TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while
********
 
Green Yoshi's Avatar
 
Name: carwithnogas
Gender: Male
Location: Cute Dinosaur Island!

Posts: 1,885
Blog Entries: 18
Join Date: January 13th 2011

I find it pointless. - May 17th 2017, 05:51 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I can't really say how I really feel because it will trigger people.

But all that I can say is that I have fully given up on life..

I'm sorry, everyone.


It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.



rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
roseegirl Offline
Wanderlust girl
Average Joe
***
 
roseegirl's Avatar
 
Name: Ravioli
Gender: Female

Posts: 103
Join Date: August 17th 2016

Re: I find it pointless. - May 17th 2017, 06:25 AM

Hey, you can do this! We all care about you and are here to support you!


Remember: It's called a tunnel because there's always a light at the end
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while
********
 
Green Yoshi's Avatar
 
Name: carwithnogas
Gender: Male
Location: Cute Dinosaur Island!

Posts: 1,885
Blog Entries: 18
Join Date: January 13th 2011

Re: I find it pointless. - May 17th 2017, 06:27 AM

But will things get better? Will someone like her come into my life again?

I don't see happiness in my future...


It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.



rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict
************
 
Fading Light.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Starship ranger
Location: Hatchetfield

Posts: 9,216
Blog Entries: 57
Join Date: September 20th 2009

Re: I find it pointless. - May 17th 2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Yoshi View Post
But will things get better?
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Yoshi View Post
Will someone like her come into my life again?
No.

That friendship was important to you, but the fact that it's over now doesn't mean you'll never be happy again. And, as much as you may wish otherwise, you're never going to have that exact same relationship with someone again - because now you've got all this ''extra'' stuff, all this grief over losing ''her'' and all the other difficulties that occur when you lose a friend, as well as the potential to project your feelings about ''her'' onto anyone else you may become such good friends with. But remember that being happy is not synonymous with having a best friend. Sure, it's great to have people around us who care and will be there for us when we need it, but at the end of the day we only have ourselves. If you can't learn to be happy when you're alone, then you're never going to be truly happy around other people... because deep down you know it's only temporary. You need to be responsible for your own happiness - and, more importantly, your own wholeness. That way you'll get this kind of inner peace that comes from knowing that you are in charge of yourself, and that you can handle whatever happens, regardless of who is in your life at the time.


if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Last edited by Fading Light.; May 18th 2017 at 01:44 AM. Reason: I proofread I promise.
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Everglow.'s Avatar
 
Name: Hollie
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: London

Posts: 4,758
Blog Entries: 718
Join Date: January 19th 2011

Re: I find it pointless. - May 17th 2017, 10:57 AM

I've seen a lot of your posts around this forum and you get a lot of responses from people who genuinely care and worry about you. I'm sorry that you seem to have lost someone really important to you. Honestly, I think a LOT of people here can understand how it feels to lose a really close friend. But that person wasn't your life. Nobody else gives as much meaning to your life as you do yourself. It is hard, but moving on is always really difficult.

Don't ever give up because someone who was there, now isn't. Sadly, life is full of losses and heartbreak but if we gave in every time we lost an important person to us, there would be a lot of people here today, who wouldn't be.

It isn't easy. I do understand. But you're important too. Chess put it so brilliantly above and I agree completely with everything they had to say, so I really can't say much more than that. I just hope you can come to realise how LOVED and IMPORTANT you are as a person, not just as a person with a best friend.


❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while
********
 
Green Yoshi's Avatar
 
Name: carwithnogas
Gender: Male
Location: Cute Dinosaur Island!

Posts: 1,885
Blog Entries: 18
Join Date: January 13th 2011

Re: I find it pointless. - May 17th 2017, 11:01 AM

Thanks chess and hollie..

Thing is i was really lonely as a kid and I didn't have many happy experiences.. until she came into my life.. i guess.

I'm trying my best, but I think I'm losing.

I hope that she returns or someone like her returns soon..


It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.



rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
TheAtomicBlade's Avatar
 
Name: Tortellini
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Location: Executor Star Ship

Posts: 950
Join Date: May 7th 2016

Re: I find it pointless. - May 17th 2017, 11:24 AM

OK Yoshi.
I've said this a lot of times before. Its. Time. To. Move. On.
Yes I get it was awful you didn't have many great experiences, and it hurts. I really understand. But look, no one gives you happiness. Love, friendship, etc etc; they make you feel better sure, but unless you bring happiness for yourself they won't solve the problem.
I'm going to recommend meeting a therapist. It will really help.
Also, try meeting new people. No enters your life by being dropped in. You've gotta interact and see how it goes. Sure it'll take time and effort but it will happen.
I know this probably sounds crazy harsh, but its the truth.
Hope you pull through.


PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while
********
 
Green Yoshi's Avatar
 
Name: carwithnogas
Gender: Male
Location: Cute Dinosaur Island!

Posts: 1,885
Blog Entries: 18
Join Date: January 13th 2011

Re: I find it pointless. - May 17th 2017, 12:02 PM

I'm trying my extreme best.

Thanks.


It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.



rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Thinking's Avatar
 
Name: Ivan
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Location: Teenhelp

Posts: 343
Blog Entries: 67
Join Date: February 19th 2017

Re: I find it pointless. - May 17th 2017, 03:40 PM

(Triggering (Suicide) warning for the post below, because I didn't "sweet package" for the suicide issues below. I will remove this post if needed)

Before I start, make sure you read this completely from the beginning to the end. Since conventional advices are not working on you at all, I will give you something different. You can hate me after reading this or even think that I am horrible and ugly. Its okay. I know how much I want to help you, so I dont mind. If reading this can make you understand how things work, I would rather let you hate me, than you suffer in the way you are right now. Remember, I will never give up on you, even if it means I have to try unorthodox things like these that you might hate me forever. But even if this doesnt work, dont give up, okay?

A) First, I will be the "regular people", telling you the harshest but the truest facts about life. I will try my best to motivate you. But I want to really tell you that the facts are cruel, but very true for most of the time.

...................................

1. Life is tough, but you musn't think its tough.

Because if you think life is tough, it will never be not tough for you. You need to know that life is difficult most of the time, but you also need to have the strength to not think that its tough. When difficulties arrives, you dont just rant and stuck by it. Think! Think of all the possible things you can to try fix it. Here is the point: If you think tried everything, slap yourself to wake up from that dream. You haven't tried enough. Because no problems are unsolvable. There must be a way out of it, and if you dont see it, you keep stuck by it. Thats all. Untill you see a way to get out of it, then only you realize you had't tried enough all these while! Human evolve to be strong, adaptable to harsh conditions, and solve difficult challenges. This is how we improve. If I throw you into a dessert, you just lay there and wait for death? No. You should strive every bit of water and food you have to survive. It is extreme, but one day being alive means one day you can find a way out of it. You have to be strong and not give up! And yes, life is tough, you will constantly face difficulties, challenges, and unfortnate things, but you must never surrender to them. If you do then you lose and fail. You will only get out of failures untill you learn how to grin your teeth, stand up, face all the difficulties you have. If you don't improve, of course things will still stay this way, and you are ranting that nothing around you improved? You have two choices: Be strong, or weak. If you want to stick to weakness and keep saying that life is tough and you are enough of it, then its up to you to end it, and no one can help you. But you said you want happiness and you dont want to die. So be strong! You need to fix yourself! Remember, its the evolutionary principle after all: Strong survives, weak eliminates. So to survive, you have ONLY one choice, be strong. Be VERY strong! And the truth is that you are strong. Your feelings are clouding that truth. You never know how strong you are, when being strong is really your only choice!

2. No one will fix you before you do.

Now listen here. You are the only person in your life. Yes, in theory you are always alone. You are initially alone in your life, and you open your eyes to see other people around you. You can be happy seeing them with you, and you can be happy for the fact that people are around you. But NEVER dependent your happiness on anyone. Fortunately, life is very kind to each of us. Yes, I am saying its VERY KIND to us, that we can have great friends around us, that makes us not feel alone. We can share happiness to them and be happy to be around them. But never take it for granted. All your happiness are up to you yourself. No one can give it or take it away from you. No friends can give you true happiness. No friend is responsible for your broken heart. If they leave you, you can have a broken heart, but thats because you are weak at the moment! Then what you should do, is not telling others you have a broken heart. You should mend that YOURSELF. Yes, yourself. Again, life is very kind to us. When we are sad, there are people to comfort us. There are people who are willing to do the first step of healling your heart. But if you dont continue that effort, you are wasting oppoturninties. This is precisely what it means by you dont get all happiness you could have. And when life is harsher, such a person may not exist. So you keep do nothing and be sad? Depressed and hate the fact that no one helped you? NO! You are SUPPOSED to help yourself. But here is the thing, you are wired to be a strong person. You never know how strong you are untill you really face it. Take the responsibility of your life, and you will never imagine how strong you actually are! Your logical brain knows exactly what to do to be strong, irregardless of your feelings. Remember, think logically, dont let your feelings interfere you. If there is no one to help you, its okay, you can fix yourself!

