TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: hanna

I cant take it - May 26th 2009, 02:28 AM

I feel so alone and so hurt, im sick of my mom ripping into me for helping when all i do is go to school, come home and help. i had to quit softball to help her! She calls me an ungrateful peice of shit, my brother calls me trash and tells me to go to hell and our "nanny" calls me a slut and tells me to pull my head outta my ass. They hurt me so much, and no matter how much i try im never gonna be good enough.

My sister doesnt give a shit about me, she even said so. its sad when i love and trust my best friend and boyfriend more than my own family, or when i my boyfriend ends up hpolding me while i cry until i pass out. I cant take it anymore, i really just don't know what to do.
  Send a message via Yahoo to thistooshallpass  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: I cant take it - May 26th 2009, 02:42 AM

Hey,

I'm sorry that sound like it would be really hard to difficult to deal with. I know what it's like to have to trust other people more than you're family and that's hard to deal with. Family is supposed to always be there but sadly, many times that's not the case anymore. Could you possibly just try and tune out your family because they aren't being truthful. Maybe you should try and get back into sports and activties because it seems the less time you are there the better. Is there any adult that you could talk to about this, maybe a teacher or school counselor at your school, I think that would be a good idea!

I hope everything works out!
If you ever need to talk , pm me!

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Wishable Offline
★ Listen Up, Destiny
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Caroline

Re: I cant take it - May 26th 2009, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistooshallpass View Post
I feel so alone and so hurt, im sick of my mom ripping into me for helping when all i do is go to school, come home and help. i had to quit softball to help her! She calls me an ungrateful peice of shit, my brother calls me trash and tells me to go to hell and our "nanny" calls me a slut and tells me to pull my head outta my ass. They hurt me so much, and no matter how much i try im never gonna be good enough.

My sister doesnt give a shit about me, she even said so. its sad when i love and trust my best friend and boyfriend more than my own family, or when i my boyfriend ends up hpolding me while i cry until i pass out. I cant take it anymore, i really just don't know what to do.
Hey there,

First of all, you are not alone. There are so many people out there who understand and care, so as difficult as it is try not to feel completely deserted.

The way your mom treats you is not okay. You are not a slut, you are not ungrateful, and you are definitely worth way more then anything else they have called you. It sounds as if you have given so much of yourself to helping her, she should appreciate and realize that you are just a kid and deserve time to be one.

Friends are the family we make for yourself. Your best friend and boyfriend sound lovely, sometimes we are dealt a bad card and find our "people" outside of our home. Just because they aren't related to you doesn't mean they can't be your family.

You can do this, alright?

need some hope? click this one
know an angel? tell me about it

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I cant take it - May 26th 2009, 03:29 AM

Hey Hanna

It's great to see you reaching out for help, and I am really sorry that your family is treating you like this.

I will say, that I'm happy you have a boyfriend who is so understanding, and willing to stand by you in these hard times. That's incredibly helpful!

Try and talk to your parents, although from what you've mentioned, they probably won't listen too well. Try a cousellor, at school or otherwise, they can often help with personal situtations, and even with the depressive feelings you're having.

Although you mention nothing about suicide, you did post in this forum so I will go ahead and say please do not give up on life. It is wonderful, and things will be looking up before you know it!

Take care of yourself, and good luck

-Dylan

(#5 (permalink)) Old
love__me Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Rachel Sanders

Re: I cant take it - May 26th 2009, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzleMe View Post
Hey there,

First of all, you are not alone. There are so many people out there who understand and care, so as difficult as it is try not to feel completely deserted.

The way your mom treats you is not okay. You are not a slut, you are not ungrateful, and you are definitely worth way more then anything else they have called you. It sounds as if you have given so much of yourself to helping her, she should appreciate and realize that you are just a kid and deserve time to be one.

Friends are the family we make for yourself. Your best friend and boyfriend sound lovely, sometimes we are dealt a bad card and find our "people" outside of our home. Just because they aren't related to you doesn't mean they can't be your family.

You can do this, alright?
I agree with this. I don't tell my family anything,but I tell my best friend and friends everything that is bothering me.

You are not worthless,and you don't need to go to hell. No one does! If you ever need to talk, please feel free to PM me.

You are beautiful just the way you are.
Looking like a fallen star.
Don't listen to what people say.
They don't know the real you, anyways.

Closed Thread