TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tanmay Jain Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I hate my life and my dad - October 23rd 2017, 03:27 PM

Hey guys , my name is Tanmay Jain .

I am a 14 year old boy in India . I hate my life and my parents . I don't fell complete hate towards my parents , maybe what they're doing is logical from their side , but still . I am in 10th standard and the entire family keeps pressurizing me . Sometimes , my frustation gets out in the form of anger and my parents instead of comforting me shout back at me . Once , after some relatives visited giving me unwanted advice on which subject to choose , how I should study for at least 5 hours a day , I got frustated and punched the wall . It didn't hurt me much but it helped remove my anger . But my mom saw me and kept shouting at me and taunting at me for the rest of the day . She is quite nice most of the time but sometimes she loses her temper and I am the only one she takes out her anger on .

My father and mom don't fight much , as much as I know . But my dad's bad . Whenever they're discussing something , even when he's in a good mood , he raises his voice and says to her like it was obvious and she's stupid . Although they have never got in a fight , a physical one , I hate when I see them arguing and my dad shouting at my mom . Another part of the problem is my sister . She stays out of town for college but frequently visits . Whenever she does , my parents ignore me except shouting at me and scolding . At that time , I hate them so much , sometimes I even wish to kill them although I control the thought . My dad also says whenever he buys me anything , even if it's not of my sister's liking , that it belongs to her and I am just borowwing it . She asks my sis to take it , something he bought for me , in front of me . And I feel like a beggar when my sister lets me keep it .

My dad also hardly listens to me . He always works for his own , my mom and sometimes my mom's work . Much of the home's chores that require going out is done by me . He gets a lot of free time and still refuses to do my work and only does it after days of asking . One time , he refused saying he was tired , then fifteen minutes later left with mom to get her stuff . I hate this partiality of his .

i have a smartphone which he bought me . Even then , since my phone is newer and better than my sis , he keeps asking her to take mine , it will be better . The biggest problem is that , our working times , me and my dad's is somewhat similar . We both come in the afternoon and work till five at which point I leave to play and he watches the news . Then I start studying back at 7 , eat and watch tv til 9 then continue studying . He timetable is somewhat the same . SO whenever he comes in my room to check , it's my free time too , and he keeps blaming me for always being on the phone . he never watches my studying and assumes that I never do .

He even insults me in front of my relatives and sometimes at public functions too . He even snatched away my phone and literally keeps it locked up in a box . My friends keep nugging me why I don't reply to their texts . I have important stuff there . I even requested him to use it for ten minutes per day , in front of him , and he refuses . I HATE HIM .

I'm like to write . I am working on a novel and will soon complete it . Whenever I work on it on the laptop , he eyes me weirdly and takes away the laptop if I use it for some time more than his liking . Once , while I was copying the file in pendrive , I accidently used cut and since he snatched away the laptop , I lost my draft . 15000 words and had to start all over again . when i complained to him , he blamed me and scolded me for being angry all the time .

when I grow up , i'll give some money , then leave him forever and never contact him .

What should I do ?

a depressed teen ,
help me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: I hate my life and my dad - October 30th 2017, 08:40 PM

Hello and welcome to teenhelp. We are so glad that you have joined and thank you so much for telling us about this and I'm so sorry that we haven't helped you out with this yet.

I know that it's hard when parents are yelling at the kids for whatever reason and then you get upset and start to yell back and this can be really hard to deal with. Because you don't always know what to do or how to handle this.

When you are getting upset you said that you we're hitting the walls, can you try and go for a walk to cool down or put on music to help you or a funny TV show or movie to also help you. You can also pick five things in you're room to help calm yourself down, look at you're bed, TV, computer, window and door and focus on them. Think about how all of them make you feel this can help calm you down so that you're not so angry. I hope that you are doing a little bit better.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Aaron, Offline
Crumbling away
Average Joe

Name: Aaron

Re: I hate my life and my dad - November 1st 2017, 12:26 AM

Damn thats rough . Working at 14? Hang in there mate. Parents suck. Just make a plan. Know that you're insanely young right now. You can do whatever you want to with your life (in due time :P)

Work hard, man. It will pay off. Head up.

7:55 AM [Hotard] everything is triggering
7:55 AM [Hotard] what if someone is allergic to the dough
7:55 AM [Hotard] and they get maniac rage burst
11:22 AM [Metallica] men think with their penises...to some extent
11:22 AM [~Emily~] One head or the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess~
There is no way that you are pregnant, and if you are your child is Jesus.
  Send a message via AIM to Aaron, Send a message via MSN to Aaron,  
Closed Thread