it can help a lot to maintain a daily schedule and include exercise, hygiene and proper nutrition. It won't necessarily 'cure' depression but it can help greatly. Immersing yourself in hobbies you enjoy can be helpful, as well as exploring new hobbies. You never know when you'll discover something you are passionate about that you can implement in your everyday life.

There is no need to apologize. What you posted does make sense, and even if not, when we're feeling so low it can be difficult to put our thoughts and feelings in an organized paragraph. You did fantastic, so no worries, okay? Focus on taking care of yourself and take it one day at a time. It will get easier, you can do this!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Special Agent Offline
Live Help Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Junior

Re: Depressed.... - April 26th 2017, 06:22 PM

I have been having a hard time at work lately but I just quit that job and I am going to be starting at another company soon. I do have a counselor but I do not really see her much anymore because I never have time.

I am hoping that once I start my new job things will get better but it seems like everytime things get better for me something else happens that fucks everything up.

-Jr.

"your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."

-Nido Qubein

Live Help Mentor | HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Depressed.... - April 26th 2017, 06:42 PM

Have faith that things will get better.... and try not to repeat any mistakes you've made in the past.

I do know that for you, it'll be okay again... if you need to rant about anything, I'm here and we're all here.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount16

Edit avatar

Re: Depressed.... - April 26th 2017, 10:54 PM

Hi there, Junior!

I'm sorry to hear you've been having a hard time at work lately, but I'm glad you did quit and will be starting a new job soon. When do you start if you don't mind me asking? I'm hoping it is soon so that you can be in a healthier work environment.

That's great that you do have a counselor, but I understand how work among other things in life would cause it to be difficult to continue seeing her. I'm wondering if the hours at your new job will be any different to be able to see your counselor more often? Some therapists allow you to have appointments via Skype or phone if that's available and is something you'd be interested in.

I feel it is a very good possibility that with the changes of a new job, things will get better. I know it can sometimes seem like when something improves, another negative thing happens which can be very frustrating. But remember that eventually things will look up and get better. I think a lot of the negative experiences we go through are trials of some sort, that give us experience and help strengthen us. I do know it can be overwhelming, though. Which is why you have us for support, okay?

I hope your first day goes well and that things do look up soon. Take care, Junior!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
PiraPurple Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Depressed.... - April 27th 2017, 04:08 AM

Hey there! Cheer up, don't let the blues get into you, you've got your friends, your family and everyone here ready to help you. Feel free to share why you feel that way, while you are contemplating your thoughts taking a bite of a bar of dark chocolate could help.

Closed Thread