TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SuShIIsYuMmY Offline
OH! Hai! :D
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: John

Exclamation Realizing - May 25th 2009, 07:05 AM

I finally realized something, i'm a huge fuck up. to myself and my family. first off, im gay and that already made my family hate me. second, im doing horribly in school and my dad is constantly on my case about college and everything when he doesnt even know what he is talking about, he never went. my life's goals are not what my parents want either. my dad wants me to be into sports and my mom wants me interested in whatever she wants. theatre and musicals are my passion, and they can't accept that. im just a fucked up kid and i will never change. i hate myself.

Send a message via AIM to SuShIIsYuMmY  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Mr. Moon Offline
Manic Writer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Joshua

Re: Realizing - May 25th 2009, 07:09 AM

"Who gives a damn about the prophets at Tesco?" -Franz Ferdinand

Don't worry about your parents, who you like, or what the future holds. Just do what you think is right, and everything will play out perfectly in the end.

"Who gives a damn about the prophets at Tesco?" -Franz Ferdinand

Don't worry about your parents, who you like, or what the future holds. Just do what you think is right, and everything will play out perfectly in the end.

Logic, Science, Philosophy.

Last edited by Mr. Moon; May 25th 2009 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.
  Send a message via AIM to Mr. Moon  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Realizing - May 25th 2009, 11:31 AM

Hey John

I'm sorry that you feel like you've messed up, but I can assure you, the things you've talked about does not result in you being a bad person.

You're gay - so what? Your sexuality does not affect you as a person, you're not any worse than a straight/bisexual/pansexual person. Just because you're attracted to the same gender does not make you bad at all - it shouldn't make a difference. I don't think this fact is a problem with you at all, but more about the people around you. I'm sorry that your parents aren't more accepting of your choice and I realise that can feel really awful, but it's your life, John. Your parent's can't control your feelings or emotions and you should try not to let them. So please, do not blame yourself for this. Some people are just, unfortunately, unaccepting - I think that's their problem, not yours.

I can understand and relate to the issues about your schooling and your career prospects. I'm not doing too well either, due to how i've been feeling lately. Is this the same for you, or are you just finding the subjects tough? If you identify why you think that you're not doing too well, you could perhaps try and work on what's causing you the difficulty at school. You may want to talk to a guidance counsellor or teacher in order to get some help with that.

Your life goals are YOUR life goals. I've only recently realised that you can't let your parents dominate your life. John, it's your life and you should have the right to live it how you want, even if that means going against your parents wishes. You are not going to do well in sports if you don't want to do sports and you're living a life doing something that you don't want to do. If you want to do musicals, you do musicals. It's your body, your life, you choose what you want to do. It's not your parents decision how you're going to live your life forever.

Honestly John, please don't hate yourself for any of this, you don't deserve to feel so badly about any of this. The things you have described are not your fault. I'm sorry your parents aren't being more supportive. We're always here if you want to talk.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Star Crow Offline
Average Joe

Re: Realizing - May 25th 2009, 01:03 PM

Your sexuality shouldn't matter to them. And at least you had the courage to come out to them. It may take your parents a while to accept it, but you are who you are and no one can change that.
Shoot for your goals not your parents's it's your life you should be able to choose how you live it.

Closed Thread