TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

I don't feel any emotion anymore. - May 10th 2017, 10:55 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Basically.. I don't feel anything anymore.

Help.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1283863 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: I don't feel any emotion anymore. - May 10th 2017, 08:40 PM

Hey,

I've seen a few posts here from you before, so I'm so sorry that you're still struggling so much. I think it's great that you keep coming back to let out your feelings and get some support though. Although you're struggling, especially with a lack of emotion right now, the fact you feel comfortable reaching out here is really great so I hope that the support is helping, even if it's just letting you know you're not alone. You should know that lots of people here really care, myself included. You can get through this.

Have you tried telling anyone in real life how you're feeling? It might help to get some suggestions from the people who know you as they know best what might help you.

Otherwise, I'd suggest doing some of the things you used to enjoy as this may help spark something inside you and give you some sort of emotional feeling again. Is there a hobby you used to have? Perhaps a sport or a pastime which you have done in the past which you may have lost touch with? If not, perhaps there is a friend or family member whose company you enjoy. You could try giving them a call or going out for a coffee and a catch up. This will keep your mind occupied and hopefully give you a reason to smile.

If you can't think of anything off the top of your head, you could try thinking of things in the moment which are positive. I find that sometimes I can get so caught up in not being happy that I forget all of the beautiful things around me. Maybe take 5 minutes and just sit and think about some of the things which are good. For example, you could write a list of five things every day which make you feel better. Cute animals, friendships, family, the sunrise, the nice weather. No matter how small they are, just reminding yourself of these can make a difference. Try and think of 5 new things every day, and then, when you're feeling a bit low, you can go back and look at the list and remind yourself that there are reasons and ways to be happy.

I hope this helps a bit. Stay strong, I believe in you!

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Special Agent Online
Live Help Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Junior

Re: I don't feel any emotion anymore. - May 11th 2017, 03:19 AM

Hey,

Sorry to hear that you are struggling I can relate to being numb. I am here if you want to talk about it feel free to PM me!

-Jr.

-Jr.

"your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."

-Nido Qubein

Live Help Mentor | HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: I don't feel any emotion anymore. - May 11th 2017, 04:44 AM

I have tried doing those things, but I feel nothing without her beside me... She was the only permanent thing out there.

I have already tried everything... everything..

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: I don't feel any emotion anymore. - May 11th 2017, 04:54 AM

Look mate,
I'm sorry if this is harsh, but I think you need to hear it. She didn't bring you happiness. Its not like she had a massive needle of happiness she jabbed into your arm; you gave yourself that happiness.
I understand its hard to move on, especially since you mentioned you didn't have many friends earlier. I understand how you feel since I was in a similar boat. Thing is, you gotta tell yourself that you need to move on.
Try doing something silly. That really helped me. So I would, for example, spend an evening jumping around my room, speaking like a chipmunk. Or I would take a toy car, and like a kid, imagine I was making it race over the mountains or whatever. Doing stuff like that really helps.
Plus, I started doing things that I enjoyed. I really think you should try to find something you enjoy or enjoyed, and go back to it. It can be writing, playing music, or cooking or whatever. Just start doing that, and gradually, it should give you a little bit of peace.
Also, try meditation. It is really a great way of finding peace, and being able to let go. Journalling is another option.
I hope this helps. And really, remember, that you can get better, just believe in yourself.
Feel free to PM if you want to talk.

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I can't get enough

Name: Kav

Re: I don't feel any emotion anymore. - May 11th 2017, 05:12 AM

Hey,

I am sorry you are struggling. I have seen your posts around and I realise it has become extremely hard for you to move on from your friend. Truth is, this is unhealthy. Friendships happen, some last and some don't. Sticking around waiting for someone to return is only going to harm you. This might sound harsh, but your friend has moved on with her life and now it is time for you to move on to. People do care for you and they love you but their love and care does not matter if you don't love and care for yourself. I understand you are struggling and people have given you a lot of advice which does not seem to have worked for you. You need to take one step at a time, go one day at a time to move on from this. I am sure you have realised that moving on is your best option.

I know you feel she brought happiness in your life. A lot of times we associate a certain person with a certain emotion and when we lose that person, we lose our sense of that emotion. There are small things in life that bring happiness and you just need to find those sources. Look back to the time when you were happy. Apart from your friend's company, what else did you enjoy? Look back and think about your favourite movie, a favourite hobby. Anything that made you smile. Do small things that distract you from thoughts of your friend. I understand it is hard initially but over time you will get used to it. You need to make an effort though.

Talk to someone in real life. Tell them about your feelings and your problems. You could also keep a journal of how you are feelings. Writing helps put things into perspective. List the feelings and emotions you feel in a day. Every happy emotion counts. If you smile looking at the sunrise, write down that you smile because every smile counts. Make a list of all those things that make you happy and try doing them on a daily basis.

I have been in your place. I lost a really good friend to a misunderstanding and things were never the same again. It took me a long time to move on from the friendship. Taking one day at a time I tried to do things to distract myself from thoughts of loneliness. I read books that made me happy, binge-watched on TV shows to distract myself. I got out, joined a hobby class and made new friends. It's been years since this incident and I now look back to that friendship and remember the positive memories.

For you to reach a point where this friendship becomes a happy memory and not the cause for your everyday sadness, you need to make an effort. You always tell people to be positive. You always tell people to fight. It is time you do it for yourself. You are a great person and we all love you. We know you care for us, you have made it evident in your encouraging messages to many of us. I know for a fact that you helped me out during my worst times and I am sure a lot of other people will vouch for this.

You have done so much to help others and now it is time for you to help yourself. We can give you suggestions and ideas but you need to make an effort to try them and make them work. I am not saying everything will go away in a day. Moving on is a slow process and it will take time but you need to go out there and try to live your life for yourself.

A lot of suggestions have been given to you in the past week so I won't repeat them. I know some of them may not have worked. Giving up on them is not going to help. If one suggestion does not work, try a different one.

We are all here for you. We all want you to get better but nothing will work if you don't help yourself.

I am just a message away if you need someone to talk to. <3

Kav.

"Being happy isn't about having everything in your life perfect. Maybe it is about stringing together all the little things."

Community Mentor | HelpLINK Access | LiveHelp Access | Forum Moderator

3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: I don't feel any emotion anymore. - May 11th 2017, 06:07 PM

I've tried a lot of them .. thanks. None of them worked.
Kav and tort, thanks so much.

I hope that I'll be happy soon. I'm hoping that everyone around me will be happier than me..

screwdriverneedsgas

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: I don't feel any emotion anymore. - May 12th 2017, 08:13 AM

I know that friendships are precious jewels that should never be broken.. especially if you are in my situation. Now that it is already broken beyond repair.... I'm feeling very.. down.

screwdriverneedsgas

Last edited by Green Yoshi; May 12th 2017 at 08:34 AM.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I can't get enough

Name: Kav

Re: I don't feel any emotion anymore. - May 12th 2017, 09:09 AM

Hey,

Friendships are definitely precious, I won't deny that but the truth is sometimes friendships run their course. Sometimes they don't last and it doesn't do to dwell on it. It is okay to grieve a broken friendship for a while because it is normal to miss someone who was a part of your life on a regular basis. But to actually put your entire life on hold for someone who did not think twice before you leaving you alone, is just ruining your own life.

When I lost a really good friendship (the one that I mentioned earlier as well) my mother said something that I will remember all my life. She told me, "When you go all out to be friends with someone, it only works if the other person comes out to meet you half way. If the other person takes you for granted and leaves you without as much as an explanation or a chance to reconcile, it just means that they were never really your true friend." This statement actually holds a lot of value in my life and has helped me maintain healthy friendships.

I know you don't want to let go of your friend. I understand how you are feeling but the truth is, as it has been repeated time and again, it is time for you to let go. You really need to seek help from someone to move on with your life.

I wish there was something I could say and do to make things better for you. I hate to see you struggle so much and I really hope that you will realise that you are worth a lot more than this. <3

Kav.