3. Past is past. And future is future.

Past is already been the past. If you have bad experiences in the past, or you feel horrible about something happened, what do you do? Keep thinking about it and keep saying you have a bad life? Or get over it and change it for a better life, and tell people proudly that you have a good life? Be strong! Living in the past is stupid, because there is nothing you can change it, and only makes you feel horrible. Its not worth it! It serves no single purpose at all. Get over it, shift your attention to the present, look at the things around you RIGHT NOW. No matter how tough you need to live in the present, and NOT just rant about the present. CHANGE IT! And the future is the future. Nothing is guranteed. Learn this cruel truth: You can work very hard on something yet doesn't get the repay. You just have to be persistent untill you get the repay one day. Statistically, you can be very unfortunate, and you dont get the repay at all in your whole life, but math tells you this probablity is less than the Earth hit by a metorite tomorrow. So don't even think about the give and take equality. It can be unequal. Life is still fair despite of this, because you always forgot the times when you do less but get more than you should! Somehow people tend to remember the opposite of it but not this! Life is amazing and wonderful, but its also needs hard work and effort, and you don't expect repay from life, you appreciate and be grateful when great things appear in front of you!


4. Now, let me tell you how to fix yourself. There is only one way to do that. Face it directly with your fear, and get out of your comfort zone. Once you do that, you become stronger and tougher. You will realize that life is tough but not as tough as you. It drags you behind constantly but as long as you are moving forward, you are still moving forward in total. There is not a single moment for you to go backwards or to stay stagnant. You just keep MOVING FORWARD. Thats how you become stronger and independent of people around you. And once you get used to it, depending how adaptable you are, you will realize all your fears are irrelavant. Fear is making you a loser and failure, but if you are stronger than that, you fight it and fear will lose. Don't let fear consume you anymore. No more excuses, because if you dont train yourself to be strong, by nature your mind will go backwards and detiorate. You don't want that. Once again remind you that happy life needs constant effort, and once you get out of the comfort zone to work for a better future, you will eventually lead to a happy life. How long? You never know. But you need to appreciate and acknowledge that you have happy moments, when you have a happy life. Because it won't always stay this way. Life is a mixture of sadness and happiness, and if you choose to only rant on sadness, then you have more sadness. If you choose to only look and embrace happiness, then you have more happiness. If you rant that the world is unfair, then you never get out of it. If you appreciate sometimes good things happen to us unexpected, which is actually also a form of unfairness, then you will learn how to appreciate the nice things so much better. And once you get better and being outside your comfort zone, you will laugh and feel silly to the fact that why didnt you get out of it eariler? There is nothing to be sad and fear of after all, its all about how strong and adaptable you are in the end! And trust me, everyone, including you, or even those suffering more than you, all of us have this ability to be happy and be strong. The only way to be successful and happy, ironically but true, is to constantly overcome your fear and get out of your comfort zone, and keep on trying new things. Life begins when you step out of your comfort zone, in your case, your emotions. You will be the person next to you who is smiling and living their own happy life, once you try that again. Dont blame unfairness, everyone has the capability to do that!

.......................................

B) I know you must have hate me a lot right now. But please, read the following part.

Darren, I want you to know, however, that not everyone are as harsh and realistic as above. I, everyone here on TH, truely understand the fact that life is harsh, in fact harsher than most other people. But do we give up? We don't! And even when we feel like giving up, other people here supports each other. You too. You are having a hard time, we genuinely want you to feel better and be happy. We are not those people who don't understand it and just throw all the burden to you. We are your friends, and we want to bear it for you too. And that's why we are ALWAYS here to listen and help you! We are not outsiders, we really really care about you.

I understand that you are feeling sad. I know you need help and you want someone to understand you. You know? If I can keep giving you happiness, I would definitely do so. But that's not how life should be! And no matter how much all of us want to do that, it is impossible, because life is not wired for that! You are finally the focus, the essensce of your entire life, not her, not your family, not your friends, its you. YOU!

I care about you. Everyone here care about you soooo much. Even if you are not improving its okay, we help you unconditionally. Why? Because we care about you. Think about the math: Spending our time, and yet you are not getting better. Negative plus negative, then why do we keep doing so? The reason is so simple, because we are humans not calculators, we have the compassion and we truely understand that you are suffering. We know sometimes when people are depressed, their brain can't think straight anymore. I want to tell you that you are suffering from that too. You can have the strength to live and keep going for happiness. You need to be strong! If you are weak, its okay. Because we are your friends, we are not going to abandaon you and let you be like that. We will pull you up and make sure you are fine again. But you still need to be strong ultimately! If you are not, we are here as always, we will keep trying untill you find the strength to be strong and face life again. You CAN do this, and we all know that.

