TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

I'm Pathetic - May 20th 2017, 02:32 AM

Hi,
So me again, sorry for being a bother.
I've just been feeling pathetic. Like I'm a loser who is clingy and a pathetic friend. I just feel like I let all my friends and family down. And that I am super needy and clingy. I really don't know why I'm so pathetic; but I really just hate myself.
I'm really a waste of space. And not to mention I get stressed easily and just am never there for my friends. I expect them to help me but I'm never there. All I do is drop my shit on them.
I really suck. Don't know what I'm asking here.
Again I'm sorry for being a bother

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: I'm Pathetic - May 20th 2017, 06:39 AM

Hey there,

It is like lifting up a hand and asking what we see. You see the palm side but we see the other side. I don't know if the hand example makes any sense but I'm stealing it becsuse I like it even thoigh it had to do with sonething else.

But a better example would be a butterfly I think...maybe you just haven't seen how beautiful are your wings?

I personally find you to be a great friend. I like going to chat and hanging out when you're there. Whether we end up talking one to one or not. And you and I both know you've been there for me this week and last week. When I was in chat and was having tons of anxiety. And I see that you go around users' VM and write positive messages to them that might have made their day a little brighter. You never know who you touch with that.

It's okay to get stressed easily. I know thst can make a person feel like they're a burden, but in the end, you are worthy of care during your times of stress and the right people will be there and not complain about how much time it is taking you to get over something or for being emotional quicker.

I know I don't reply to VMs straight away bug seriously if you're ever in need in chat abd want to talk, please feel free to IM me.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: I'm Pathetic - May 20th 2017, 07:50 PM

Hey,

First of all, stop apologising! You're no bother. Your name is in pink which means as much as you feel you might not help your friends, you're here helping a bunch of people you've never even met. If that's not awesome, I don't know what is. You're as deserving as any other user of help and advice even if you're not sure what it is you need to ask. TH is a place for venting too, and I'm sure you know that. Never apologise for reaching out when you need to. We hear you. We're here.

I know how it feels to feel so utterly pathetic. It's not a nice feeling but it really depends what you mean by 'pathetic'. If you're on about the clinginess, that really doesn't make you pathetic. Humans are social people so it's in our nature to cling onto others for interaction. Even those who like solitude need interaction sometimes. It's how we thrive. It doesn't make you pathetic to need what every person needs, and especially when you're upset and need somebody and 'drop' your stuff on your friends. Moreso than normal, when we are upset we look to others, for comfort or guidance or just to be heard. That's ok. You should never feel bad for that.

If you want to be there for your friends more, then go for it. It sounds like you care a great deal for other people (I have also seen your VMs on peoples pages, including the one on mine and it really lifted my day!), so all you have to do it care for them still. As friends, it goes both ways. You are there for them, and when you need them, they are there for you. Don't feel bad for reaching out more than they do if you need the support.

I just want you to know that I don't think you're a bother, I don't think you suck, and I don't think you're pathetic at all. I've been there and felt that way. Some days I still do. But it's up to us to remind ourselves that we're worth something. You do amazing things here so you should be proud of that. You can't be pathetic if you're strong enough to come on this site and help people who really need to be heard. Keep your chin up, stay strong, and remember you're awesome.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Re: I'm Pathetic - May 21st 2017, 02:17 AM

First, a few things:

- When I said "you started the party" in chat, What I meant is you made everyone in the chat room start to talk a lot, even if you arent the first person in the room. Somehow for a few times in the room I had noticed this

- I asked you for your song lyrics to prove you are "evil". But the truth is even with that lyrics, you are still not an evil person at all!

- I am yet to see someone else who write VM's to others so much to lift their moods. You are unique to that kindness!

- You helped me a few times especially when I am in a horrible state, but I am yet to wait for you to rant to me sometime in future. Those minor ones in chat room doesnt count at all

- You, as my friend, I am wondering how would you possibly make me feel down?! I can't imagine one such possibility.

- You aren't suck. I can list down so many good things about you if you wish. Well, maybe a good thing you can improve is typoes, but I don't blame you for that at all! And I honestly can't see what else you need improvement on.

Hi,
So Tort, you aren't a bother at all.
You are certainly not pathetic, nor a loser. You had been a great friend! You never let any of us down andyou brighten up our mood so many times. You aren't needy, asking for help isnt needy nor clingy. Know that you are strong and not pathetic! Dont hate yourself, you are and amazing person!
You aren't a waste of space, the world is better to have you. Streessing easily isnt good but you can learn how to handle your stress. You are a supportive friend and you helped so many people including your friends! You deserve help, they are willing to help you, just like how you are there for them too. Your problems matters, and they are worthy to be heard and to let others help you as well.
You are amazing. You dont need to know, we know what we want to tell you. That you are a kind and lovely person!!
Again you aren't a bother at all

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
Closed Thread