TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Aaron, Offline
Crumbling away
Average Joe

Name: Aaron

Hobo lyfe - November 1st 2017, 12:05 AM

Title aside, being homeless fucking blows. I've been homeless for 2 months and its felt like a year. I don't panhandle, the best I'll do is just attract people that offer me money. They feel bad I guess cuz I have cerebral palsy and long hair. So I've mainly been stealing everyday to keep myself alive, but inevitably I caught my first charge the other day. nothing too bad, just have to go to court.

I sleep on the 7th floor of a parking garage. Its enclosed in glass and cement, but it still gets cold. winter is coming. I only make around 700 a month, 1k if I'm lucky. A good amount of it goes to weed and LSD. I don't drink. But yeah. Life is so fucking boring and pointless. Those two just make it more interesting and thought provoking. Oh and cigarettes. I smoke tons.

My routine is the same. Wake up after a few hours of sleep. Wait for the buses to start running. Bum bus rides if I can. catch up on sleep. go to the store. steal. eat. go to the library. arrange my day on their computers. See if anyone wants to hang.

But after not being able to shower for a while, I start to smell. Bad enough to smell myself. To the point where I feel bad hanging around other people. I can get a room at the beginning of the month for a few nights, but after that its the struggle.

If I don't go a day without hanging out with someone, I get very depressed. Obviously my friends have shit to do and can't do it every day. so eventually I start to feel I'm annoying them when they don't reply. I consider myself to be a pretty chill person and a good friend, but still.

The only thing I have to look forward to is my girl, who'll be 18 in a couple months. I met her 2 years ago, but was hesitant to get close to her because she was so young. So I stopped talking to her for a while and she started dating someone in that time. So now its kinda fucked because she's gonna leave him for me and I'm gonna have to deal with that drama bullshit. Sooo yeah. And shes in West Virginia (about an hour away) I suppose that isn't too bad, but its not great. We talk everyday. and she keeps me going. The only reason I'm writing this now is because I'm not talking to her. We're super close.

I don't know how long I can keep this up for. Every day is exactly the same. Yesterday I was running on an hour of sleep and a Red Bull. I finally ate about 15 hours later. I could barely walk into the store and my vision was blurring. That's never happened before. I'm concerned. The bottoms of my feet are one big callus. They're constantly itching and they reek. Just ugh. Music is the only thing that keeps me going. Nicotine withdrawal is a fucking bitch after smoking 2-3 packs a day then smoking none/bumming the next. I have no ID, and no address. I have to wait another month to get a new food stamp card once I get a PO box. Shit. Just thought of that now. FUCK.

I guess I'm just venting. I have no direction in life. I want to go back to school and have kids before I'm 30, but idk. My family has its suspicions but only my friends know I'm homeless. My mom is in California living it up with my 3 half siblings and my step dad. My dad is close but we've never get along. When I was homeless previously (for a week) he wouldn't put me on the lease. He's fucking insane. Paranoid and very OCD and bipolar. I've never done anything (except argue) to him. All this shit. Just has me fucked. and I'm sure suicide is certain if I land myself in jail. just fuck. I feel so hollow and numb. Just so much fucking shit since I was a teenager has happened. And I nevvver complain. My attitude is deal with it. Eat it. eat it. eat it. But I don't know if I can anymore. I just want to sleep in a real bed and not on concrete.

Anyway, thank you for reading all the way through. Easily my longest post ever on here. so yeah. Thank you.

7:55 AM [Hotard] everything is triggering
7:55 AM [Hotard] what if someone is allergic to the dough
7:55 AM [Hotard] and they get maniac rage burst
11:22 AM [Metallica] men think with their penises...to some extent
11:22 AM [~Emily~] One head or the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess~
There is no way that you are pregnant, and if you are your child is Jesus.
  Send a message via AIM to Aaron, Send a message via MSN to Aaron,  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Aaron, Offline
Crumbling away
Average Joe

Name: Aaron

Re: Hobo lyfe - November 3rd 2017, 10:03 PM

ok then

7:55 AM [Hotard] everything is triggering
7:55 AM [Hotard] what if someone is allergic to the dough
7:55 AM [Hotard] and they get maniac rage burst
11:22 AM [Metallica] men think with their penises...to some extent
11:22 AM [~Emily~] One head or the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess~
There is no way that you are pregnant, and if you are your child is Jesus.
  Send a message via AIM to Aaron, Send a message via MSN to Aaron,  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Hobo lyfe - November 4th 2017, 03:32 AM

Hello,

I am sorry you are dealing with all of this. I am wondering if you have anyone you can stay with? It sounds like your family has their suspicions about you being homeless, is their any way you could go stay with your mom or get some type of financial help to get back on your feet? I know, that isn't always possible though. Do you have any friend's who would let you, at the least, spend the night once in a while or take showers? That can sometimes be helpful.

It might be beneficial to look into what type of resources you have available. There might be low income housing options, disability options etc. I know different states have different requirements though so it might be best to talk to your county in particular.

Best regards and I am sorry I don't have a whole lot to offer.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread