TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Racso Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

help - July 14th 2017, 04:22 AM

I consistently let my mother down. I am doing poorly in college and have no idea where to go. I am wasting her money. I have messed up big time and can no longer take it and I feel as if there is no coming back from this. Is there saving for me? I am putting myself in crippling debt. What do I do? I try to do well in school but I am so lazy. I am constantly depressed. I need help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Staff On Leave

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Re: help - July 14th 2017, 09:02 AM

Hey there,

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way and there is definitely hope for you. Have you tried contacting the guidance counsellors at school or seeking therapy? Depression is serious, and if it's affecting your life so much, you should definitely seek some help. Open up to friends and family, and they can help you get through it.

I know it feels like there's no hope now, and that you've messed up so badly that you can't ever recover but just now that it's never too late for change. No one blames you for whatever it is you have done, and it will get better.

Hope this helped somewhat and feel free to PM me if you ever need anything,

Kyra xx
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: help - July 15th 2017, 04:25 PM

This isn't a hopeless situation, college can be incredibly difficult and the financial strain is just added onto the already hard nature of furthering your education. I'm sorry you feel as though you're letting your mom down and it sounds incredibly stressful and frustrating.

I think you have a few option and there definitely is saving in this situation. Some it includes working hard and making hard decisions, but you'll get through this one step at a time.

Like the above user suggested, it might be worth searching into therapy or student help at your college. A lot of colleges and universities offer student services for counseling with academic, financial, and person situations. They may be able to help you get in control of your education so you can do better in school, as that can take a lot of strain off of you and can open doors for scholarships and more financial help.

You might also look into taking a semester or a year off of college. It might be beneficial to give yourself a break to recuperate, save money, and prepare yourself for another year. There is nothing wrong with taking a break and taking care of yourself. You have to look out for number one, and that is yourself.

I also think it would be a good idea to talk to your mom about how you've been feeling too. Let her know that you feel as if you're letting her down and ask for her support and let her know that you're working hard to get better.

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: help - July 16th 2017, 05:43 PM

This isn't hopeless. There are a lot of things you can do in the future. Plenty of people sorta kinda make a name for themselves even without going through college.. Lots of those people end up being very well off because they pursue some sort of other field that they're talented in, and perhaps this should also be an option for you as well. I think that you can never let your mother down because you're someone with your own good qualities.. and she just wants you to be happy.

We got your back!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread