TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ikigai Offline
la razón de vivir en japonés
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sue

. - September 6th 2017, 07:50 PM

Hello.
I've been to a psychologist today. It didn't help and my next appointment is in a week's time. I talked to some friends on messenger but it's not the same. I'm going through hell and I don't know what to do. I feel like I need to talk to someone close to me honestly face to face but I don't have such person. Is there ANYTHING or ANYONE that can help me right now? It's about every minute honestly...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: . - September 7th 2017, 05:26 AM

There are usually phone numbers you can call. I've called them before. Very nice well trained people there to talk.

Sometimes they're called Suicide Hotlines, which is a misnomer in my opinion, as it makes it sound like I have to be standing on the edge of a cliff before I can call them, when honestly the whole point is to call them before I'm that bad off.

I do find it helps to talk to a real person.

Also I remember one of the clues for me that it was a medical problem was talking about it didn't help. I can't talk myself out of a medical problem.

So if talking to a psychologist doesn't help, then I suggest talking to a psychiatrist doctor.

I recall it didn't make any sense to me at the time. Only in hindsight do I understand now. So now I suggest it to other people.

It can take a long time to find the right medication that works for you. Just keep trying different ones until you find it. You'll know it when you find it.

In the meantime, I recall doing whatever I could to be with people. Isolation can be horrible. Finding one understanding person can make a huge difference.

There may be residential treatment programs you can go to. I lived in one for 3 months. Nice place. Cured the isolation problem. Very understanding people. The other clients nice people too. Unfortunately they can be very expensive.

There may be other alternatives.

Finding someone who knows what options there are can be greatly helpful. Sometimes the people on the phone know what's available, especially if it's a local number. (In the US I can call 2-1-1 and ask who I can call to get more specific information like this. They're the non-emergency 9-1-1 alternative.)

There may be support groups available. AA (if only I drank), NA (if only I used drugs), Al-Anon (if only I knew someone who drank), Nar-Anon (if only I knew someone who used drugs), Families Anonymous (another Nar-Anon like group), Celebrate Recovery (if only I was religious and recovering from drug or alcohol), DBSA (Depression & Bipolar Support Alliance, I actually fit in there, except the nearest group is an hour drive away). NAMI may list a local affiliate in your area.

One time I went to the hospital emergency room and asked them for what phone numbers I could call if I got worse. They gave me a list. (Then I tried calling the number, just to test it. The number was no longer in service. Rats... You may have better luck.)

Sometimes church office people know what's available. (Or their church might offer something, since everybody needs this.)

I know really caring people are out there. Typically the ones who've been through it themselves; they understand the most.

(I think there's a live chat on this website. I don't know how to use it though.)

Hang in there; I'm really sorry you're suffering so much. Thank you for reaching out.

Closed Thread