"Being happy isn't about having everything in your life perfect. Maybe it is about stringing together all the little things."

Community Mentor | HelpLINK Access | LiveHelp Access | Forum Moderator

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: I don't feel any emotion anymore. - May 12th 2017, 09:20 AM

We shall see. I only hope that others won't feel the way I do because .... I don't see things getting better for me.

screwdriverneedsgas

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: I don't feel any emotion anymore. - May 12th 2017, 08:47 PM

Hey there,

Kav and Tort have already made great points about not relying on a friendship to bring you happiness, so I won't really add on to that. But, I do want to give you a little bit of encouragement that it WILL get better.

Recently, one of my best friends made the decision to leave my life. In all honesty, I'm still not entirely sure why she did. One day, I just found that I was blocked on all forms of social media and I stopped hearing from her. As much as it hurt when it first happened, I've reached a point where I can now look at what the friendship was and be thankful for the memories and the things that I learned through it, while learning how to move on with my life. As Kav said, some friendships do just run their course, but there is always something that we can take from those and use towards our own personal growth.

It might not seem like it right now, but things really will improve. You'll make other friends and build strong relationships with the people who are meant to be a part of your life. For the time being, why not try to focus on yourself and practicing things like self-care? The more time you invest in yourself and your needs, the better you will start to feel. It's honestly one of the healthiest things that you can do when times are tough.

It'll all get better. I'm sure of that.

Take care,
Sammi

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: I don't feel any emotion anymore. - May 13th 2017, 04:49 AM

i have tried that, but it feels very empty without her.

As for me, I never had anyone like her around . I have tried living without her But.. But...

screwdriverneedsgas

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Re: I don't feel any emotion anymore. - May 13th 2017, 04:04 PM

But you feel empty without her right?

First, it is possible to live without her. You had done so for many years before you met her. It is possible.

But I know, you are in a lot of pain to lose her because she brought you a lot of happiness. You feel that its impossible to live without her. You cannot stand the "fact" (that you think is true) that you lost that happiness that you couldn't find from others before you met her. You don't want to live as horrible with those days before you met her. You think its impossible to find happiness without her anymore.

I want to tell you that no, it is possible. I am not saying you will live without having a good friend, but that good friend can change with time and it doesn't have to be her.

I can imagine your frustration and sadness of losing a very special friend like her, but this cannot last forever. It has been many months! It cannot be a reason to destroy your whole life. Its your life, not hers! You are stronger than horrible things like these!

You dont have to live in pain all these while. You can get up and find new people. I know you told me how the people are horrible. I understand how depressing this can be. I know.

But if you want to find true happiness, you need patience. Genuine nice person will enter your life again, who will match the kindness you have. Look, kind people like you are easily hurt by horrible people around you, but when you met a nice person as kind as you do, you will find real happiness.

It is possible. And I understand why you feel not like waiting anymore. I know you want to give up. But before that, remember we are here for you too. We are just behind your computer screen, but we are doing exactly what a good friend will do for you. If only we can pop out from your screen, we are more than glad to do so to make you suffer less.

But you dont have to suffer. Really. Horrible people do not stand a place in you to hurt you. You should forget about horrible people, and move on to find great people like you. They are rare, but that's simply because kind people as kind as you are rare too, but it worth the time and effort to find them.

You don't wait that person to appear. YOU FIND THEM WHILE THEY FIND YOU! You need to make an effort to find happiness, which in your case, a good friend. Dont give up! The "everything" you see from your eyes, might not be actually be everything! We are here to tell you more about what's outside your "everything"! It can be hard to accept it, its okay, but promise that you will try again slowly, okay? I am sure you will find a good friend, or even better than her one day.

And before this happens, we are always here to support you to keep going. Things can, and will be better for you.

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: I don't feel any emotion anymore. - May 14th 2017, 01:03 AM

I am trying my best. But I don't have any determination anymore.

I don't have the patience anymore.. I am extremely pained and sad. If I don't find anyone...

screwdriverneedsgas

Closed Thread