TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JacksonGee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I can't do anything for anyone anymore - September 12th 2017, 05:56 AM

I want to help my friends. I want to make my friends and family feel happy and important, but it's hard to do that when you can't even make yourself happy. Nearly all of my friends are suicidal and I want to help them out and get them through it, but whenever I try to do that I end up making things worse for both me and my friend. Whenever my friends are not happy, I'm not happy, because of this I'm never happy, I haven't been happy in months, all I've felt was sadness. I feel like I'm useless to my friends and my family. Whenever I try to help all I do in hurt them. I can't go on living like this, I can't go on having friends that I can't help. To make matters worse, some people at school that hate me are now trying their hardest to try to bring my reputation to ruins...what do I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DannyGShields Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I can't do anything for anyone anymore - September 12th 2017, 09:55 AM

No one can do nothing except you. Love yourself and stop being pity on yourself. Stop seeing negativity in your every act! Your family loves you, try to discuss this matter with them. You can also try consulting some counselor to find a way to be happy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Marcus

Re: I can't do anything for anyone anymore - September 12th 2017, 02:05 PM

You must understand that there is only this much you can do for your friends. Most importantly, you have to put yourself first and to be able to take care of yourself first before you can take care of others.

I am sure as long as you remain positive, things will eventually work out on its own.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
An Inspiration
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Re: I can't do anything for anyone anymore - September 13th 2017, 12:27 AM

You can't help everyone. As Marcus stated above, there is only so much you can do for your friends and family. As you get older, you're going to learn that along the way. Also, you got to think about yourself too. You say you're not happy, so let me ask you this: how can you be of help to anyone if you can't even be of help to yourself? I mean, don't take it the wrong way, but if you're really not happy, you got to fix that. Help yourself first before you help others. ALWAYS remember that for the rest of your lifetime. If you can't help yourself, it's impossible to help other people, even those closest to you like your friends and family. If your friends aren't happy and they want to stay that way, that's THEIR choice. It doesn't mean it has to be yours too. I understand you want to help your friends, but if they can't help themselves, there's not much else you can do for them. It's up to them if they want to get better or remain where they've been at.

Happiness is a choice we all have, and I hope you learn that along the way.

I wish you well, and I hope things will get better for you.

-B

Who I am is the possibility of kindness, compassion, and perseverance in all beings, and what I have to give up to be that possibility is my fear of looking bad, and that is who I am!
  Send a message via Skype™ to CrusadingAvenger 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DannyGShields Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I can't do anything for anyone anymore - September 15th 2017, 09:45 AM

Yeah, love yourself and find happiness in everything life offers you.

Closed Thread