We are willing to use our time to help you. What we feel sad for you, is not because we invested our time but you are not improving, we genuinely feel sad because you are sad. You clearly have no idea how much we would like to help you, as much as we can. You really don't, I will make this clear. Your stubborness on your depression is clouding all these help for you. But its okay. We are stubborn too, and we will never give up on you. Because we really don't know what can be a reason to give up such a good person like you. Just because you are depressed? That's not even a reason! You can keep on with your stubborness that nothing is helping you, then all of us here will be equally as stubborn that we wont give up on you. You are not going to live with the stupid, stubborn thought that happiness wont find you. You have the power to find happiness before it even finds you!

I really really want you to get better. I know you might still hate me, its okay. Its worth it as long as this can help you. I and everyone here care for you, dont forget that, okay?


Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.

Last edited by Thinking; May 18th 2017 at 02:59 AM.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while
********
 
Green Yoshi's Avatar
 
Name: carwithnogas
Gender: Male
Location: Cute Dinosaur Island!

Posts: 1,885
Blog Entries: 18
Join Date: January 13th 2011

Re: I find it pointless. - May 17th 2017, 04:54 PM

Thanks... Things are tough. I'm a little saddened.. but thanks.. I don't hate you and I'll never hate you.

I want someone around me.. I'm sick of how things are, and I guess... I want that special person around again..

If she won't return again, then i guess... we can refer back to my 'given up on life " thread. Except that now... its far worse than before.

I'm trying my very best, but... I'll admit that I'm feeling a little down.

If anyone feels down or needs anyone to rant to, I guess I'm here. I'll help with whatever I have left.


It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.



rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Last edited by Green Yoshi; May 17th 2017 at 05:37 PM.
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict
************
 
Fading Light.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Starship ranger
Location: Hatchetfield

Posts: 9,216
Blog Entries: 57
Join Date: September 20th 2009

Re: I find it pointless. - May 18th 2017, 10:04 AM

Here's the thing: you've posted several threads like this, and although you always thank the people who respond, it doesn't feel like you're actually taking their advice. Everyone is saying the same thing: it's not a good idea to hang all your hopes of happiness on a single person. It's not fair to you and it's definitely not fair to them. Your life is your responsibility, and only you can take control of your own happiness.

It's entirely understandable to feel lonely or sick of the way things are or a yearning for companionship. That's all totally fine. But you can't put your life on hold while you wait for ''that special person'' to come back into your life. There are plenty of other things to look forward to and strive towards. Yes, ''she'' may have been the first person to bring you such happiness, but that doesn't mean that having a friend like her is the only thing that will make you feel good again. You need to open yourself up to other opportunities and possibilities.

Imagine it like this: you're walking through a meadow, and suddenly you see the most beautiful flower. You absolutely love it, you think it's the most gorgeous thing you've ever seen. You're not interested in any of the other flowers because this one makes you so happy you don't need to pay attention to them. But then a gust of wind comes along, plucking the flower off the stalk, and it carries it away. Distraught, you try desperately to find it... but you can't. Then you start to look for another flower that will make you feel that way again, but you're only looking for one that's exactly like the one you lost - and in doing so you're overlooking plenty of breathtaking flowers. But if you stopped to look for a moment and really appreciated each flower for what it is, you would find them all beautiful. And that's not to mention all the other beauty - the trees, the birds, the insects, all the colours of the world. If you spend all your time and energy searching for what you think is the perfect flower, you're going to miss out on a million other things that could make you happy if only you were open to it.


if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Last edited by Fading Light.; May 18th 2017 at 01:43 PM.
   
6 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Thinking's Avatar
 
Name: Ivan
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Location: Teenhelp

Posts: 343
Blog Entries: 67
Join Date: February 19th 2017

Re: I find it pointless. - May 18th 2017, 12:20 PM

Again please read from the top to the bottom of this whole reply. Read it (and the previous one) a few times if its not enough!

I still trust you Darren that you are trying your very best. I will disagree with Chess for a moment first, and we will see its true or not. You will be the judge!

I divide my reply into two parts again just as above, and again I am sorry for being harsh to you. I just want you to be stronger and fix your life again!

.............................
A)

>> I want someone around me.

- I can understand that you want friends. That's acceptable. So think again: Why do have no friends right now? Plan it out again. Is there any place or community that you can go for to meet new people? Can you get a job again so that you constantly meet people during your work? Think! One more thing is your definition of "around me". They are always there for you, but is this the reason you think that they will never leave you? Is this also the reason you depend your happiness on them? Now I will tell you the truth. Most people are not always nice, they are nice to you when you are their friend, but you never know what will happen next. They might not treat you the same way when you are no longer their friend. Then what do you do? Rant to the world that everyone mistreat you? Its not, because everyone are free to make and break friendships. And even if you cry over that, your ex-friends will not even care about that, because they are not your friend anymore! And even they still are, I told you before, no friends are responsible for your feelings. You gain extra happiness from them, but when they are gone, you shouldn't blame them for not giving you that anymore. Because you are supposed to be self sufficient!

>> I'm sick of how things are

- There are two choices: End it, or fight it. If you end it, things will FOREVER be as sick as it is, and you are irresponsible enough to leave it that way. Don't do that. You are a good person, and you can do great things in your life. You are strong and you dont realize it! Fight it! Fight all the difficulties you are facing. Plan out in detail what you need to do to fix them. It can take you months or even years to plan in full and try them, and make sure you really work on them, but its neccesary! Dont hide yourself from life, that's what a coward do, but you are not! Stand up right now! Dont wait for anything to come to you anymore. Fight for the good things YOURSELF! Its your life, and it can be an amazing one, and all it takes is you need to be brave and face life again.

>> I'm trying my extreme best.

- I know you wrote that before my first reply, but what is this? You should be happy that you are trying your very best in your life! You think trying your best is tiring? You think that life didnt repay you for doing your very best? Or you think that you are supposed to enjoy life without putting effort on doing your best in everything? Now the cruel fact is no. Only weak people thinks that they are born to enjoy life. This is wrong fundementally. Life is never easy, and you need to take in effort to make things better. And when you try your best, you should be happy because you are trying to fix things! But here is the point, again, life dont owe you anything, if you work very hard for it, it can still happen that you dont get the repay immidiately. Persistence! If you give up so soon, you will never able to see what are the good things behind it! And again, everyone tries their best in everything in their life, its a must! There is nothing to feel tired or sad about it. Be strong and tough and work through all the problems you have from today onwards! DO IT WITH A PAPER AND PEN TO PLAN IT OUT. Not just words.

And I forgot to remind you the harshest fact. If you think you tried your extreme best but things are still not working, that's because you are still weak at the moment. Life is fair, what is not equal is everyone's state of mind. WAKE UP! What you think you did everything might be just a little away from solving the problems, and you give up now? And yes if you think of that again, slap yourself to wake up from that silly dream. Problems are meant to be solved and they are solvable. You see it as unsolvable, because you are not strong enough to see how to fix it. So what should you do? Be strong! Think again, work out everything you can think of. If its not working, refer back to other's advice. If its still not working, think again. Repeat this process FOREVER untill things work out. Yes, this is the power of not giving up, and it takes a strong mind to do that. You are wired for it, so as every human, so let your strong mind to tell you what to do, instead of your depression!

>> I want that special person around again

- No. Think of this way. You are weak and another guy is stronger than you, and he has a candy that you want it. But he is not going to give you forever, so what do you do? You have three choices. 1) Be weak, and keep ranting to others that he is a bully. 2) Lower your standards, and convince yourself you dont need that candy. 3) Be strong, fight that guy and get what you want. So which part of these 3 are you? Think of it yourself.

Now you say you WANT a special person in your life. Have you think in detail what do you want from that special person? Have you actually been dependent on that person for your life? Remember, no one is going to be responsible for your happiness and your life! But listen here. If you expect too much from a person, why would they want to give you all your wish for? Expecting them to give you ALL of your happiness is too much. Because you become dependent on them! That's not good. So be strong! Look, you are self sufficient and you are capable of living on yourself independently. You deserve to live your own life and make yourself happy. Dont be weak and rely on others! Thats refering to section 2) above.

And now, once you figured out and removed all the "absurd expectations", do you still need to lower it more? The answer is no! You are a human with dignitiy. You have the power to have a happy life. Dont give in and not try your best! Don't give up! Live and work for the life of HIGH expectations you want it to be. As long as its not absurd, get this right! You are as respectable as any other person, and you have dignity. Be strong! Fight for the life you want and NEVER STOP working for it.

