TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Maybe I oughta take a back seat and actively try to help other people once again. - May 24th 2017, 02:17 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I am a stubborn person and always will be. Well.. Once upon a time I used to be able to help a lot of other people here without breaks because I just love doing that. .

I hope to be able to do that once again, and I want to say sorry for not doing that for some time.. Hopefully I'll be able to do that again one day.

I hope to be able to change peoples lives' for the better again ... I apologize for having everyone else take over what was supposed to be my duty.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Re: Maybe I oughta take a back seat and actively try to help other people once again. - May 24th 2017, 02:59 PM

Helping people is everyone's duty, but I am glad that you are taking a part of that duty! I want to thank you on behalf of those who need help for your kindness!

I just want to let you know that when we are in our most horrible times, think of others. They might also be in a horrible state too and need help as well. And that's the time when we truely understand their feelings, and can provide the best advice we can give!

I truely believe that if you help a good person, they will help you back too. Never give up on hope, you might never expect when a person you helped can offer you a great help in future! And most importantly, I am sure when the person you helped is happy, you will genuinely feel happy for them too, and it helps to lift your mood too!

Why? Because when you help a person, it also reminds you that you are not worthless. You are capable of contributing and giving out your love to others too. You are not as empty as you may think! And to fix your life for the better, all you need to is to direct that love to yourself and help yourself!

I hope this approach can make you feel better. Remember, dont give up in searching methods to be happy, okay?

I truely miss the previous you. I hope you can find the strength again and be that happy and loving person you used to be! Dont let depression covers the fact you are a great person!

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Clarent Online
Regular TeenHelper

Name: L.

Re: Maybe I oughta take a back seat and actively try to help other people once again. - May 24th 2017, 03:11 PM

You won't help others if you won't pull your own stuff together.

It simply doesn't work like this.

Fix your own life and straighten all the wrinkles up before you attempt playing a therapist.

The risk I took was calculated, but boy, am I bad at math.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Maybe I oughta take a back seat and actively try to help other people once again. - May 24th 2017, 03:16 PM

Well I must disagree to be honest. I truely felt much better when I helped people, even when I am in terrible depression!

But you are right too, he should try to get better, because otherwise if he fell into depression again then he will not able to help at his best.

But really, helping people doesn't require any prequisites. All it takes is a kind heart and the willingness to help. No matter when and how he/she is!

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Clarent Online
Regular TeenHelper

Name: L.

Re: Maybe I oughta take a back seat and actively try to help other people once again. - May 24th 2017, 03:23 PM

There's more to helping people than sending hug emotes and saying "I'm here" and "It's all gonna be okay."

Not everybody likes this. I'm one of such people. I appreciate affection (from close ones), and I love the feeling of being understood and cared about.

But when I want help, I want something that will make a change in my life. An answer, a suggestion, something to get my gears moving.

I do realize what I'm saying sounds strict and cold, but this is the truth. Being kind and wanting to help is a quality to admire and cherish.

But sometimes, simply "wanting" to help is not good enough.

And seeing your friend's situation, I really think he first needs to focus on improving his own life. With confidence and strength, he'll be able to achieve way more over time.

The risk I took was calculated, but boy, am I bad at math.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Maybe I oughta take a back seat and actively try to help other people once again. - May 24th 2017, 03:33 PM

Well I can only say everyone's way of giving help is different!

I do understand your point. And the truth is sometimes its difficult to provide one response that can change everything. But what is always true is that no matter how tough things are, it will always be okay.

When we are in depression and people just simple write that it will be okay, we might feel not heard and they do not understand. But think about the advice giver: they might gone through the same thing and they know it will get better, so they tell you that even if they dont know how to help exactly! That's something to think about, and it helps to take in advices more easily when we think about others might have gone through.

And I understand your frustration that sometimes the responses might be short or might felt that its not understanding. Sadly, its true that not all advices are helpful to a person, and its everyone's freedom to give and take in advices!

Well, if a person write a short, kind but unhelpful response to me, there are two ways I can take it: Unhelpful, or kind. I am certainly going to choose the latter and appreciate it!

And you are a great person too. The way you perceive things can be different from mine but that doesn't make you a cold or strict person. Its your opinion and should be considered too!

Closed Thread