TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Still don't feel anything - May 26th 2017, 09:02 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I hope that no one becomes like me. I hope that no one feels the emptiness I feel.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: Still don't feel anything - May 26th 2017, 06:03 PM

No one can feel the exact same emptiness that you feel just as you cannot feel the exact same emptiness that others feel.

However, you are not alone in feeling emptyness. There are ways to cope and strategies to reconnect with people and activities that you once enjoyed (or a new activity entirely)

Emptyness is one emotion in a wide range of emotions. Emotions come and go, even a state or a mood that can seem long term or neverending recurring can be learned to cope with.
Remember that a crisis is often a turning point to go back up. It is a U turn after hitting rock bottom. And that U turn can be immensely challenging but we are right here for you.

I would say though that of takes a lot of work and skill building. And it can seem pointless if the other side seems impossible to get through but it is possible.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Still don't feel anything - May 26th 2017, 06:46 PM

Thanks I'll try my best and lets see if I can beat this. You are nice and I'll take your advice.. You are probably right in that I can beat this.

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Still don't feel anything - May 26th 2017, 08:32 PM

I'm glad you're hoping better for other people than what you've experienced. Remember that there has been wonderful support and advice given and people who have felt similarly to you right now wouldn't wish that one anyone else either, yourself included. Keep going, everyone is right. You can do this.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Still don't feel anything - May 27th 2017, 08:21 PM

I'm trying my best. But I truly miss her, and a part of me feels like happiness is a stone's throw too far.

I'm trying , but things are a little..... meh.

screwdriverneedsgas

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Still don't feel anything - May 27th 2017, 08:40 PM

Things will be meh. She mattered to you. If they weren't bad at first it would mean she never mattered to you very much. Nobody expects a quick, pain free recovery from your friendship with this girl. It would be unrealistic to expect it to be easy and quick but, in the same way, it's unrealistic to expect nothing more in life than her. Happiness is within reach, even if you can only just about touch it with the very tips of your fingers. Imagine happiness as a stretching exercise. The first time you try to reach that far, your legs are bending when they shouldn't be, it's hurting your muscles and you kind of feel like giving up would be a lot easier. But the next time you do it, it's slightly easier, and the more you practice, the less it hurts and the more it seems like maybe, you can really do this. Happiness is like that. Yes, you're not used to being happy without your friend, but the more you practice it by doing the things you enjoy doing and letting yourself, allowing yourself the pleasure of feeling happy, the less, in time, it will hurt. The less your muscles will ache, and the less sad you'll feel. There's no time limit, some people take longer to adjust to the stretches than others, but the aim is just as possible for everyone who decides they're going to reach their goal.

I know you say you're trying your best, and I will choose to believe that you really are. It's fine to be upset, as long as you're not accepting that it is all you will ever be.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Still don't feel anything - May 27th 2017, 09:10 PM

Thanks Hollie. Well.. I hope that I'll be able to find someone like her again , or she returns. But...

Things are kind of extremely hard.

screwdriverneedsgas

(#8 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Still don't feel anything - May 27th 2017, 11:32 PM

Definitely keep in mind all the wonderful advice you have received across all your threads. While it'd be nice to have old friends come back into our lives, that is not possible a lot of times. I would suggest going back to your old threads and reading over the advice given by other users.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Still don't feel anything - May 28th 2017, 11:28 AM

I will probably have to that.

I have lost my drive and motivation. All of it.

I just wish that everyone here will live a better life than me... meet precious people, make happy memories with them and hold them dear to you.

Don't be like me.. Don't be like me.

Yeah.. in case you are wondering... I'm actually crying in real life while typing this... and this time the tears are not stopping..

screwdriverneedsgas

Last edited by Green Yoshi; May 28th 2017 at 12:27 PM.

Closed Thread