You say you WANT a special person in your life. Have you work enough to get it? Now the cruel fact of life is it doesn't care whether you are working at your best or not. You just have to work hard enough to get rewards. So if you are weak, of course you can't have it no matter how you try! So don't! Get out of your horrible depression and work for your life! You are strong, and you CAN have the special person you want. Again, as long as you dont impose absurd expectations, its good to have high expectations on what that person you want! And you are supposed to work at your best, to fight for the best you can get! That's refering to section 3) above.

>> Thing is i was really lonely as a kid and I didn't have many happy experiences..

- Looking at the past is the worst thing you can do. Past is past, let go of it! People who use their past as an excuse of their actions, are irresponsible! Don't do that! Focus on the present. Dont be afriad of it, and face your life. Ok look, you have two choices again: Either you stick to your past, and conclude you have a sad life. Or, work your best for the future and conclude you have a better life! Now I will tell you one more horrible truth. Most people don't care about your past. They look at what you do in the PRESENT. You can rant to people about your past, so? That's not a reason for you to make excuses. Most people won't even care if you make it an excuse, why? Because if you fail your life its not their business! But anyone who care about you will know, you are doing a big mistake here when you are looking at your past. Its not right! Change your life for the better and proudly tell others you have a happy life instead!

>> But all that I can say is that I have fully given up on life..

- Listen here very carefully. Who are you to decide to give up on your life? No one should decide to give up on their life! How can you be so weak and give up so easily? If life torn you into pieces, then patch it up and face life again! It is pointless and it doesnt helpat all to blame life for torning you up! Ok, I don't want to compare sadness and miserable conditions with yours because its not helping. But the worse thing you can do, is to think that no one suffer more than you do, and no one understand what suffer looks like and only you do. Its not! Everyone suffers in their life, but they fought to be what they are today! They can be proud to tell you that they are happy with their life, and they are geuinely happy and contented with their life. But have you ever look into their real life? You never know what they gone through!

Have you looked at the kids suffering in Africa? Do you ever see any of them give up on their conditions? Yes, resource are scarce for them, and they had no choice but to starve and eat sparingly. Yes, they had no other choice to live better, but they never think that death is a choice. IT IS NEVER A CHOICE. They struggle every second to live, but they never give up. So fight! Strive for everything you can have and just like them, fight for every single bit of happiness you can have. This is your life and if you dont put effort into it, who else will do it for you? You are an adult who is fully responsible for yourself! Be strong and don't depend on others!

And you think that there is no happiness in life? Do you know Stephen Hawking? He is the top leading physicist in the world, with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. His initial diagnosis during his twenties estimated him to live only for two more years, but he lived 50 more years than expected (and still counting!), and still being the top scientist in the world. He fell into depression at that time when he was diagnosed, but did he gave up? Look at what he did to be sucessful untill today! Even right now he is almost immobile in his seventies, he still never gave up in his work. Of course he never gave up on life and had so much happiness throughout his whole life!

So why do you give up now? Don't give up! You have a good future ahead of you!

...................................
B)

I just want to tell you, that you are loved and cared. The reality is harsh but everyone lives through it. You too! And also, you are not alone at all. If you feel that life is too difficult and you are tired, you are unlike those unlucky people who had no one to rant. You can tell us. We will try all we can to help you. We can't help you physically but we can help you by giving you ideas! But right now you are still not ready to help yourself yet! You are still severely trapped by your depression!

So dont wait for anything to happen anymore. Help yourself now! And its not just yourself actually. Everyone here, are so glad to help you. But you need to feel like helping yourself first! And you are not the person you think you are right now. You are a strong and kind person, do you realize that? You are only weak right now because of your terrible depression. But this can be fixed! Fight that thing, and how? That is to get up from where you are now, plan out what you need to do to fix things out! If you dont know what to do, of course you are free to ask us what to do, we are more than glad to help, okay? Just don't fixate your happiness to anyone else anymore! You are self sufficient to give yourself happiness, and you can share it to others! Just like how others share happiness to you and make you happy. But the key difference is, you give yourself happiness. Dont be dependent on anyone else anymore!

You know? Everyone here are your friend. If we can give you happiness, we would have done so for you. But the truth is if we dont tell you that you can give yourself happiness, we are lying and ruining your life! We don't want that! We want to give you encouragement, and let you realize what are the great things you can do for yourself! Its simple, we give you shrimps, if you eat it and use it up, then you keep ask for more and it never ends. But if you use it as a bait and fish yourself, you will get more food for yourself and you generate more baits to get more food for yourself, and repeats the process indefinitely! This is how you break the bad cycle and start a new one for the better!

We all love you. If you want more shrimps we can always provide you that unconditionally. If you run of it and ask us for more we are always willing to help you and give you that. But we also want you to be better too, we dont want to you to be weak and dependent like right now! We also need to teach you how to fish using what you have, and be independent, self sufficient and be the best out of yourself! We dont want to be harsh on you, we love you, but we must also tell you what it takes for you to survive as well! And we will never give up on you, because we know what you are capable of. Everyone is capable of living a good life, so does you. If you think you are not capable for that, slap yourself again. You are lying and giving excuses by saying that. YOU DESERVE HAPPINESS, AND YOU SHOULD FIGHT FOR IT!

I hope you will get better. Stand up and live your amazing life ahead of you!


Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.

Last edited by Thinking; May 18th 2017 at 04:27 PM.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while
********
 
Green Yoshi's Avatar
 
Name: carwithnogas
Gender: Male
Location: Cute Dinosaur Island!

Posts: 1,885
Blog Entries: 18
Join Date: January 13th 2011

Re: I find it pointless. - May 19th 2017, 03:10 AM

..... I'll just admit that I am absolutely sick of trying.

I'm sorry. But... I am in extreme pain.. I can't take this any more.


It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.



rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Everglow.'s Avatar
 
Name: Hollie
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: London

Posts: 4,758
Blog Entries: 718
Join Date: January 19th 2011

Re: I find it pointless. - May 19th 2017, 03:55 PM

As sick of trying as you may be, trying is the ONLY thing anyone can do in life. You're going to find that bad things happen. They do to everyone. If we let bad things break us down to nothing every time they happen, we'd all be giving up at every hurdle. I know you're in pain. I know that it feels like you can't take it anymore but look at your own signature. There is ALWAYS light at the end of the tunnel, even if it's a long tunnel that never seems to want to end.

Look at the responses you have.

Obviously, nobody could ever replace the friend you've lost. If they were replaceable, they'd be less important to you. No two people are exactly the same but that's ok. The support you have here is completely incredible. I've seen these responses and it makes me so happy because there are truly amazing people on this site who WANT to help you through this, but they can only do so much. You have to want to take the advice. You have to want to carry on. As sick as you are of trying, the best way forward is not to give up, it's to grow and learn and become a stronger person as a result of a bad situation.

It's really crappy, I know that. But if you want to keep trying, and if you want to get through this, you will.


❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while
********
 
Green Yoshi's Avatar
 
Name: carwithnogas
Gender: Male
Location: Cute Dinosaur Island!

Posts: 1,885
Blog Entries: 18
Join Date: January 13th 2011

Re: I find it pointless. - May 20th 2017, 04:32 AM

We shall see. Thanks..

I hope that she returns or that someone like her comes by. Otherwise...


It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.



rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while
********
 
Nightblood.'s Avatar
 
Gender: She/Her
Location: United States

Posts: 1,829
Blog Entries: 37
Join Date: January 11th 2009

Re: I find it pointless. - May 20th 2017, 05:29 AM

You've gotten some incredible responses, but you just keep responding with the same things over and over. You haven't really said anything new in your threads, and you haven't taken any of the advice so I'm not sure what you're looking for.

You say you're trying your hardest, and you're sick of trying, but you haven't tried. Not really. You just sit, hoping someone like her will waltz into your life and make everything better. But no one is coming. And this girl you've put so high, she didn't fix anything. If she had, you wouldn't be this miserable. You reply with the same handful of lines in every thread, you're stuck in this cycle of thoughts. Which is why you NEED to work with a professional who can help you change them. You need PROFESSIONAL help to rewire your brain. At this point, no thread you make is going to help you. We can't do much more to help you until you help yourself. I have to say, your best chance of ever having another friend like her is to learn to stop relying on people for your happiness.

Please don't reply with something like "thanks I'll try" unless you actually mean it, because up until now you haven't meant it at all. You need to work incredibly hard with a professional, and you probably won't always like what they have to say but it's necessary. Stop choosing misery.



"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."
   
6 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Clarent Offline
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Clarent's Avatar
 
Name: L.
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: Poland, EU

Posts: 391
Join Date: December 27th 2013

Re: I find it pointless. - May 20th 2017, 11:36 AM

If you chose to wait until somebody else improves your life, mate, you'll never be bloody happy...


The risk I took was calculated, but boy, am I bad at math.
   
6 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while
********
 
Green Yoshi's Avatar
 
Name: carwithnogas
Gender: Male
Location: Cute Dinosaur Island!

