TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sanctus Lupus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Maybe death isn't such a bad idea? - September 15th 2017, 02:21 PM

Nevermind what I said. I don't think I'll be ending it yet.

The dry feeling persists though. This literal feeling of dryness and emptiness. Sucks.

Last edited by Sanctus Lupus; September 16th 2017 at 10:13 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Sanctus Lupus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Maybe death isn't such a bad idea? - September 15th 2017, 09:24 PM

Right, forget about this whole thing. I'm being a whiny bitch, that's all. Sorry for the bother. Just becomes too much to bear after some time.

Last edited by Sanctus Lupus; September 16th 2017 at 08:54 AM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Maybe death isn't such a bad idea? - September 16th 2017, 06:18 PM

I've felt the same way, and had those same thoughts.

A psychiatrist at a lecture said explaining the effect suicide has on the family helps convince patients to hang in there. Apparently my idea that everyone would be happier without me isn't correct. Apparently it can be devastating.

So I'm still alive, and now I'm like, well, since I'm still here, might as well do good things. Don't know what my purpose in being here is yet, or if there even is one. Maybe there isn't one. Maybe it doesn't matter. Maybe that's the wrong question to ask. Maybe there's a different question I haven't encountered yet.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Sanctus Lupus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Maybe death isn't such a bad idea? - September 16th 2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by del677 View Post
I've felt the same way, and had those same thoughts.

A psychiatrist at a lecture said explaining the effect suicide has on the family helps convince patients to hang in there. Apparently my idea that everyone would be happier without me isn't correct. Apparently it can be devastating.

So I'm still alive, and now I'm like, well, since I'm still here, might as well do good things. Don't know what my purpose in being here is yet, or if there even is one. Maybe there isn't one. Maybe it doesn't matter. Maybe that's the wrong question to ask. Maybe there's a different question I haven't encountered yet.
There is a meaning to life. The meaning of life is to reproduce and die. I'm afraid I might only be able to fulfill one of those two things. However, I don't know which one it will be.

You see, my goal in life is to attain physical immortality. Like Gilgamesh, I will do anything to never perish. So either I will be immortal, or I will reproduce. Perhaps both can be done, and one might say that they are the same thing (your heir carries your genes, so he carries a part of you).

Hopefully it all works out and I can be a loved/loving, desirable, wanted, immortal man.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Adele101 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Maybe death isn't such a bad idea? - September 16th 2017, 08:13 PM

Hi,
Your not being a whiny bitch at all. Your obviously suffering, whatever the reason. I've found that just keep myself busy by doing anything (from the dishes to hw) it'll help me cool down and then I won't be inclined to hurt myself when I'm upset or angry. It's important that you do get help because it's obvious that your finding I hard to cope. Maybe talking to your family or friends would help??

Keep calm and carry on.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Sanctus Lupus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Maybe death isn't such a bad idea? - September 16th 2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adele101 View Post
Hi,
Your not being a whiny bitch at all. Your obviously suffering, whatever the reason. I've found that just keep myself busy by doing anything (from the dishes to hw) it'll help me cool down and then I won't be inclined to hurt myself when I'm upset or angry. It's important that you do get help because it's obvious that your finding I hard to cope. Maybe talking to your family or friends would help??
Maybe. I don't think I really want to die. I never did want to die. I'm really, really really really scared of death. I think anyone is. But sometimes, it just gets so bad.

I'm giving my life some time to get better. We'll see when I'm 20. If I'm still alone and without experience by then, I think it's Face McShooty for me.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Adele101 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Maybe death isn't such a bad idea? - September 17th 2017, 10:29 AM

Hi again,
I just feel like giving yourself a deadline will only put you under more pressure. I don't know how old you are, but 20 sounds very young, I know for sure a lot of people don't get their act together, or feel any better that young. By 20 your still getting new experiences and there's so much more to do. I'm sorry that you feel this way. You can always PM me if you want to!

Keep calm and carry on.

Closed Thread