TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
msfsteven Offline
Average Joe

convinced it's the only option - April 30th 2017, 06:20 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i'm convinced dying is the only way out. in February i got scabies from sleeping with someone (not sex) and haven't been able to get rid of it. i've done literally everything to get rid of them, and they still keep coming back. disinfect everything, wash clothes, sheets, vacuum, clean everywhere. i have to do this every day and it doesn't even work. there's nothing doctors can do that i haven't already tried, plus i can't even afford to. on top of that, i'm already so depressed about having a dead end job, never being able to find someone who cares about me, the last person i was with beat me up. i'm isolated, and now, i think i've contracted hand warts from my brother and i haven't even left the house other than work, so everyday is a constant loop. washing, cleaning, working, trying to get rid of scabies, being depressed, working a job i don't like. and nothing is working. i'm literally going to kill myself if this keeps on! and the thing that bothers me is there's no way out of this and all people can say is "go to the doctor" or "go to another doctor". even the people i thought were smarter. i'm becoming a different person, i just cant wait to end it.
  Send a message via Skype™ to msfsteven 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: convinced it's the only option - April 30th 2017, 07:43 AM

You're isolated.

That's bad. That's ruining your health.

Find a support group. Check for a local NAMI group. A local DBSA group. A local mental health organization. A local church group. A local meetup.com group. A local volunteermatch.com group. Maybe join a sport team. I'm not very good at coming up with ideas, but you got to get connected with other people somehow. It will greatly ease the emotional part of the brain and that will in turn improve your body health like magic.

Do you know someone who uses drugs? Go to a Nar-anon or Families Anonymous group. Do you know an alcoholic? Go to an Al-Anon group. Ask the hospital if there's a local depression support group.

Sorry I don't know a specific solution. I just know, get out there where people will meet you. Your health will improve. Maybe join a Buddhist church where they do chanting. It's mindless, and that's the point, it clears the mind of depression. Or they do meditation, which is also healthy for the brain, and you get to be with people.

Where do people hang out in your community?

Oh and if you're so depressed you want to die then go see a doctor and try some antidepressant medication because it's not normal to be that depressed and depression is a condition of the body (which I know doesn't make any sense but I've experienced it myself which is how I know. The problem isn't with the picture, the problem is with the camera.) Best wishes. Yes there is another way out. Once the depression lifts the body will heal itself.

Get a little sunlight, do a 20 minute walk, get around people, find other people who've been depressed, they will understand and they want to help you. I swear about 10% of the population have been there, they're everywhere!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
msfsteven Offline
Average Joe

Re: convinced it's the only option - April 30th 2017, 07:53 AM

yes, let me join a sports team so i can give scabies to them! support groups are not going to help me get rid of them, nor will it make me happier talking about problems that i can't solve! i get sunlight, i get exercise, i talk to people. but it doesn't help. i even do daily meditation, affirmations,
subliminal affirmations, smiling to make my body feel better. that's just extra shit that doesn't solve anything!!!
  Send a message via Skype™ to msfsteven 
Closed Thread