Posts: 1,885
Blog Entries: 18
Join Date: January 13th 2011

Re: I find it pointless. - May 20th 2017, 05:25 PM

Thanks all of you..


It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.



rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
   
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
x_sepi_x's Avatar
 
Name: Sabah
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 827
Blog Entries: 145
Join Date: May 1st 2010

Re: I find it pointless. - May 21st 2017, 11:25 PM

Wow some of the responses people have given to your thread are immense, yes harsh at times but the absolute much needed truth. If you think about all the time and effort people on teenhelp are continuously giving you again and again, and appreciate that then it should give you some hope into moving forward. Thanking everyone is very polite, but you should also acknowledge the tremendous amount of advice people have given.

You say time and again you have given up, but the number of threads you have posted tells all of us that you still have fight left in you yet! Deep down inside, you don't want to be like this, and your many posts imply that also. There are a lot of people here who care for you, me included and we will all try and try again to support you in this painful time of your life. However nobody can fix you, nobody can make you better but yourself. Nobody can replace the friend you lost because every single human on this earth is different. Having a companion, a partner a good friend sure does help in aiding ones emotions, making you feel happy loved and cared for. But until you don't love yourself, it doesn't matter how much someone else cares for you, you won't feel any better. In the same way, there is a whole host of people on this site who have replied to your threads, have stated how much they care, but until you don't care for yourself you probably won't acknowledge that. I feel it's high time you should, not in any bad way at all. But we all want to see you happy again.

You said above that you want someone around you & to be honest don't we all. The thing is though, the only way that's going to happen is if you make it happen. You need to pick yourself up, put yourself out there make new friends. And this special person that you want may well be the next person you meet. Life's like that you know? Nobody knows what's round the corner, but without taking steps to get round the corner, we'll never know what lies ahead.

There really is ways and means of moving forward. Maybe seeking professional help such as some form of structured counselling would help you to deal with the painful emotions you have at the moment and support you in finding a way forward that works for you. Again this will only work if you want to move forward..

I hope I haven't offended you in any way. I appreciate things are grim right now but like the others said above, we all want you to get better. You've got to make this happen. And we're all right here behind you


''No pressure, no diamonds''

There may not always be a direct answer to a problem, but there is always a way to get through it.
Strength is the best quality of the human mind and body, and I believe everyone has it; whether they believe it or not. Look for that tiny glimmer of hope deep inside yourself and once you've found it let it blossom, glow and illuminate your life.

I'm always here if anyone wants to talk.


x x x
   
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while
********
 
Green Yoshi's Avatar
 
Name: carwithnogas
Gender: Male
Location: Cute Dinosaur Island!

Posts: 1,885
Blog Entries: 18
Join Date: January 13th 2011

Re: I find it pointless. - May 23rd 2017, 03:26 AM

Thanks Sabah..


It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.



rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
JustTheKeags Offline
Meme a Day Keeps th Feels Away
Average Joe
***
 
JustTheKeags's Avatar
 
Name: Keagan
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Location: colorful colorado

Posts: 117
Join Date: May 22nd 2017

Re: I find it pointless. - May 23rd 2017, 07:48 AM

yoshi, look. I was depressed for awhile . I get it. if you don't try to put your problems on other people, you will feel a million times better. I know. I did stupid stuff, my freinds left me, and I wasn't trusted by my parents. soon, i gave up. don't. it's not worth it.. people rarely come back. by the time I finally started recovering, my best freind (R.I.P) was the only one who would help me. when I started realizing that I was the cause of my own problems, i forgave myself. people started to come back, I now have a good sised freind group. your life matters. dont thinks anything else. while you might think that the only one you are hurting is yourself, look around. look at all of the support you have gotten. look how many people care about you. Blame no one. forgive yourself.

I hope I did not offend you in any way. but please man, don't hurt yourself. your family, freinds, and everyone on TH will hurt.

hang in there. we all care.

-keagan

Last edited by JustTheKeags; May 23rd 2017 at 07:52 AM. Reason: edited a typo or 2
   
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while
********
 
Green Yoshi's Avatar
 
Name: carwithnogas
Gender: Male
Location: Cute Dinosaur Island!

Posts: 1,885
Blog Entries: 18
Join Date: January 13th 2011

Re: I find it pointless. - May 24th 2017, 08:18 AM

I'm trying. My very best.

I also hope someone I will cherish who cherishes me in return comes into my life.

Maybe its her.. again.


It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.



rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
find, pointless

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright 1998-2018, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.